What's new

Hermaphrodite offspring

blondie

Greetings everyone. I recently grew 7 plants, three different strains. All flowered at the same time. Somebody grew balls and lightly seeded most or all plants. Plants growing were Ace ka5h, tlt corinto, and my own cross of ka5h x (mm x hz21) . I highly suspect the cross grew balls. Ka5h was seeded with half a dozen seeds, as were corintos, and the cross.

I kept the ka5h seeds and am thinking to grow them out. I’m trying to figure what kind of plant these seeds would produce. I don’t think ka5h hermed so pollen donor was another strain. Is herm pollen similar to male pollen in that a cross is a random blend of both parents genetics or this pollen is encoded differently. Yes I’ll get a female plant but other than this.. not sure. Would these seeds be genetic copies of pollen donor? Anyone know? Thanks!

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Hello Blondie, thanks for the interesting question. If the plant is self-pollinated from pollen from itself and not female pollen from one of the sisters, she would be a genetic copy of the donor.

One can reverse hermaphrodite tendencies by incorporating true male pollen to the females for a few cycles.
Another way it is possible to reverse hermaphrodite plants back to female plants is by removing the male flowers or pollen sacs from the hermie cannabis, a process known as the reversion. This is only possible if all the sacks are located and removed.

mudballs

@GMT this is what I'm talking about in the mixing genetic material.creeper nailed it. Size of the Y 'stuff' that matters, is so small you can exchange literally segments or bad chunks of code easily...dangerously easy.

Fuel

Is herm pollen similar to male pollen in that a cross is a random blend of both parents genetics or this pollen is encoded differently.

You're mixing two concepts here.

There is no fundamental difference on how the genetic is dialed during meiosis and mitosis, it's the data carried itself that count and that you can essentialize to a "dominance".

Monoecy, great terps, potency ... it work the same essentially if you put hybridization patterns aside.

Would these seeds be genetic copies of pollen donor?

Never in the real world ^^ Or the historic domination of famous cuts will end suddenly, everybody will have the seed version for cheap. Like tomorrow morning with the shit ton of labels we have now.

The second concept to get is the possibility to carry a "partial code" to reduce temporary the expressions around a specificity. Typically how fems are produced, even S1.

It's why when you grow a S1, you never get the initial cut really but variations generated by the "random blend of both" that you was talking about.

It's just that the dices are cheated. So the score is always the same.
But not the individual score of each dice.

Hope it help

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
@mudballs hey
Well yes and no.
Igrowone was closer to the mark. Creeper was right in that the sex chromosomes can be swapped out, but by the time you've done it, you already lost most of the contents of the autosome too. Which in this case may not be a bad thing.

There have been many debates on whether haze contains Thai genes, but I think I'm right (off the top of my head) in saying mm does. If it does, and if haze does too, then it may not be a Hermie in the active Y sense. Which would require a "fix". It may well be the Thai genes recombining to generate the old issue of X to autosome mechanics rearing it's head. The old red tennis balls adding up to a critical number (for those who read that essay). If that is the case then these feminised outcross seeds are unlikely to herm themselves, (but watch out if they get f2ed).

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Hmmm, I haven't noticed that, but it's rare for me to play with ultra crazy sativas. Not unheard of, but rare. Can you give any examples?

mudballs

I decline to give strain names. Anecdotal from exposure to so many hybrids ive grown. Ive seen a fair amount of names cycle through soil here.

mudballs

"There is no fundamental difference on how the genetic is dialed during meiosis and mitosis, it's the data carried itself that count"
the machinery doesn't care if it's ATCG, or TCAG...it's gonna mix em, pull them apart and then remix them...it gets weird when you have multiple chromosomes...to the point multiple possible outcomes can occur.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Actually mud, it matters a hell of a lot.

If the DNA sequence is ATCG then the RNA sequence that actually builds the proteins will be : TAGC, however if the DNA is TCAG then the corresponding RNA would be AGTC. TAGC and AGTC would produce a different protein which would alter something. Remember, the DNA is the "film negative" and stays in the nucleus, the RNA is the "photographic image" and goes out into the cell to actually be viewed by the worker bots. It's the RNA that has the instructions on what to make (hence RNA vaccines).

mudballs

It recombines 'any' combination that is not abnormal, like mutations, and then the proteins are produced later to sustain life functions...im on meiosis...maybe we should flip back to the triploid thread for this? Maybe i should look more into base pairs...

Fuel

nodes.jpg sky view.jpg

But with plants please, too much words not enough cannabis.

Fuel

Sorry, too fast maybe. I shown an old polyploid (20 years ago).
Twice bud sites than a normal plants, without touching the yield. They aren't leaves or a fucked phillotaxy.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
That's not a polyploid fuel, it's just a quad. I have a trifoliar line, started to do a quad line but moved on, it would have taken too long.
Take a quick glance at this thread
This type of plant merely has additional copies of the lea13 gene. Not additional genomes.