What's new

Has Anyone Bought Legal Weed Yet?

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
You saw the long lines of fools waiting to pay those prices and taxes. In their opinion it was a good idea.

PT Barnum saw them coming. At least in IL now if you get caught with some dope on you they won't add that on.

S

Sertaiz

in mass so i visited a shop with a family member, was, good quality high but gave slight cough like overfert, but was 65 an eighth. wow. i only got cause my family member was willing to split. last time i paid that was 11 years ago. just for see... give it away its a plant...... was hard to watch all those people get their money taken in a line......

redlaser

Veteran
Was it last year around December that they caught a guy with 1500 packs in his truck, going from cali to ch*tcago?

I bet the cops are still enjoying and selling that stuff. :biggrin:

IMO those prices and taxes are ridiculous.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/california-drug-investigator-busted-smuggling-pot-cross-country-n491

^ here’s a California cop from last year that got caught going from Yuba County Ca to Pennsylvania with 122 lbs of confiscated pot.

Apparently in Pennsylvania 122lbs is going for 2 million these days, or a bit over 16k a lb. Makes that rec weed with tax sound cheap.

Cadfael

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/california-drug-investigator-busted-smuggling-pot-cross-country-n491

^ here’s a California cop from last year that got caught going from Yuba County Ca to Pennsylvania with 122 lbs of confiscated pot.

Apparently in Pennsylvania 122lbs is going for 2 million these days, or a bit over 16k a lb. Makes that rec weed with tax sound cheap.

so 40 per gram?!? Even at the over-inflated hyperbolic pricing of cops to justify their war, this is ludicrous.

shithawk420

Veteran
40 a gram? That's like coke prices.what sane person would pay 16lb? Probably cheaper in some prisons.the only way I can make sense out of the whole legal scene is to drive black market prices down so it's harder for the average grower to make any decent money

olday

Veteran
IL vs CO&CA

IL vs CO&CA

I got a little bit of a jump in IL but so far I think we have a long way to go

- Strains, actually pretty good when you can find what you are looking for which is still really hard to do. I’ve had really good luck with little Egypt’s offerings as well as grass roots and have been disappointed by Bedford despite them demanding a high price point.

- prices - yeah, ouch but they will come down

- Med patient access, here I have been very pleased, can preorder online and walk to the front of the line for pickup.

- experience, this is where we are still way behind. It still feels like buying liquor in Salt Lake City, not a lot of quality sniff jars much less products on the shelf to look at and we really need to do something along the lines of coffee shops to generate the kind of revenue they are looking for. West coast still has this issue as well but it’s an opportunity to define what the IL scene can be.

mass

mass

Yeah I got an eighth of Queen Mother Gogi (goji? I think they misspelled it on the packaging) at Canna Provisions in Mass. It was super expensive but I wanted to try something legal to compare to my own. It was pretty good, nice smell, taste and high, but Id say my own is comparable. Good to know in case I ever want to go legit :)

olday

Veteran
It was super expensive but I wanted to try something legal to compare to my own. It was pretty good, nice smell, taste and high, but Id say my own is comparable. Good to know in case I ever want to go legit :)

One thing I will say about my own (which I haven’t had in ages but that is changing soon) is that I really preferred my curing / finishing better. The stuff from the shop is a little dryer than I would like. Great from a fair weight perspective but could be a bit more sticky

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
One thing I will say about my own (which I haven’t had in ages but that is changing soon) is that I really preferred my curing / finishing better. The stuff from the shop is a little dryer than I would like. Great from a fair weight perspective but could be a bit more sticky
That's a handling issue.

How many hands has that bud gone through before it got to you? It was probably also picked early to stay on a schedule. Not too many commercial growers let the plants finish off naturally.

yardgrazer

Those IL taxes are really high... MA rec is generally taxed at 20% (the sales tax + a cannabis tax + local tax). Personally I don't go to places that are charging more than $50 an eighth (so, 60 with taxes). No personal experience but I don't think licensed med users pay tax in MA? I've had mixed luck with dispensaries in MA, learned a lot about what works for me in the process. Hope it's better in IL!

Needless to say the unregulated market is still cheaper, and homegrown trumps all. As for the people waiting in lines, there are a ton of people who would love to partake but have shitty/unreliable/non-existent options outside of dispensaries. I've moved across the country a few times, and it can be pretty tough making new connections. I feel for those people. And hey, also gives a person the novelty of picking from a plethora of varities, that's an even rarer option for most people.

Beaucephus

Pretty soon we can look forward to no dea agents kicking our doors in because the atf will be doing it as soon as the gov hands it over to tobacco companies. Wonder what the punishment will be, surely more severe then what it is now..,,,,,

If I were growing commercially, Id rather err on the side of a little too dry before I seal it up and sell it! Must be hard to keep track of so much product. I think thats why homegrown anything will be better than store bought, you can pay much closer attention to the details. Well, if you are a good grower at least... I know my first few tries were pretty shabby!

Mass, Colorado, Amsterdam... havent had bad bud yet!

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
The weed I bought in Amsterdam was consistently good, if not great. In Denver, all the weed I bought tasted like crap, a bad chemical taste I had never experienced before. It gave me a dry cough, and left a bad aftertaste.
From what I've read about Illinois, they have very little weed for dispensaries to keep up with the demand, so that explains the jacked up prices there. That, and the gouging taxes. Grow your own, and fuck 'em.

olday

Veteran
The weed I bought in Amsterdam was consistently good, if not great. In Denver, all the weed I bought tasted like crap, a bad chemical taste I had never experienced before. It gave me a dry cough, and left a bad aftertaste.
From what I've read about Illinois, they have very little weed for dispensaries to keep up with the demand, so that explains the jacked up prices there. That, and the gouging taxes. Grow your own, and fuck 'em.

The nugs have been pretty solid so far compared to what I have picked up in the CO/CA/NV shops - but to your point, the best part is taking the heat off of us that want to run our own show. No clone shops yet tho

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
There is plenty of dope in sh*tcago. Here is one load they stole from some guy last year. I bet the guy was busted the minute he left the triangle.

Article:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/chicago-police-find-1500-pounds-of-pot-during-traffic-stop

drug_bust_1.0.jpg

Last edited:

JDubsocal

I grow my own. If you cant grow, learn. If you are not good at growing, get better. This site is a university of knowledge that had taught me well. It can teach you well too. Shop weed is ok, but your own efforts will turn out much better, not to mention the money you will save for better use

Attachments

• 20191124_121046.jpg
    20191124_121046.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 80
  • 20191012_173944.jpg
    20191012_173944.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 82
  • 20191012_184440.jpg
    20191012_184440.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 89

Latest posts

Latest posts