What's new

Hello from the Northwest

Hopefully I messaged everyone back to show my appreciation for you all stopping in and welcoming me! Sorry if it is weird or if not, that I hope I didn't miss anyone. I just had my coffee ☕ and felt like if you all took the time to welcome me, I should at least have the decency to respond to everyone and let you know I care and payed attention, it didn't go unnoticed. Thank you all!

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
Also I will be growing in an apartment and need to be stealthy, I have not grown here yet before since moving in, but do you guy's think it's chill? I'll just have two 2x4 tents. Any advice or suggestions as for security measures or hiding the smell...
Your apartments don’t allow it? Do they ever come in for inspection or maintenance?

Your apartments don’t allow it? Do they ever come in for inspection or maintenance?
No they won't allow it, since recreational became legal in Oregon. Most renters don't allow it. They try to come up with any and every excuse they can. They try to say it's still federally illegal, it causes mold, it's a drug, you say the state approved, it's fine with recreational adults, it won't cause mold if you didn't have to hide it and were allowed to properly maintain everything, and how could it be a drug if the state allows medical patients to use it, and approved it for adults to use recreationally... Then they try to say the smell will be a nuisance to neighbors, so you say you use a carbon filter, then they say "Well, even if you do everything YOU can to keep the property up to par and the neighbors happy, it CAUSES A SECURITY RISK! You can do everything in YOUR power to grow safe and proper, but YOU have no control of break ins and thieves and the "Unruly crowd it brings around!"... It's a joke honestly! Which is why I hadn't grown since moving here, but I recently started having health and mental health issues, and need my smoke. The stuff at the dispensaries is all basically "Runtz" or hybrids of it. And it makes my mental worse. But I recently noticed the smell of somebody growing and realized when it smells like plants hanging they constantly have their bathroom fan on humming 24/7 lol...
Then another neighbor I saw strapping a huge black contractor bag in his passenger seat at about midnight, and it smelled like he had just harvested and was taking it somewhere else to trim and dry. And they only come to do inspections here and there but not often, and when they do they have to let me know in advance, so I figure I can squeeze a grow in here and there and if I have to move it temporarily I have a chill spot they can go. If I have to abort the mission I have no problem with that, but I feel like I will never know it unless I grow it! 😂
And when I used to live at another apartment complex, the main maintenance guy had a grow in his WHOLE apartment lol! He came to fix my garbage disposal and seen I had a Nintendo 64 so he asked if he could bring over 007 and some bud and smoke me out and play some 007 hahaha, and one night he brought over a strain he was working on to let me be the first to try it, and when I told him I grow too, he invited me in his place! He had a 3 bedroom apartment with all 3 rooms flowering, the kitchen and living room were the veg space and he just slept in the corner on a military style cot! Hahaha I said "Bro how do you have this big of a grow and not have management find out!?!????" He just laughed and said "I don't know, I started off small and when I realized nobody noticed, it just expanded from there!" LOL
He even had the unit under him was the "Model" unit that was furnished but no tenants living in it. It was the unit they used to show new tenants what the apartments look like inside. I said "Nobody ever smells it?" He said "If they do, they never say anything, plus I have my med card and a couple other peoples med card so everything is legit, what could they do?"
So I just feel like I should at least try, I just won't do big plants, just smaller plants that can easily be put in totes and moved. And two 2x4 tents can be hidden easily if broke down. All I have to do is clean them so they don't smell and lock them in my storage in a box.

These are some pics from my last grow a couple years ago (probably 4 years ago)... I was just going 12/12 from seed in one gallon pots and was getting 7-30 grams each plant, and the plants are tiny. So in my 2x4 here and there I would get lucky (if the phenos were all producers) and pull a pound sometimes but weight never mattered because I was pulling down a 2x4 every 60 days so I always had bud to smoke and a good variety of flavors.
Here and there I would top a few and have little 2 ounce Bonsai trees lol 😂

Attachments

• Screenshot_20241001-101008_(1).png
    Screenshot_20241001-101008_(1).png
    662.1 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_20241001-101025_(1).png
    Screenshot_20241001-101025_(1).png
    496.5 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_20241001-101029_(1).png
    Screenshot_20241001-101029_(1).png
    791.9 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_20241001-101040_(1).png
    Screenshot_20241001-101040_(1).png
    765.8 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_20241001-101051_(1).png
    Screenshot_20241001-101051_(1).png
    1 MB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_20241001-101108_(1).png
    Screenshot_20241001-101108_(1).png
    467.1 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_20240927-012053_(1).png
    Screenshot_20240927-012053_(1).png
    838 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_20240927-012045_(1).png
    Screenshot_20240927-012045_(1).png
    1.1 MB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_20240927-012026_(1).png
    Screenshot_20240927-012026_(1).png
    1,012.4 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_20240927-012005_(1).png
    Screenshot_20240927-012005_(1).png
    756 KB · Views: 2

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
No they won't allow it, since recreational became legal in Oregon. Most renters don't allow it. They try to come up with any and every excuse they can. They try to say it's still federally illegal, it causes mold, it's a drug, you say the state approved, it's fine with recreational adults, it won't cause mold if you didn't have to hide it and were allowed to properly maintain everything, and how could it be a drug if the state allows medical patients to use it, and approved it for adults to use recreationally... Then they try to say the smell will be a nuisance to neighbors, so you say you use a carbon filter, then they say "Well, even if you do everything YOU can to keep the property up to par and the neighbors happy, it CAUSES A SECURITY RISK! You can do everything in YOUR power to grow safe and proper, but YOU have no control of break ins and thieves and the "Unruly crowd it brings around!"... It's a joke honestly! Which is why I hadn't grown since moving here, but I recently started having health and mental health issues, and need my smoke. The stuff at the dispensaries is all basically "Runtz" or hybrids of it. And it makes my mental worse. But I recently noticed the smell of somebody growing and realized when it smells like plants hanging they constantly have their bathroom fan on humming 24/7 lol...
Then another neighbor I saw strapping a huge black contractor bag in his passenger seat at about midnight, and it smelled like he had just harvested and was taking it somewhere else to trim and dry. And they only come to do inspections here and there but not often, and when they do they have to let me know in advance, so I figure I can squeeze a grow in here and there and if I have to move it temporarily I have a chill spot they can go. If I have to abort the mission I have no problem with that, but I feel like I will never know it unless I grow it! 😂
And when I used to live at another apartment complex, the main maintenance guy had a grow in his WHOLE apartment lol! He came to fix my garbage disposal and seen I had a Nintendo 64 so he asked if he could bring over 007 and some bud and smoke me out and play some 007 hahaha, and one night he brought over a strain he was working on to let me be the first to try it, and when I told him I grow too, he invited me in his place! He had a 3 bedroom apartment with all 3 rooms flowering, the kitchen and living room were the veg space and he just slept in the corner on a military style cot! Hahaha I said "Bro how do you have this big of a grow and not have management find out!?!????" He just laughed and said "I don't know, I started off small and when I realized nobody noticed, it just expanded from there!" LOL
He even had the unit under him was the "Model" unit that was furnished but no tenants living in it. It was the unit they used to show new tenants what the apartments look like inside. I said "Nobody ever smells it?" He said "If they do, they never say anything, plus I have my med card and a couple other peoples med card so everything is legit, what could they do?"
So I just feel like I should at least try, I just won't do big plants, just smaller plants that can easily be put in totes and moved. And two 2x4 tents can be hidden easily if broke down. All I have to do is clean them so they don't smell and lock them in my storage in a box.
Good luck with that DD. I would hate to have to break down my 2 2x4 tents for the bug guy to come in or for them to change the AC filter. I’m hoping it works out for you. Nice plants in your earlier grow.