What's new

Green Mountain Seeds distribution agreement with ACE Seeds

RobFromTX

Zacateca. Green pheno after nice cure. Very sweet green apple smell has developed

Attachments

• IMG_20231020_171040627.jpg
    IMG_20231020_171040627.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 106

spoores

A5 X PS seeded this year with NH
latitude 50 , you have to understand that A5 would never have produced a pistil here ;)
Day of the guillotine, no male flower found, it should be known that it is a cutting taken from a mother plant which had shown signs of hermis at the end of cycle 11 12 indoors, hydroponic culture, stressed as it should be, the test here seems satisfactory to me.
To complete the circle ;) the best of (A5 X PS)x NH will be mounted again with PS, I think of using one of my F2 oriented on the Nepalese side of the cross to reduce the flo time and bring the organoleptic envelope on the strawberry side.
I found some beautiful strawberries with the F2s, one of which was bred at the time with a pineapple field pheno haze male. I could hope to find a male with a strawberry scent stem, strawberry gum.
I've been working with the Vermontman PS tool for over 3 years now, and it can now help me to reduce the flo time on certain individuals, especially those over 100 days old like Haze. On more modern hybrids, it won't always reduce the time depending on the individual, and I think PS is more effective with landrace varieties with long flo. View attachment 18907481 View attachment 18907482 View attachment 18907483 View attachment 18907484
Yea pretty good idea :)
Im on similar start, my gmg x zamaldelica pheno for outdoor sativa ,serious as hell of course😃 gmg popped 11/12 seeds pack within 3days great start

Attachments

• 20231020_090054.jpg
    20231020_090054.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 48
Last edited:

befa

Yea pretty good idea :)
Im on similar start, my gmg x zamaldelica pheno for outdoor sativa ,serious as hell of course😃 gmg popped 11/12 seeds pack within 3days great start
Well done friend, I'd like to know what your zamal x malawi/thai smells like on the plant, in the finished product, and if it gives off a certain heaviness even if it's cut young?
Good work ;)

spoores

Well done friend, I'd like to know what your zamal x malawi/thai smells like on the plant, in the finished product, and if it gives off a certain heaviness even if it's cut young?
Good work ;)
im testing it ,.must wait for cuts indoors haha., its uplifting so early chopped, no heaviness so, after half flowering .'smells incredible good acid carrot and a.bit of that mango . Its not type of plant which starts to smell shitty after fertilizing ...unless you have a real shit as a fetrilizer lol

Info here, feel free to click, )

Last edited:

vermontman

Isabania? Where is that?
I just started Malawis and will add Angola Red and ???
May I ask how you check the stretch in such tropical sativas?
How long from seed before you switch? And I read contradicting info about light intensity until they form buds?

By the way
I just harvested the Zacatecas Tribute on Oct 15th on lat 48 in Austria.
It was a shabby plant - with four beautiful buds and intense aromas.

View attachment 18905780

I am so curious how the smoke will turn out!
Sorry for delay I have been traveling. It's Isibania, the description says it's an East African border town. I spend part time in the subtropics, here a day length will go down to 10.5 hours When I start seeds I just put them straight out in pots. Also I keep them in smaller quart pots, then gallon till they are well into flower then I up pot them into 2 gallon pots, so they can fill out. the stretchiest Africans I grew were 3 feet tall then done. I also select out the shortest chunky plants for breeding. Many of Mulanje now stay pretty short. Oh Light intensity, always give as much as they can take and look healthy. Remember where the come from.
Great plants and grows all above! It's nice to see my straight lines as well as everyone's breeding projects!
CHEERS ALL!

Last edited:

vermontman

@vermontman do you by any chance plan to do a repro of the pineapple banana bud? I really liked this strain despite the shortcomings
Hey @RobFromTX!
No I don't think I will redo Pineapple Banana Bud. But I did make seed of my best Oaxacan Gold green line clone and I crossed her with Mulanje Gold. I have been itching to pop some of those beans in a trial. That being said the PBB can be easily line bred into what would become a stable line pretty quickly. Because as with most all my work they are primary crosses.

outsidegrower

Premium user
Veteran
Purple Satellite clone grown outdoor in our veggi garden with lots of love. Our minnesota climate can be harsh but she thrived! She smells like pine, lime, hint of freshly tilled soil and something else I cant put my finger on. The high is very strong and breeder description is accurate. The bud quality is excellent and a wonderful smoke! I've now grown her 3 different ways. Indoor soil led, outdoor veggi garden and guerrila style with minimal care. Solid plant all round.

Attachments

• 20231023_070930.jpg
    20231023_070930.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 103
  • 20231023_070925.jpg
    20231023_070925.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 112

vermontman

Purple Satellite clone grown outdoor in our veggi garden with lots of love. Our minnesota climate can be harsh but she thrived! She smells like pine, lime, hint of freshly tilled soil and something else I cant put my finger on. The high is very strong and breeder description is accurate. The bud quality is excellent and a wonderful smoke! I've now grown her 3 different ways. Indoor soil led, outdoor veggi garden and guerrila style with minimal care. Solid plant all round.
Hello @outsidegrower
Thank you for all of your input looks like you pulled off a great harvest. I always appreciate posts, especially on different grow styles, it helps me to learn more about the parameters of my strains beyond the ways I grow as well as it helping others.
Cheers!

outsidegrower

Premium user
Veteran
Hello @outsidegrower
Thank you for all of your input looks like you pulled off a great harvest. I always appreciate posts, especially on different grow styles, it helps me to learn more about the parameters of my strains beyond the ways I grow as well as it helping others.
Cheers!
Here's the guerilla grow. I planted a seedling mothers day with some slow release fertilizer. Record drought year, army worms, and corn boar. No pesticides used. I only watered enough to keep her alive. Beat the hell out of it and still got a half gallon of bud. Its not pretty looking but it was dried and cure correctly. Smells like fresh compost and some pine. Smokes like a fine Cuban cigar. Very potent but more relaxed and mind clearing than the well taken care of clone. I've enjoyed all the PS plants I've grown, even this one. This one really reminds of the best Mexican brick back in the day but way better.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231023-152537_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20231023-152537_Gallery.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 122
  • 20231023_152456.jpg
    20231023_152456.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 122
  • Screenshot_20231023-152333_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20231023-152333_Gallery.jpg
    535.7 KB · Views: 113
  • Screenshot_20231023-152328_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20231023-152328_Gallery.jpg
    1,013.3 KB · Views: 108
  • Screenshot_20231023-152324_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20231023-152324_Gallery.jpg
    973.4 KB · Views: 107
  • Screenshot_20231023-152319_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20231023-152319_Gallery.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 115
  • Screenshot_20231023-152316_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20231023-152316_Gallery.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 117
  • Screenshot_20231023-152312_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20231023-152312_Gallery.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 122

vermontman

Here's the guerilla grow. I planted a seedling mothers day with some slow release fertilizer. Record drought year, army worms, and corn boar. No pesticides used. I only watered enough to keep her alive. Beat the hell out of it and still got a half gallon of bud. Its not pretty looking but it was dried and cure correctly. Smells like fresh compost and some pine. Smokes like a fine Cuban cigar. Very potent but more relaxed and mind clearing than the well taken care of clone. I've enjoyed all the PS plants I've grown, even this one. This one really reminds of the best Mexican brick back in the day but way better.
Man that is cool!
Your pics and your grow story remind me of before all this wedding cake come f me girl scout poodly doo shit came out when people just got into really getting high! Especially your last pic of buds, that reminds me of the loose Thai I would get back in the late seventies and no one could tell me now they get higher! Sure now you might get more stoned, but higher is better it's been my focus as a vintage breeder, to not forget where it all began and I get it it's all speculative but damn the most important thing in my estimation is seeing people happier, and if my work in my strains can pull that off, than that's what I hope to see.
Thank you so much for your Post.
PS: I put love into all my work and my reward is seeing people in pleasure, as you seem to me to have displayed so
Thank you again so much for that and sharing!
CHEERS!

Last edited:

befa

Hey @befa!
That's looking like some crazy purple Haze!
Hey vermontman !
This one is pure caffeine, it smells like a red fruit mist, cherry pez (chemical candy) slightly metallic with that really light piss cat smell in the background.
I'm still impressed by the flo cycle reduction time that P.S. caused on A5, great work Vermontman, but I think everyone here will agree on that ;)
I marry them with a pheno with thinner leaf N.H ( I have nothing else better at the moment to do better and that remains in my project ), I just want to bring Haze genes in addition , choose the best for me and then redilute the whole with my best P.S F2 males oriented on the Nepalese side of the cross with dominant odors of strawberry gum , as I have already mentioned above.
The aim would be to stay on flo times less than or equal to 70 days, although I still think that's a long time.
I'm hopeful, because some F2s have literally finished in 38 days indoors.
Some of the males were extremely precocious too, but I know I still have a lot of work to do to finalize this cross for our 50-latitude exteriors.

EnjoyingLife

Are these buds from the veg garden, indoor or guerilla?

Birmaan

Six Zacatecas Tribute
20231025_161217.jpg
20231025_161221.jpg
20231025_161225.jpg

These are cuttings in selection, so there may also be males, unfortunately horrendous differences in size and they did not tolerate the repotting from the greenhouse into the tent so well. But they have recovered well in the meantime and are definitely feeling better.

I'll probably top the larger specimens and switch to 12/12 soon. They are in Living soil under Sanlight LEDs :)

Greetings from the Alps

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts