What's new

Greenleaf Megacrop

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
I bought the new blend maybe 6 weeks ago. There is NO precipitate when I mix in 5 gal pails. 1 tsp per gallon. Works fucking great in veg- growing in coco. Mix it for one minute with a paddle in a dewalt drill. Mixes way the hell easier than my V+B. You people must be using the old formula or have some fucked up water IMO.

Bio boy

I bought the new blend maybe 6 weeks ago. There is NO precipitate when I mix in 5 gal pails. 1 tsp per gallon. Works fucking great in veg- growing in coco. Mix it for one minute with a paddle in a dewalt drill. Mixes way the hell easier than my V+B. You people mkpust be using the old formula or have some fucked up water IMO.
I Ordered some but their instagram is full or buds with hook leaves. Do you have any pics of yours?

le_toy

Some of the posts I read don't reassure me.

I just ordered the A & B part in a 3kg bag with 5kg of epsom salt, to use as the Jack's 321.
Jack's Nutrient is not available in the EU, and they don't even bother to answer mail.

I will try to do a full Run with MC A&B + Epsom in 321, with tap water with 0.2EC.
A: 0.6EC + Epsom: 0.2 + B: 0.4EC + Tab water: 0.2EC
I planned to do 6 watering (maybe more) per day in DTW, 4 during the day on and 2 at night
I am in Coco + perlite 50/50, in Airpot of 5L

saitama

I bought the new blend maybe 6 weeks ago. There is NO precipitate when I mix in 5 gal pails. 1 tsp per gallon. Works fucking great in veg- growing in coco. Mix it for one minute with a paddle in a dewalt drill. Mixes way the hell easier than my V+B. You people must be using the old formula or have some fucked up water IMO.

What EC does that come out to? Also, do you add calmag?

I've been having good luck with the new blend as well. It needs to run a little hotter than V+B in flower, but I don't mind. I get less precipitate than with VB.

Biologist

Just thought I would revisit this thread and say something nice about MegaCrop. I think it is a good veg nutrient. For veg and bloom I use different nutrients because MegaCrop can't make a soluble concentrated stock solution for use with injectors and drippers, but if you hand water or use a rez, it may be a good option. The MegaCrop composition is quite similar to the ratios in Athena's veg nutrients. So it is like getting a one-part cheaper version of Athena macro ratios for veg. It just has much less calcium and sulfur.

Athena Veg

N 98
P 32
K 153
Ca 94
Mg 28
S 74
Fe 1.5

MegaCrop 4 g/gal

N 106
P 35
K 159
Ca 78
Mg 30
S 38
Fe 1.6

Last edited:
hi all, we are doing a 420 giveaway for this month, if you want a free sample of some of our new products hit us up!
1682025032533.png

Posting the latest heavy metal testing results now here. We have never had any issues in 13 years (since our founding) of Heavy Metal issues, the main reasons being
  1. Hydroponic/Mineral/Synthetic fertilizer are simply not likely vector for contamination with heavy metals. If you know how heavy metals work, they are most likely to be found in corrupted water supplies, soil/media or accumulated by animals on the food chain and from animal products fertilizers. So dry, hydroponic type fertilizers that don’t use any animal products, are an exceptionally low risk of contamination
  2. We source all of our raw materials from the most reputable and biggest companies in the world, and are government regulated and have impeccable track records. These factories costs $10’s of millions of dollars to start, and take production very seriously. Also as mentioned, heavy metal contamination is not really an issue if you know how these fertilizers are products, and there is continuous testing all along the way for contaminants. The Haber process for example literally gets Nitrogen from the atmosphere.
Anyways, for those concerned, we had another result produced last week from a 3rd party accredited lab that specializes in this, and the results are here and all passing with flying colors.
1684213620644.png

If you don’t know how to read these, here is how it works. Mega Crop has 7% P2O5, and for every 1% the acceptable limits are as follows
1684213624357.png

So for example, acceptable Arsenic levels would be 13x7, = 91ppm. Mega Crop had 0.3ppm, which is 300x below. Mercury was essentially below detection limits, and Lead was 0.062ppm, acceptable level would be 61x7 = 427. So Mega Crop levels was nearly 7000x below acceptable legal thresholds.
tl;dr dry Hydroponic/Synthetic nutrients in general are a low risk for metal contamination, we ran another test at 3rd party lab last week and results again confirm this to be the case.

Ca++

So is the new MC still plagued with issues? What about the two part?
I lost interest in the single part, because of this stock solution conversation.
The two part, as per their website, is not just the single part separated. It has 8% more K than N. Which isn't a great gap, if you don't intend to mod it further. Comments here also say the kelp and chitosan are missing.
It's been quite a read, but IIRC, it's not just this calcium gunk in tanks, but also a black gunk in lines spoke of. Perhaps the two part has no black stuff. I'm not buying some, just to see. It's a question that might get answered though.

5-12-26 in the part A
5-12-26 in Jacks Classic
4-18-38 in MB

We know the 1:1 mix ratio given for this, isn't followed by uses of Jacks. A product I'm struggling to separate in simple NGK terms (oops) but we know the Mg is in this, not jacks. So it wouldn't be a 3-2-1 or whatever. I would really need to read another of bills other threads to carry on here, as I'm a bottles guy, not salts
Perhaps this thread: https://www.icmag.com/threads/cheap-nutrient-line-for-commercial-and-home-grows.377753/

Ultimately, despite looking a few times over the last few years, the website here in the EU, never has any. So the conversation is mute. I can't get any, and if I did, would I get anymore. Jack's isn't here either.
I'm not so adverse to the N levels as most. The MB's 1-2-7 elemental, is just mental, to me.

I shall probably find a way to stir ionic. It's V&B but just a bottle at a time. Low on Mg, but not problematic. It's off topic, but people were talking of stocks that work. It's issue for dosing, is the humic content seems to gather on the stock circulation pump. Almost encapsulating it. Yet nothing else. I don't use injectors though, I dose a tank with peristaltic's, that a 1 bar drip system runs from.

WingzHauser

Plenty o sand in The Meg Crop. This stupid calcium trend is ruining cannabis brands left and right. Look at all the K they put in trying to offset the CaCa. 9-6-17 plus a bag of high K kelp

btw, we just released an updated 2-Part A product, this addresses any of the solubility or buildup issues for high concentration systems. Here is the label with relevant specs, its an improvement over the 5-12-26 formula

1692208144076.png

Latest posts

Latest posts