What's new

Green Dragon (194 proof)

So in my state you can't really buy super high proof alcohol, but i am back in my native land in Europe and i am bringing back some 97% (194 proof) shit and I want to make "green dragon"

I am just bringing back a small 250ml bottle and wanted to put an eight into it to see what it does after sitting for a month.

Anyone done this? Dosage? Should i just smoke the damn stuff?

Should i chug the entire thing?! :woohoo:

follow the directions for how to make proper tincture, especially if you've got access to strong alcohol. cold extraction methods don't make as strong of a product as heat extractions. i just made some last night for the first time and i had pretty good results. as a good 'ole "heavy smoker" i was skeptical, but it all worked out and was super simple!

i believe the ratio is 1/8 (3.5g) of good bud to 2oz of 151 or stronger alcohol. decarboxylate your bud by breaking it up and heating in the oven at 325* for 5min. combine prepared bud with alcohol in a glass placed (double boil method) in a pot of simmering water (175-200*F) for 20-30min to reduce liquid. strain and cool and store and enjoy. dosage is 1ml or 1/4tsp.

i made mine with 1/2oz of premium bud and 8oz of 151 everclear. added about 1" of spent vanilla bean (from our sugar jar) while it was reducing. made about 6 oz or so. next time i'll turn down the oven for the decarboxylation part because i think i slightly toasted it too much (350*-5min) and gave it a "burnt" smell/taste. still potent as shit though. i'm gonna experiment with adding things like a tad of honey to take the edge off, maybe a citrus rind, extracts, etc.

this morning i experimented with 1/4 teaspoon because i didn't have an eyedropper to measure out 1mL, so 1/4 tsp is close enough. i think with the batch i made i could handle twice the dosage, but i still got messed up and haven't smoked anything yet today - was kinda like eating a ganja cookie.

good luck!

SouthernGuerila

Gotta Smoke 'Em All!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
He's basically using pure alcohol, no reduction is needed.

Some folks do quick washes while others let theirs sit for awhile. Different strokes for different folks.

Experiment. I'd probably put 1/4th ounce(or more) of high quality herb in 250ml of 97% alcohol.

Also I'd suggest cutting your 97% alcohol by adding about 100 to 150ml water to it after you've washed your bud.

The pure alcohol will burn/dry out your mouth.

cravin morehead

Veteran
high on pottery- i add lemon or orange extracts. the pure is what you want.when doing small batches, like an 1/8, i'll use 2 bottles( 1oz each ). the pure extracts i got are 79% alcohol. tastes great too. lemon flavored in a beer or cola is great. i know i got to this a little late but just wanted to share it.:headbange

Ipsissimus

next time i'll turn down the oven for the decarboxylation part because i think i slightly toasted it too much (350*-5min) and gave it a "burnt" smell/taste.

uh kind of like vaped weed? :yoinks: try 250 next time. stay below 300F!! unlike baked goods, you don't have moisture to buffer the temperatures.