What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Green Mountain Seeds distribution agreement with ACE Seeds

jroadytoady

@sgka my OCD is loving how nice and tidy your grow is, well done!

And your ladies are looking great :canabis:

Here's mine which turn 5 weeks tomorrow - a bit unruly but I kinda got a thing for the wild ones ;)

I did give them some coconut water and aloe this week and a teaspoon of malted barely powder as top dress plus topped up the mulch. These worms eat fast!

Attachments

• 20240321_152617.jpg
    20240321_152617.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 140
  • 20240321_152515.jpg
    20240321_152515.jpg
    5.7 MB · Views: 143

vermontman

@sgka my OCD is loving how nice and tidy your grow is, well done!

And your ladies are looking great :canabis:

Here's mine which turn 5 weeks tomorrow - a bit unruly but I kinda got a thing for the wild ones ;)

I did give them some coconut water and aloe this week and a teaspoon of malted barely powder as top dress plus topped up the mulch. These worms eat fast!
DAMMNNNNN!
You guys are killing it!!!
The frost already!

vermontman

AWESOME!
I tried to tie both post together but did not work out that way.
That being said all so impressive! Looking back over the past years posts, man we have come a long way over the years here and all of you been very inspiring for me. I know I'm repeating myself.
But thank you all!!!

jroadytoady

Looking back over the past years posts, man we have come a long way over the years here and all of you been very inspiring for me.

Awesome genetics and 'standing on the shoulders of giants' - thank you @vermontman

Green Mountain Seeds = Grown With Gratitude

What I really love about this community is how everyone freely shares information that enables us to quickly get up to speed.

vermontman

Awesome genetics and 'standing on the shoulders of giants' - thank you @vermontman

Green Mountain Seeds = Grown With Gratitude

What I really love about this community is how everyone freely shares information that enables us to quickly get up to speed.
Thank you JT and you are most welcome!
Again I am inspired to pop some Mountain Gold when I get back up north in about a month.
By the way I really like the look of the plant in the front right part of your garden.

jroadytoady

That was really cool to hear you'll be running MG this year too @vermontman hope you get some yummy bubble gum too!

Good eye as well - that's one of the 3 Durban Poisons keeping the MG conpany... I usually try keeping them out of pictures.

As you can see, 3 completely different phenos. Tall, medium, and short. All same age as the MG. The short and medium have some pistols turning brown... but not the biggie which has extremely long and thick ones.

Attachments

• 20240323_085549.jpg
    20240323_085549.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 98
  • 20240323_085449.jpg
    20240323_085449.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 92
  • 20240323_085411.jpg
    20240323_085411.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 89
  • 20240323_085342.jpg
    20240323_085342.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 98

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
This a great day not to be up north...ice storm and 2 inches of heavy compacted sleet on the driveway. I guess Old Man Winter isn't done with us yet...

My Mountain Golds are chugging along in their Solo cups. I will up pot in a week or so. Meanwhile I'm finishing up two Cryptic Oaxacans that I had been keeping for a couple of months and pruning back constantly so they are now well behaved little bushes. Next to them are two spindly Oaxacans from the same line, but they are a pearly pheno. The bushy ones are a very incense type plant with excellent high. I've been keeping cuttings for a year. The sparse ones are just plain fun even with very little yield.

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
That's alright, you can keep the 18 inches, hehe...

OK, so the Old Silver Sides is I believe yet another phenotype of the Cryptic Labs Oaxacan line. I think that one might be even more like the Dr Grinspoon, but I am not 100% sure. I get a bit confused...but yes, these seeds came from Upstate and Deeez99 on that other forum. I'll tell you, we are living in the Golden Age of cannabis!

jroadytoady

That's alright, you can keep the 18 inches, hehe...

OK, so the Old Silver Sides is I believe yet another phenotype of the Cryptic Labs Oaxacan line. I think that one might be even more like the Dr. Grinspoon, but I am not 100% sure. I get a bit confused...but yes, these seeds came from Upstate and Deeez99 on that other forum. I'll tell you, we are living in the Golden Age of cannabis!

Gotcha @TexasTea - it's definitely a lot to take in so I'm right there with ya being a bit confused but learning every day.

And absolutely, this is the golden age for sure... with the main 'problem' being so little time and space to grow everything you want. 'Golden Age Problems' :ROFLMAO:

I'd really like to try my Purple Satellite seeds here (outdoors) at 36deg N, mostly to breed with DJ's Flo and Ace's Oaxaca x Panama.

Can't start these indoors where I'm at. How early in the year do you think I could germinate the PS and avoid having them go into flowering prematurely at my (relatively) low latitude? Thank you, Vermontman!

vermontman

I'd really like to try my Purple Satellite seeds here (outdoors) at 36deg N, mostly to breed with DJ's Flo and Ace's Oaxaca x Panama.

Can't start these indoors where I'm at. How early in the year do you think I could germinate the PS and avoid having them go into flowering prematurely at my (relatively) low latitude? Thank you, Vermontman!
You should be able to start them as long as the soil is amenable outside. Bit remember there are a lot of variables setting seed straight out, none of which you can blame on the strains.
Hope that helps!

I'll have 14.22 hrs daylight when I start the seeds in solo cups (about May 28th), and then plant the seedlings out a couple of weeks after that. I was a bit concerned that there might be a problem keeping them going forward in veg, as I recall you saying that they tend to flower at 15 hrs.

Good to hear that probably won't happen. Thanks again, looking forward to playing with this.

vermontman

I'll have 14.22 hrs daylight when I start the seeds in solo cups (about May 28th), and then plant the seedlings out a couple of weeks after that. I was a bit concerned that there might be a problem keeping them going forward in veg, as I recall you saying that they tend to flower at 15 hrs.

Good to hear that probably won't happen. Thanks again, looking forward to playing with this.
Hello @Flacido Domingo!
If that is your Spring seed starting time at 36N your daily hours must surely increase from there in Spring? Seedlings need a bit more time to mature, so my thought is you should be just fine.

Zobi

Hello @vermontman and all the board :wave: !

I hope you're at your best :) !

I've made up my mind about the lines you share. I will get them through ACE soon (I just wait close to 20 of April to see if they propose some sales, because like many I've lots of dreams but just enough money to pay the day-to-day costs and nothing more, but anyway : fortunately, happiness and dreams are still free).

I will choose Zacateca Tribute, and Purple Satellite.
All your lines look stellar with heaven-lineage, but with very limited money and opportunities to maybe someday give them a chance, choices have to be made, unfortunately...

I've also took in account a very limiting factor in my strategy to complete my "beans of my dream's collection" :

- everything I collect (except Purple Satellite, maybe, hehe 😇 ) will be vacuum-sealed dry and carefully stored into a fridge for many years, I don't know how long. I can't compromise my security and my family.
- so my strategy is to add a fresh 10 pack of each lines I'm dreaming about to my collection every year or so, to maximise my chances that some sprout if someday it can be done with no insecurities involved.

Regarding that, I would like to know if you plan to do new seeds batch in the years to come, and keep sharing them like you already do?

I really don't want to miss your lines... But if I can collect them yearly or so, with fresh beans, it's better for me :) . I know you will understand.

Thank you again for the wonderful vibe you transmit, all best to you and your beloved ones. :angelshug:

And high-five to the whole community :wtf:

All best, mate!

Zobi

Yep just like everywhere I'll have @ a month before the solstice - I start them late so they won't get too big on me (it's guerrilla). I'm hoping they'll get big enough, with the stretch, to make me happy and provide plenty of pollen.

However... since they commence flowering so early maybe I should get an earlier start so I don't end up with 18" sticks. Here at 36N I'm guessing flowering will kick in around, July 1st??

Yeah, better germinate earlier - not used to such an early strain like this. Would you agree?

vermontman

Hello @vermontman and all the board :wave: !

I hope you're at your best :) !

I've made up my mind about the lines you share. I will get them through ACE soon (I just wait close to 20 of April to see if they propose some sales, because like many I've lots of dreams but just enough money to pay the day-to-day costs and nothing more, but anyway : fortunately, happiness and dreams are still free).

I will choose Zacateca Tribute, and Purple Satellite.
All your lines look stellar with heaven-lineage, but with very limited money and opportunities to maybe someday give them a chance, choices have to be made, unfortunately...

I've also took in account a very limiting factor in my strategy to complete my "beans of my dream's collection" :

- everything I collect (except Purple Satellite, maybe, hehe 😇 ) will be vacuum-sealed dry and carefully stored into a fridge for many years, I don't know how long. I can't compromise my security and my family.
- so my strategy is to add a fresh 10 pack of each lines I'm dreaming about to my collection every year or so, to maximise my chances that some sprout if someday it can be done with no insecurities involved.

Regarding that, I would like to know if you plan to do new seeds batch in the years to come, and keep sharing them like you already do?

I really don't want to miss your lines... But if I can collect them yearly or so, with fresh beans, it's better for me :) . I know you will understand.

Thank you again for the wonderful vibe you transmit, all best to you and your beloved ones. :angelshug:

And high-five to the whole community :wtf:

All best, mate!

Zobi
Hello @Zobi!
Thank you for joining us here! You come across with great energy, always welcome here!
And thank you for your kind words.
I hope all your dreams will be fulfilled