What's new

Haze males from old GHS lines

Spaventa

Veteran
The seed in the middle on the far left is something else, the rest are NH babies. The 3 seedings are the first pack.
D36D7E7B-29C8-4783-A098-7B687AAA297A.jpeg

*GROWHIGH*

Veteran
Sad news. One of the seedlings just stopped and died. The tap root had gone in to cube and case had half opened but it went no further.
The rest are doing fine so I have 7 chances to find the 13 week girl. I’m still hopeful.
booo ,..very common with old seed tho.. They are often alive, but lack the energy to fully sprout, so you get the tap root but nothing else ,.. I think you've done very well getting 70% can't wait to see what comes from those packs (y)

Spaventa

Veteran
booo ,..very common with old seed tho.. They are often alive, but lack the energy to fully sprout, so you get the tap root but nothing else ,.. I think you've done very well getting 70% can't wait to see what comes from those packs (y)
Thanks, I appreciate that. I agree, my theory is that the endosperm degrades and leaves the embryo with nothing to fuel early development. Some kind of replacement endosperm applied to the cracked open seed might be the thing with old seeds. A whole other endeavour. I have enough on my plate lol

Last edited:

I Care

Cool beans, you decided to hang onto em for some pollen storage. Still interested in a cut if you end up with spare material. I think those haze males, if you don’t dine it this season, are going to be as valuable as the females in your search for the 13wk finisher your trying to recreate.

Spaventa

Veteran
Cool beans, you decided to hang onto em for some pollen storage. Still interested in a cut if you end up with spare material. I think those haze males, if you don’t dine it this season, are going to be as valuable as the females in your search for the 13wk finisher your trying to recreate.
Not trying recreate anything bro, the tall, sparse, light green 13 weeker is one of the two most common female phenotypes in that release so unless I’m very unlucky, she will be among the babies. I’ll mother all three of the female phenotypes if I get them and I plan to flower any males and preserve the pollen.

I Care

Sorry, my knowledge of haze is limited to SSH at a shop called pyramid in outside of Amsterdam in holland on a mission for work. The only two places I got to see there were a kebab shop and to grab some weed to drive back to share with my friends in Poland. When you said you’re looking for people to take haze males I am happy to get involved and breed with my smaller varieties. Based on a discussion I listened to over and over again with TH, who held some deep chunk that made possibly the best weed I have ever smoked in my life being Bubba Kush Deep Chunk. He was suggesting to mix haze with anything, and the further apart you have two plants the better you will get for F1. Listening to him laugh and be high on haze during his discussion and having a good time talking about haze just before seeing your post, really got me inspired.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts