What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Hell outdoors

tamworthrope

Hey brother you seem to be a pretty intelligent dude and don't want to trash up your thread.
I guess we have different opinions but if you don't like growing on private property which in my opinion is the way to go there are other options. I'm not going to tell you there are zero instances where the land owner doesn't get in trouble for some guerrilla growing on his land. What I will say is this is not the norm. For the state and federal government to start busting land owners for guerrillas, unknown to them, growing on their land you would see people up in arms.

You can go to any forest preserve or public piece of land to try your luck its just not my cup of pot tea. In the Chicago burbs there have been 1000 plant grows (mex cartel) in forest preserves. The last two years they have busted two huge grow ops in small suburban areas. No choppers that I have heard of though. For every one that gets busted there 10 that don't.

I cant see them following you with a chopper as you pull in and park at a local forest preserve. As far as rippers that's part of the biz but 5 plant plots can be well hidden in these areas. Just one mans opinion.

I guess its each guerrillas cross to bear I just hate to see peeps taking chances that in my opinion they don't need to.

Good luck to ya and stay low out there.

ExcelAtIt

I agree with the aforementioned shortcomings of the grow, I really appreciate the advice that some offer. I don't take offense at what some have said, I know I created the situation. Unfortunately, there was a rush side of it that I had been entangled in for years... this appears to be it catching back up to me.

I'm in no way complaining, I'm just looking for others who have gone through hell for this type of planting. When your feet are thorn infused and you stumbled back in the bush thankful you survived, its just something you want to retell to someone who might understand. I related this story to a family member and just looked at me like I was nuts. I feel somewhat like sometimes you gotta fight from the low ground up in life, especially for the things you believe in. When 1 or 2 plants is all you have, and you haven't smoked anything good for a long while (or at all for that matter), you'd be surprised how resilient and determined you can become.

I really did not do my research on what I would likely be able to get away with. I usually do a lot of work in this manic state, and when I'm back to reality I'm wondering, "what the hell did you get yourself into?". And yep, I definitely experience it without drinking. About heli's and planes not having anything better to do... they really don't. No nuts to chase an actual criminal. My city is only safer than 4% of those in the United States, there is a lot of foul crime that justifies such budgets. They even run helis in the city just looking for people, and its not a huge place for that.

Thanks for all the ideas, infrared or night vision is definitely something I will consider in the future. This grow, in part, is to help me save money where I can get out of the state within the next year and a half. Idiit, thanks for the defense. Its nice to knw someone else has experienced that. Other than browndirt, I don't know of anyone making that information very public. It does make me look like a dumbass to some, and I take that vulnerabile side with the glory. Anything I feel like could give some kid in his backyard a chance, I'm happy to relate.

ExcelAtIt

And for those who know of this 'cross to bear', I can't wait to hit 50 posts to spread some rep back around! Thanks for listening all, the well wishes mean a lot. This is the type of thing you would want to run to the bar and tell your buddies about, but I'm nowhere near that type. I'm glad to take the good and the bad by exposing this lifestyle...

Warped1

I'm a victim of fast women and slow horses
Veteran
I'll be the first to admit that alcohol and cannabis(growing/forums) are a bad combination..I know there have been a few thread responses I've made while intoxicated, that I wish I hadn't.
I hope you'll understand OP, that nobody here wants to see you or anyone else incarcerated for growing a simple weed. Just be as careful as you possibly can, per the situation. Damn I never would have started growing if I knew it was going to be a fucking hassle like you've had. Stay safe man..I surely can't tell you not to grow lol. Peace to all

ExcelAtIt

Warped1 - Its been a mixed blessing and a curse. I am actually not a drinker most weeks, I love marijuana but had to quit and this side appeared. Not that I condone getting ripped and going to your plants, but it helps. Strangely, the paranoia of smoking was making me afraid to leave home, thus the drinking and bad decisions. I quit for most of this month on the pot thing, but have resumed vaping really worn out bud. Its pretty much not doing anything good or bad for me. I'm trying to get some bubba somehow, one of my dream strains that I think would end the negative cannabis/health situation.

I'm still a little up in the air about whether to go back or not around harvest time. On the plus side, they were at about 1 or 2 weeks flower. Too bad I won't be able to stake up the YD. I'm hoping those broken branches off the side gave it a little more juice to strengthen up the lower half. Even if I don't get it, I want it to come to fruition. Hell, now if someone steals my plant (as I had first suspected earlier this month), I know they earned it.

idiit

Veteran
Anything I feel like could give some kid in his backyard a chance, I'm happy to relate.

^agreed!

i don't want to encourage anyone to do something risky but i also want others to understand what they are in for.

i think this has been a very positive thread. thumbs up.

SCF

Bong Smoking News Hound
Veteran
Leo is so much smarter than you think, remember we are in 2012... not 1970.... we have mad technology now. but remember, if they are going to get you, they will... im sorry you have to go through such crap to have some medical smoke. best of luck in your future grows. i believe sometimes leo just likes to fly around, drive around and bully people around just with their looks at times. ;)

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
thanks for sharing, i would definitely go back around harvest time and pick them up. just do it at night and be quick about it, in and chop and out. after all that stress i hope the plants are still there and ripening up well for you.

Latest posts

Latest posts