What's new

Hawaiian Sativas

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
Screenshot_20231014-122827_Drive.jpg

Lolo94

I'm know I'm in the minority, but I'd love to see buds like mexicurendero420 is showing offered in the dispensaries. Wether advertised as indicas or sativas, all buds they sell seem to look alike in structure. After recently trying a 30% THC version of Red Congolese , I noticed that the high was alot heavier (narcotic) than a clone I'd gotten back in 2010 which was very energetic with virtually no narcotic effects. I'm curious if the effect of very high THC is correlated to how narcotic a strain is. Anyways, ended up throwing the rest of the bud away.
Attached is a photo of a few recently harvested 3/4 lower Puna Swazi IBL x 2010 cut of Red Congo grown outdoors by a friend in Northern California. I think it was harvested a little early, but the taste was very fruity and high was very energetic. It's fun to be taken on ride after smoking vs being driven to the couch. Buds will be vaccum sealed and reopened in 6 months or so. This should maximze the potential.

Attachments

• Swaz75.JPG
    Swaz75.JPG
    5.4 MB · Views: 85

ost

When I ordered a grow light back in the early nineties, the UPS guy did everything he could to get into my apt to deliver it. I did my business with him out in the hall. What saved me was not to order seeds from SSSC or the Seed Bank. It was bag seeds for me or trading bud for seeds from those who I thought had good stuff. I didn't know about Green Merchant at the time but later found out about it and realized my caution was warranted.

Yeah, it wasn't all bad by any means about knowing where they were planning their raids. On Oahu, at least for a while, they published in the Advertiser where they were going to eradicate. Presumably, to warn hikers away from their operations. Initially at least, they said that they were not looking to bust anyone but just eradicate. This was the standard line at the time and I heard it repeated several times, even on the local news broadcasts.
For myself, (during the dry period of late eighties and early nineties) I had been reading High Times since the early eighties and knew about the seed banks and indoor growing. I ordered a Hydrofarm light and the UPS guy used every line in the book to deliver it inside my apartment. I insisted to sign the paperwork out in the common area. I'm sure I was not just paranoid. I was very interested in the Hazes that Nevil was offering from his Seed Bank (and also SSSC). I never took that plunge however (thankfully), and just relied on bag seeds.
that i can understand did'nt order from a high times mag ,stuck with bag seed for years.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
I feel uncomfortable giving numbers to potency especially when there

are so many parameters to consider...

I would give it higher marks due to edgyness..

I understand.

FED HS is not very popular these days. and I noticed that guys who are keeping it, are looking for that vibe. I think it is mainly mexican genetics. so happy vibe weed. if sativa weed is anxious and cold euphoria, it usually seems more strong than warm happy vibe weed. I cant remember if I ever had weed, which was happy, warm and in the same time it would be trippy. no...

there were some crosses of HS, with sweet skunk or romulan. but I dont see it around anymore. except of golden goat cut.

ost

I understand.

FED HS is not very popular these days. and I noticed that guys who are keeping it, are looking for that vibe. I think it is mainly mexican genetics. so happy vibe weed. if sativa weed is anxious and cold euphoria, it usually seems more strong than warm happy vibe weed. I cant remember if I ever had weed, which was happy, warm and in the same time it would be trippy. no...

there were some crosses of HS, with sweet skunk or romulan. but I dont see it around anymore. except of golden goat cut.
seems to be a romulan cross about everywhere you look these days,everyone is hunting the thc lottery cross!

exoticrobotic

seems to be a romulan cross about everywhere you look these days,everyone is hunting the thc lottery cross!

Jakes Romulan, (dunno about Feds) is quite a nice smoke. I can see why there are so many crosses.

So far every one i've run has been a few notches above anything else.

The buzz reminds me of good quality export hashes 20 years ago.

• Love
Reactions: ost

Rgd

Veteran
imho HS is a freaking genetic gem in sativa land

still trying to find a Romulan.....

Reactions: ost

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
I understand.

Like i said before Hawaii is volcanic, sunny and the air is full of minerals because it's surrounded by a big ocean and sunlight is much brighter.I live myself 5 minutes walk from the beach, but its so different than when you go a few miles inland.We have wild rucola growing here, which is so strong in taste, it's uncomparable with what you buy in a shop.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
Like i said before Hawaii is volcanic, sunny and the air is full of minerals because it's surrounded by a big ocean and sunlight is much brighter.I live myself 5 minutes walk from the beach, but its so different than when you go a few miles inland.We have wild rucola growing here, which is so strong in taste, it's uncomparable with what you buy in a shop.

yeah.

I swear I smell ocean salty breeze in many hawaiians I grew.

troutman

Seed Whore
We have wild rucola growing here, which is so strong in taste, it's uncomparable with what you buy in a shop.
Rucola Selvatica means Wild Arugula/Wild Rocket. Compared to Cultivated Arugula, it is slower growing,
ready in about 50 days, with more deeply lobed leaves and a more pungent flavour. Arugula has been
grown since Roman times, reputedly as an aphrodisiac, and is used widely in Italian cuisine.

Now I know why You like it. :peek:

Lolo94

Love the photos and creative strain names. I'm curious if anyone has grown any of Coastal Seeds Hawaiiam crosses in Hawaii? He has Kauai Electric x Thai, Kona Gold x Thai, and Puna Baddah x Purple Corinto.
Can't wait to return there , and grow in the wide open. Guerrilla growing was interesting, but a hell of alot of work.

Latest posts

Latest posts