What's new
  • As of today ICMag has his own Discord server. In this Discord server you can chat, talk with eachother, listen to music, share stories and pictures...and much more. Join now and let's grow together! Join ICMag Discord here! More details in this thread here: here.
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Growreport 4x4 - AUTOPOT & Biotabs ORGANIC

wutwut

Veteran
impressive. so do you use the original biotabs or guerillas? and what is your dosage of it? and do you water the pk booster compost tea by hand or add it to the reservoir? also, do you adjust ph? and have you tried the system without additional perlite?

Ttutorial

420club
impressive. so do you use the original biotabs or guerillas? and what is your dosage of it? and do you water the pk booster compost tea by hand or add it to the reservoir? also, do you adjust ph? and have you tried the system without additional perlite?
Hey Buddy!!

Biotabs:

• I use the original Biotabs, not the Guerilla version.
  • I use one Biotab for a 5L (1.32 gallon) pot.
  • I use two Biotabs for a 15L (3.9 gallon) pot.
  • After 6-7 weeks, I might add 1/2 or 1/4 of a Biotab - after the first giving.
Compost Tea:

• I water the compost tea by hand, I wouldn't put it in the reservoir.
  • I use 500ml (1/4 gallon) per plant, as suggested in the manual.
pH:

• I don't adjust the pH. My tap water has a pH of 7.8-7.9, and I haven't had any issues.
  • I believe microbes will adjust the pH naturally in an organic system.
  • If you do adjust pH, be consistent and use the same pH for every watering.
  • Microbes don't like fluctuations.
Substrate:

• I use Biobizz Light-Mix as my substrate.
  • It's low in nutrients, making it perfect for the "just add water" Biotab strategy.
  • Light-Mix needs cal-mag, so I add dolomite lime.
Perlite:

• Biobizz Light-Mix contains 30% perlite out of the box (15L)
  • I add 2 x 10L of perlite, resulting in a 50/50 mix of Light-Mix and perlite.
  • I tried using 30% perlite once, and it wasn't good. The lower branches died, and the stems buckled.
  • You need oxygen in your substrate, especially when it's heavily saturated (it is 100% all the time).