What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Hemp Seed Oil on Salad/Bread

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hemp seed oil is something I haven't tried until recently. If you like the hemp seed you'll love hemp seed oil.

Goes great with spices as a bread dip or you can pour hemp seed oil on salad as a salad dressing. Goes well with parmesan cheese.

Last edited by a moderator:

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Hemp seed oil is something I haven't tried until recently. If you like the hemp seed you'll love hemp seed oil.

Goes great with spices as a bread dip or you can pour hemp seed oil on salad as a salad dressing. Goes well with parmesan cheese.

Thanks for the heads up friend.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just made some bomb homemade gnocci with organic whole wheat flour, organic potatoes, and an organic egg. Very easy. I skipped the salt. Very good @Timj

Will make a unique pesto sauce with hemp seed oil and parmajean cheese.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Speaking about bread, have to post my recipe for hemp whole wheat bread I have been making as panbread for years in a cast iron skillet at simmer heat (med-low). Its just a basic pizza dough recipe I found years ago when I was starting out.

1 3/4 cup whole wheat flour

1/4 cup hulled hemp seed (can use hemp protein powder but not preferrable)

1-2 tablespoons olive oil

1 cup water

Knead in mixing bowl until dough forms, add additional flour if needed to be able to turn out of bowl. Keep the mix moist as possible.

Knead on a pile of 1-2 cups whole wheat flour until bead is elastic or ripps. Divide into 2 and form into 2 separate dough patties.

Allow to sit for several minutes to allow to rise to desired texture.

Work dough into desired shape. To flatten, begin by using fingertips to make a ring indention just inside edge of the dough. Then use the palm of your hand to spread the dough outward while holding the center.

Coat pan with olive oil and cook covered at simmer (med-low) heat. Turn when dough is beginning to be firm on top and bottom begins to brown.

Bake at 375F for 20 minutes if using a small bread pan.

Works great for pancakes by the way. Very versatile whole wheat bread. Could add more hemp or oats if desired.