What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Hammers perpetual Grow journal.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I always liked your work, know it was appreciated and helped. Most people thought mac1 didn’t cross well but i just got it back because the flashbang proved it did. Flashbang was one of the best flowers i have ever grown or seen.

Thank you so much for the kind words. I'm glad you enjoyed what you found. Getting quality plants from seed in other gardens is why I started.

The MAC 1 clone is what they were referring to. She doesn't breed well. Lots of mutations. I didn't use MAC1. I use my selection from MAC seeds. He has made a lot of killer lines.

Itsmychoice

ICMag Donor
Nice. I always liked seeing snowman as the male and so i thought it was the Mac1 clone. I grew both side by side and the flashbang i found was so similar to Mac1, just as frosty with a more pronounced smell. It was “one that got away” in my garden that i should have kept. Fine work!

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Destiny x Sowahh. Terps are all Sour Diesel
DSCN1464.JPG
DSCN1463.JPG

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Did you get a kitty?
I found this kitty in the neighbor's water heater closet. The storm blew the door off. I could see her. She was tiny and starving. She's been spayed and her shots are up to date. I figured Cricket would love someone to play with in his old age. So far that has worked out great. She can be a pest at night.
439593702_7564305793629064_8837023047948878739_n.jpg

Last edited:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What a difference in some of these (Neviles Haze x O Haze) x (APPSS x NEM) seeds. I'm seeing some plants that look AFFY dom. NH has purest indica in it. APPSS has Super skunk =SK#1 x affy. There is more Sativa in this project than AFFY. Its always exciting to see what I get. I'm still diggin' these affy lookin plants. Its been a min since I've found any Affy dom plants. These plants will go info flower next. My flower room is almost empty. I've been limited in doing mono pheno hunts do to the variety grown. Only could do a few of ea. Now I can run lots of the same seeds . It's def a huge relief with less plants to grow.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This pheno of HK x Kona Sunset is the best I've found so far. She's longer flowering than the others have been. This is 92 days. I'll take her down soon. I'm getting an old school taste that stays on the pallet for a while.. This project has some old lines from gooey. Recessive traits are bound to show up. A potent Kushy plant with a unique flavor profile. I'll keep this for myself.

Hammers Kush= Cherry Cookies x C.BANANA

Kona Sunset=https://en.seedfinder.eu/strain-info/Kona_Sunset/Gooey_Breeder_Seeds/
Cambodian (70's landrace)
Mex gold (70's landrace)
Lumbo gold (70's landrace)
Thai ( 80's landrace)
Maui (1972 wowie from the developer)
DSCN1516.JPG
DSCN1517.JPG

Steele Savage

Boutique Breeder
Veteran
Sup Hammer, figured I'd stop by and give my support. Dig what yer doin, brahda. That Sowah cross looks killa.

Steele

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The huge surprise in this run was Hammers Kush x Kona Sunset.. A perfect example of a plant we think won't be any good based on looks. High quality resin matters more than anything. We all put too much faith with high resin coverage plants to be the best. This pheno is the least frosty I've found in these seeds. She is the best of them all. She tastes fantastic and makes my face sweat. Potent weed always makes my face sweat.. Taken at 95 days. This is 1980 KUSH that wasn't called Kush yet.
DSCN1526.JPG

Last edited:

RoostaPhish

Veteran
Yeah, I definitely don't make any selections until I have tried the finished product. Unless there is something really funky with a plant. I see way to many folks on here choosing plants in veg even. A lot of times going off of plant morphology, like bushyness and stem rubs and such. And I never understand it. Those things are great to note. But definitely not a determining factor.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah, I definitely don't make any selections until I have tried the finished product. Unless there is something really funky with a plant. I see way to many folks on here choosing plants in veg even. A lot of times going off of plant morphology, like bushyness and stem rubs and such. And I never understand it. Those things are great to note. But definitely not a determining factor.
The huge surprise in this run was Hammers Kush x Kona Sunset.. A perfect example of a plant we think won't be any good based on looks. High quality resin matters more than anything. We all put too much faith with high resin coverage plants to be the best. This pheno is the least frosty I've found in these seeds. She is the best of them all. She tastes fantastic and makes my face sweat. Potent weed always makes my face sweat.. Taken at 95 days. This is 1980 KUSH that wasn't called Kush yet.
Your must be quoting this post?. Its normal to make selections based on what we like. I think all do that. Most of the plants with good traits will be the best ones. The smoke test is a very important part.

Last edited:

RoostaPhish

Veteran
Yes I was responding to that. But I don't really agree with basing a plant off of veg if you haven't grown it before. It's purely speculation as to what it will turn out like. I mean how many threads are on here about people thinking they have roadkill based off a stem rub. Or thinking a plant will be compact, just because it is in veg. Only to find out it stretches x3 or more. I pick varieties i like all the time, as you said, but thats after I smoked it. I mean your post literally was talking about how the plant appeared to be the least desirable, but was actually the most.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yes I was responding to that. But I don't really agree with basing a plant off of veg if you haven't grown it before. It's purely speculation as to what it will turn out like. I mean how many threads are on here about people thinking they have roadkill based off a stem rub. Or thinking a plant will be compact, just because it is in veg. Only to find out it stretches x3 or more. I pick varieties i like all the time, as you said, but thats after I smoked it. I mean your post literally was talking about how the plant appeared to be the least desirable, but was actually the most.

I don't blame them. Not many left know what 1980 skunk was like. They base their opinions on what they're getting today. There are a lot of plants that have slight skunk terps, especially in veg. I do not flower every seed I germ. Lots never make it to my flower room. I def make selections. After growing for so long it's not hard picking winners. She was good enough to make it into my flower room. The high is only 1 part. The chemotype, Terps, and Flav are just as important. I've tossed many plants missing traits. Looks alone can be deceiving. From my experience poor looking plants rarely end up being the best. Recessive traits show up when we least expect it. This is why taking a cutting from all is the best practice. Sometimes I drop the ball taking cuts. What made her special was the terps/potency recessive traits passed down from Gooey's genetics. She was not the typical phenotypes found in that line. I still have enough seeds to look for another. I have 6 more in veg now. She reminds me of the quality before it was called Kush.