What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Growing Victory, Microbial Repositories

Loriented

DIY Weed and weed root tea recipe, rich in nutrients nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium and other minerals.

Use dandelions, clovers, stinging nettles, docks, chickweeds or even grass clippings.

Deep-rooted weeds like Dandelion and Dock mine valuable nutrients from deep in the ground, and become present in the tea.

However, do not use any toxic or inedible weed plants such as poison ivy, poison oak, fire weeds or lantanas, they say it will make the crop poisonous.

Fill a bucket two-thirds full with the weeds, making sure to tightly pack them as much as possible.

Then fill the bucket with non-chlorinated water.

Then place a brick or large rock in the bucket to hold the weeds under the water's surface and then loosely place the a lid on, but not air tight.

Leave the bucket of weed tea somewhere in the garden to ferment for a week or two, and then you will have a no-cost rich fertilizer.

Strain it to prevent weed seeds, unless you don't care about the weed seeds going into the garden.

moose/MI

It's been about 3 weeks since the last time so I gave my 30gal containers a treat today.
Streamlined my process a little bit by grinding it in two stages.
It worked really well I think.

@farmerlion how often do you recommend?

Attachments

• 20240611_133942.jpg
    20240611_133942.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 32
  • 20240611_134022.jpg
    20240611_134022.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 32
  • 20240611_134828.jpg
    20240611_134828.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 31
  • 20240611_134929.jpg
    20240611_134929.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 28
  • 20240611_135652.jpg
    20240611_135652.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 31
  • 20240611_141745.jpg
    20240611_141745.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 33

sticky.colors

Wondering about heat on the plastic. Had a friend attempt a 600 watt inside a rubbermaid cabinet, ...damn near burned the house down. The cab was melting and dripping, good thing that someone was there to wonder what that smell was, so got everything under control.
I still have a friend who once mounted a ballast on wood as well. Its dangerous for sure, He burnt the house and got on vacation for 2,5years in consequence.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Cant legally grow yet, but I have been feeding strawberries and eggs to my tomato plants, and never saw them do better than this year. Thank you @farmerlion for sharing your knowledge and all of the ideas...
Loriented,
I'm so happy for you my friend!
Across America 🇺🇸 there is so many fruits that get wasted or damaged in shipping/harvest.

The fruiting bodies generally find they're wat to a hog farm for free. They might as well go into the garden and bring out the very best in what plants are capable of producing.
Peace farmerlion

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
I was wondering do you use mycorrhizae? Would this method optimize mycorrhizae by having abundant carbohydrates? Do you innocculate the media with mycorrhizae before planting?
Pipeline my friend,
At what cost? How much do you want to spend?

Just a very quick search answers a few questions. $20 is the starting price for an inferior product, some are close to $200 for more of the same inferior products?

I have done studies with inoculation of mycelium integration with initial results of 1:15 of consumable notability.

Each repository feeding is an inoculation of sugars,enzymes and microbial colonies acclimated food sources.
I started the acclimation process nearly two months before I germinated the seeds into the final grow bags.

There is a multitude of microbial colonies that can feed the Rhyzosphere. I have selected food sources that are widely available to me in multiple communities and competitive prices.

Peace brother 🙏 farmerlion

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Alright not exactly sure what you meant. There are a lot of generalizations I'm not really sure about what you said.

What differences did you notice in the final product, or did you not notice better growth.

Mycorrhizae can be innoculated by using an growing media containing it at transplant in early stages. There are fungi other than mycorrhizae present of course that are beneficial. Did you innoculate with the psillosybin mushroom inocculant this year?

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Alright not exactly sure what you meant. There are a lot of generalizations I'm not really sure about what you said.

What differences did you notice in the final product, or did you not notice better growth.

Mycorrhizae can be innoculated by using an growing media containing it at transplant in early stages. There are fungi other than mycorrhizae present of course that are beneficial. Did you innoculate with the psillosybin mushroom inocculant this year?
No I didn't do any psilosybin this season. I need to be wholly devoted to that project alone, when I circle back to it with ficus.
Peace farmerlion

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Damn, friend you need a bigger greenhouse.
The male has reached the 10'6" ceiling height. If the current version of the home growers portion of our Cannabis Measure is past and not molested again by State Government.

The Measure allows for 6 plants per married couple household, or 3 plants per person that meet eligibility? I will happily go to 6 plants and maximize my space that would be a teachable lesson to all people in my State.

I have tested about 65 to 75 different strains and know the flowering onset and finish times. When It comes to genetics that I have and documented grows of my library of genetics has all guesswork removed.

I could share or make available to people in my State. I'm working on a State Private Home Growers Sales Platform. . That will directly benefit each small town community and local law enforcement directly per time of sale..

My harvest this season per bag size and plant count can be used to determine the best bag size for 6 individual plants. What is going to be the most common container size for greenhouse growers?

I'm also planning our first Cannabis Cup. I would invite my State Dispensary Growers to compete against my efforts from this season even though it's a Production Cycle with seeded fluorescence.

Regardless of Public opinion, they will know what's possible in a greenhouse here? Hopefully I can get the State to change it's way of growing commercially. The United States Nationally 🇺🇸 Then I'm going to change how the world farms without synthetics and they make more money...
Peace farmerlion

Like @Gypsy Nirvana says, It all starts with a seed. I pray often 🙏 that I get the chance to influence our Legislators will a decade of my irrefutable experience and results.

It should be done and shared at a Cannabis Cup Event?
Peace farmerlion

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Wow? The days are clicking off quickly!
August is almost over and in the books.

Plants are changing, be looking for the difference between the leaves that are dying back and those that are influencing hormone production.

The Anthocyanins will be and are already at work creating phenotypic expressions, but they still might be subtle at this time. We don't know what is hiding behind every leaf yet?

A beautiful tapestry is yet to be painted!
peace farmerlion
20240828_155815.jpg
20240828_155800.jpg
20240828_155752.jpg
20240828_155927.jpg