Veteran
Hawaiian Snow x Sweet tooth 3

Attachments

• 20240921_185248.jpg
    20240921_185248.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 39

Freezerweed

Punto Rojo P3 C-Line by Satva - Pheno Hunt

Our current number #1 Punto Rojo lady, 8 weeks into flower. She’s about 180cm so not the smallest plant we’ve found. And she keeps creeping up, even at 8 weeks of flower. You can see some of those delicate leaves at the top cola starting to dry and curl a little. These are the kind of things you have to deal with growing sativas inside.

Aroma is classic butane / sour / with a note of fruitiness. It’s gonna be interesting to see how that goes as she continues to develop. Our notes say this line was nicknamed ‘Juicy Lucy’ so maybe she’ll show up soon. Sweet tropical fruits and Frankincense are also prevalent in this line.

The buds are already covered in resin, and wet to the touch. We can see them getting real big in the next few weeks as the plant continues to develop. We’re hoping she won’t go super long, but who knows…

Good news is, she seems to like the interior lighting and hasn’t hermed, whoop whoop!! She’s currently our number one girl for a reproduction, so expect more news about that later in the year.

For more information please go to our website.

HYP3

View attachment 19051004 View attachment 19051005 View attachment 19051006 View attachment 19051007 View attachment 19051008 View attachment 19051009 View attachment 19051010 View attachment 19051011 View attachment 19051012 View attachment 19051013
Beautiful plant!

Maria Sanchez

Re-vegged Super Silver Sour Thai Neville ('Sticky' pheno)
PXL_20240923_025453447.jpg
PXL_20240923_025502314.MP.jpg

She's been flowering since about Aug 10.
Estimated harvest around end of Nov at 14 wks / 100 days, like first round.

She shares a pot with her sister, 'Fluffy' pheno.
Sticky is maybe more SSSDH dom.
Fluffy more delicate and branching showing the Thai (Neville).

Both cure down to a sweet lemon, like a lovely baked lemon cheesecake, should be from the Thai.
But at harvest can smell the paint thinner / ethylene from the SSSDH.
Paint thinner becomes the sweetness, the lemon / citrus remains the same.

They both about 2.2 m tall or so, well over my head now!

Last edited:

bloyd

Veteran
Pre 98 kali Mist x destroyer x 2002 kali Mist. This girl leans destroyer 92 trichomes per mm pheno. 😄 fast bloomer reminds me of the Mexican in first Lady. Smells fresh like line dried sheets w/sweet tarts.

Attachments

• 20240926_011436.jpg
    20240926_011436.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 38
  • 20240926_011442.jpg
    20240926_011442.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 39
  • 20240926_011427.jpg
    20240926_011427.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 41

moose/MI

A timing the sativas harvest question.

I found my way back to sativas after a 40 year break growing. This is my 3rd season back.
We never had the luxury of taking them as far as we wanted back in the guerilla days.

After a particularly spectacular season outdoors I'm concerned I might take them too far.
Certainly don't want to jump the gun.
But I was forced to chop a bit early on some last year so my plan is to be resolute. 😉

In general If you're looking for the psychoactive giggly do you still wait for a percentage of amber? Full expression on the plant?
The 15% amber - 70%milky - 15% clear standard?

Or overall look of the buds? swelling, pistils, the beginning of foxtailing. etc.
I've got all the latter. I'm at 10 weeks.

Thanks

Last edited:

burningfire

Veteran
A timing the sativas harvest question.

I found my way back to sativas after a 40 year break growing. This is my 3rd season back.
We never had the luxury of taking them as far as we wanted back in the guerilla days.

After a particularly spectacular season outdoors I'm concerned I might take them too far.
Certainly don't want to jump the gun.
But I was forced to chop a bit early on some last year so my plan is to be resolute. 😉

In general If you're looking for the psychoactive giggly do you still wait for a percentage of amber? Full expression on the plant?
The 15% amber - 70%milky - 15% clear standard?

Or overall look of the buds? swelling, pistils, the beginning of foxtailing. etc.
I've got all the latter. I'm at 10 weeks.

Thanks

I just had a discussion about this with someone and my responses was that trichomes colour was mostly a myth, at least when it comes to CBN content. I read from more than one source that there is no CBN in a live plant. Now this may be due to terpenes oxidizing which can affect the high. I'm not arguing that amber trichomes doesn't provide a stonier high what I argue against is that it's CBN at work.

If you grow sativas, how long are you going to wait for ambers? There's tons of people that post thread with titles like "I've been waiting 3 weeks and still no ambers". I think it's more likely that some plants don't have the types of terpenes that become amber when they oxidize.

It can be a tool to determine the harvest window but I think after a while growing the same plant you start to get a sense for when it's ready and often it doesn't translate into different coloured trichomes.

I know when my plants enter the harvest window because the aroma usually changes and goes up a notch. As long as you don't harvest too early that it affects your final yield I think it's all about preference. I like one of my plants a little earlier rather than later, the head is a little more interesting.. but then I like much later rather than right in the middle of the harvest window since the later harvest is more blissful, if a little sleepy. I've taken a loupe to the bud and even after a weeks long cure the trichomes stay the same colour.

I think this is another myth that is being parroted online because it makes sense.. similar to what Dj Shorts claims about hollow stems, when in reality , the hollow stems are more common in fiber type cannabis than drug type.