What's new

Green Mountain Seeds distribution agreement with ACE Seeds

vermontman

I went back and selected a couple pictures to get up to date on the Fem Purple Satellite grow.

Here's my location info.
Right on the 42° parallel - 810' elev.
Been 5b all my life, just made 6a
Hot Summer - Humid Continental Dfa:Koppen
Lake affect off Lake Michigan- micro climate
East - West grow facing South
6-7 hot days over 100°
27d 90°- 100°
92 days above 80°
33 days above 90°
June 20th most daylight 15:16:16

Put her to soak on April 15th. Planted with tail on the 17th in straight HP.
Popped above ground on 4/20.

Transplanted @ 3 weeks into 1/2gal straight HP with added xtreme mycos

May 16th
I let the kids experience their first rain 🌧
I gave them a weak tea before hand
Biobizz fish, vermicompost and molasses

May 19th Frigging 87° 🌡 🥵
Gave everything a Fim that was 4 weeks old. ✂️
Put them in the shade

May 30th. Fed them a tea with silica, kelp, molasses, fish emulsion and sea90

May 31st
Planted Purple Satellite in a 30gal
container. Living soil
Lots of mycos and extra perlite
A couple marigolds and 8 worms🪱

June 6th I topped her because I was shy on the fim and it didn't take. ✂️

June 24
Started training lst into a bush
And that catches us up.
Hello @moose/MI!
WOW! Thank you so much for your very in depth log grow out with all the updates! I really do appreciate that!
And you lady is looking rather happy!
Please keep us informed on your P. Satellite as the season progresses. I am wondering if you will get the very pink pistils and solid cherry fragrance that come along with the regular Purple satellite ladies.
CHEERS@

moose/MI

Hello @moose/MI!
WOW! Thank you so much for your very in depth log grow out with all the updates! I really do appreciate that!
And you lady is looking rather happy!
Please keep us informed on your P. Satellite as the season progresses. I am wondering if you will get the very pink pistils and solid cherry fragrance that come along with the regular Purple satellite ladies.
CHEERS@
Thank you
Very pink pistils and solid cherry 🍒 fragrance would have me over the moon!

vermontman

Hours Later!?
I was going to share a smoke session of my Highland Nepalese Grape x Blue Thai 💙. I was going to share my considerable surprise and joy of a thought that worked beyond expectations.

A male Nepalese Grape crossed to a beautiful Blueberry Thai Skunk female. Basically trimmed each bud to what I prefer, with some sugar leaves left as shock absorbers during the jar cure. I did this while the plant was still in the grow bag until it had consumed the chlorophyll over two months time without any cares.

A blackout system would be very nice for greenhouse curing.. I had forgotten this plant as winter had long set in. When I remembered this female in January. I brought her inside and separated the buds into 1/2 gallon jars for further drying, curing.

I couldn't help but notice the green was diminished to a nostalgic reminder of Acapulco Gold from pictures in High Times Magazine. With a quality that surpasses traditional bag appeal appearances.
With bellowing clouds of Vapor Brothers vaporizer goodness!
Peace farmerlion

@vermontman, the Berry inhale combined with a delicious Menthol exhale is my favorite 8 month cured stash I have.
Exceptional Smoke!
View attachment 19024282 View attachment 19024283 View attachment 19024284 View attachment 19024285
Hello @farmerlion!
Great to see you again, sorry I missed this post and man thank you for your terrific write up and smoke report on your grow experience. Complete with awesome bud shots. And who would'nt love to get some Alcapulco gold or any resemblance of how that terrifically unadulterated cannabis used to be.
So double cheers to you for sharing!!
Thanks buddy!

Last edited:
2.5 month old cute GMG. She seems to like being in this raspberry bush.

full

Since a few days, she's showing female preflowers. Great, because i don't have enough room for breeding projects.

Edit : i have this smaller one too, topped a few weeks ago by some caterpilar. No sex declared yet.

full

vermontman

2.5 month old cute GMG. She seems to like being in this raspberry bush.

full

Since a few days, she's showing female preflowers. Great, because i don't have enough room for breeding projects.

Edit : i have this smaller one too, topped a few weeks ago by some caterpilar. No sex declared yet.

full
Hello @Onuma Sativa!
Looks like you are off to a terrific start there for some bushes of Grape goodness. And the caterpillar could not have done a better job of providing you with many more bud sites. Now would be a good time to top the first one, also to get more main bud sites, just about time before the start pushing flowers which on the Green Mountain Grape starts very soon. Just a thought.
Thank you for contributing! And please keep us posted!

The Baphomet

Veteran
First time running green mountain seeds ..
location is upstate NY , southern exposure. I’m in a micro climate in a river valley we get very hot summers and intense sunshine ☀️.
All grown organic in 50 gallon fabric pots in a high quality soil mix. Feeding with compost and worm teas .

mountain gold first picture
Zacatecas tribute second pic
Green mountain grape last pic
Last pic is a batch of jadam microbial solution. This microbial solution is very easy to make I give it to every thing I have going on my property.
IMG_5113.jpeg
IMG_5112.jpeg
IMG_5100.jpeg
IMG_5080.jpeg

Last edited:

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
location is upstate NY , southern exposure. I’m in a micro climate in a river valley we get very hot summers and intense sunshine ☀️.
All grown organic in 50 gallon fabric pots in a high quality soil mix. Feeding with compost and worm teas .

Last pic is a batch of jadam microbial solution. This microbial solution is very easy to make I give it to every thing I have going on my property.
You’re gonna have some happy plants they already are

vermontman

Hello @Baphomet!
Firstly your plants are looking showered with love. My strains love the organics and I know they will all do terrific in your climate, but I think the Mountain Gold will really shine with the heat there, she is slightly a longer flowering lady. Thank you for sharing and please keep us posted!
Happy gardening!

Hello @Onuma Sativa!
Looks like you are off to a terrific start there for some bushes of Grape goodness. And the caterpillar could not have done a better job of providing you with many more bud sites. Now would be a good time to top the first one, also to get more main bud sites, just about time before the start pushing flowers which on the Green Mountain Grape starts very soon. Just a thought.
Thank you for contributing! And please keep us posted!
During this evening visit to the plants, i've wondered if a topping would be beneficial. I'll probably take your advice, thanks !
And the smells i get from rubbing stems and petioles are already mouthwateringly fruity !

moose/MI

I decided to put the wires back on my Green Mountain Grape this morning.

Trying to redirect the auxins, open her up and create a more globe shape to help break up the more recognizable shape. 🌳 Urban Camo

In my notes Vermontman mentioned July 7th ... for my latitude (42N°) as being around the last time to do any topping on GMG.
Wondering if you would recommend tipping all the ends again at this point?
Or does it look good?

I've got this clone that I made for practise more than having room for it.
But it's looking so nice. Going off the topping/ timing I'm thinking I could up pot it and still get something? 🤔

Attachments

• 20240630_090750~2.jpg
    20240630_090750~2.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 19
  • 20240630_091939~2.jpg
    20240630_091939~2.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 19