What's new

Grandpa’s Sativa Grow

GrandpaMillenial

Are they far enough along that the hermied seed will be immature at harvest?

Read the entire thread...it's a dream grow! Many years ago, Clips gifted a tester bud of flo and a flo cross that got my attention. It really did feel like 'being in the flo' of all good things in life. I liked it way more than blueberry.

So, is that squirrel tail thai a 'juicy fruit' type flavor/aroma?

Nannymouse,
The grow was at 79 days of flowering, I chopped the panamas and they are hanging. All seeds looked green. I am not looking to breed with a herm. The panama had a lot of traits that I liked, though. I handed out clones so I will be evaluating the clones and see if it was my environment or a consistent problem.

The thai is very much a ripe mango flavor, I will just shorten my days and aim for an early harvest. I am seeing some swollen calyx in a few spots, my panama girls where right next to my fans…

I definitely want to find a thai-side male from dj short, I definitely want to look through Flo, F13, or Blueberry, maybe even Dj’s blue V2.

I am going to reveg this thai, and reach out to my friends that are growing her outside. I should be able to find one that hasn’t even entered flowering yet.

GrandpaMillenial

That's a bummer but if you end up with seeds everywhere from a couple of small nanners then wow that's one super stud of a ladyboy. Probably won't be the case. Maybe a seed here and there.

Still, either chop now or keep your eyes open and some tweezers nearby...

I chopped the panamas, Im going to spread out the thai branches and try to just let her finish gracefully, Ill be reducing the light period to encourage a quicker finish.

I think your right about the seeds , their will be a few here and there, nothing to crazy, the panamas seemed to have self fertilized with a little spill over on to the thais. I’ll post new pics of the thais after i re-tie all my branches.

blondie

Save those seeds!! I ran a Cali connect Gsc that was mildly herm. Perfect plant in my opinion. I had a small bag of female seeds I would grow from. If a nanner sprouted so be it. If you had a nanner and will get a handful of thai-Panama cross that are females... good for you. Panama I don’t think is known to be herm. Hopefully it’s an environmental stress herm and the trait shouldn’t appear in the seeds. Not sure on this though so someone take me to school here if I’m off, I’m very interested in the correct knowledge.

GrandpaMillenial

Save those seeds!! I ran a Cali connect Gsc that was mildly herm. Perfect plant in my opinion. I had a small bag of female seeds I would grow from. If a nanner sprouted so be it. If you had a nanner and will get a handful of thai-Panama cross that are females... good for you. Panama I don’t think is known to be herm. Hopefully it’s an environmental stress herm and the trait shouldn’t appear in the seeds. Not sure on this though so someone take me to school here if I’m off, I’m very interested in the correct knowledge.

I’ll definitely save them. Not interested in the panama x panama, if i get some thai x panama herm, i’ll let you know.

Its definitely not a light leak as i have a shroud of bedsheets around my tent area. I’ll be checking out the clones. The panama where feminized seeds so might have an easier time herming.

GrandpaMillenial

Flo and thai
4C31D007-5837-4ACC-BAE2-2BAA5A98DAB5.jpeg
7DBC96C6-27A6-43C3-A27B-CF7D9AF7C610.jpeg

D129F266-7529-4169-B355-EB2B7C2E6E66.jpeg

4C31D007-5837-4ACC-BAE2-2BAA5A98DAB5.jpeg

Thai

99900601-E40D-4A86-9704-92DE8487706A.jpeg

0F7B21CC-14BC-4437-819D-D56A21AF4EE2.jpeg

AE17344C-49EB-47F1-87AF-1830A0870B14.jpeg

48DD3381-4C16-4349-9D58-385F80CEC6B9.jpeg

B36907B6-6161-4A05-9D6D-A12801588C24.jpeg

GrandpaMillenial

Im actually not seeing any seeds, i separated the buds i dusted with pollen and they are in different jars, but i don’t see much actual seeds, very bummed, i bet the panama might have a few but i’ll probably find em one at a time as i smoke them

GrandpaMillenial

Looking good! How's that Flo smelling at harvest?

Flo is coming down either tomorrow or saturday.

362DED05-C645-4076-A44E-B7B36E25CB7A.jpeg

I went ahead and popped them kwazulu x blueberry, ill start a new thread for them since i know you have the kwazulu x flo.

So far, I had 100% germination.

59599F3A-D6D2-4CB1-AF6C-956712B62328.jpeg

I smoked some of the flo that was harvested earlier and its an uplifting motivational high. She doesn’t have a real stong smell, maybe slight incense/sandalwood, hardly tell she’s related to blueberry. She just needed some time in veg to put out some actual buds.

GrandpaMillenial

Nice grow despite the hermie issues @GrandpaMillenial
Now what we are all waiting for - do you have a smoke report of the Squirrel Tail for us? :)

I do,

The first time i smoked her, she took a minute to kick in. I was sitting on the couch watching old looney tunes, i didnt feel high right away, but started observing that colors in the cartoons seemed more vivid and bright, I also started getting a bit of an audio echo, then my fiancée and I went to get halloween costumes, meanwhile the high is actually starting to kick in. It started getting racy, a bit anxious, but not quite paranoid. I started losing all patience and did not want to be around people, I was sorta loosing it with my girl’s driving.

I let my jars age a bit and came back to it, it still seems to have audio/visual “enhancements” but no hallucinations. Its straight upper, the racyness has mellowed but you don’t really want to smoke this before bed. The high itself lasts 2-2.5 hours. This is now my current goto bud, i’ll smoke this, and if i want something different or just a night cap, I grab some old bubble hash. It mixes really well with dj short Flo.

I have some buddies that love indicas and hybrids, they prefer the panama to the squirrel tail.

Recently, I smoked some with my 70 year old hippie dad. It has a slow onset, and then just climbs amd climbs taking you higher and higher. I gave some to my friends dad and he said he hasn’t had anything like that in a while.

I gave some to the dude at my grow shop, big Indica fan, he didnt like it, it was too much for him and he told me he went for a car ride just to calm himself down.

Its a very clear, up, little bit forgetful strong sativa.

I am growing more, I am making some crosses with Blueberry and Flo, and crossing a few different squirrel tails to try and create my own IBL of this stuff.

BTW, none of the pollen from 7east took, and only the panama stress-hermed, I have zero seeds in my thai.

IndicaFarmer

Beautiful colors on all your varieties. Man you must have thousand of those Cambodian seeds! That is a real dream! I am starting some Thai seeds from zomia too, got a Durban selected to cross with it, a real old school 16 weeker sativa, I guess. I am very stoked about it. one funny/interesting thing is that the mites and thrips do nothing to the Durban but devour my Oaxacans and others. Real hardy landrace coming from Africa. Also ordered some Congo Bha Bhai from KOS and would like to make some crosses with that. She only goes 70 days supposedly. We will see. I also tried to sprout all my Mangy Carrot And Kalite Tizane from French Touch. Got only 3 mutants out of like 15 seeds, but they look like they may outgrow it if slowly. Very precious genetics for me so I am babying them. I'd post photos, but I can't figure it out! God Speed!

GrandpaMillenial

Beautiful colors on all your varieties. Man you must have thousand of those Cambodian seeds! That is a real dream! I am starting some Thai seeds from zomia too, got a Durban selected to cross with it, a real old school 16 weeker sativa, I guess. I am very stoked about it. one funny/interesting thing is that the mites and thrips do nothing to the Durban but devour my Oaxacans and others. Real hardy landrace coming from Africa. Also ordered some Congo Bha Bhai from KOS and would like to make some crosses with that. She only goes 70 days supposedly. We will see. I also tried to sprout all my Mangy Carrot And Kalite Tizane from French Touch. Got only 3 mutants out of like 15 seeds, but they look like they may outgrow it if slowly. Very precious genetics for me so I am babying them. I'd post photos, but I can't figure it out! God Speed!

Hello IndicaFarmer,

I only have a few cambodian seeds as i haven’t planted any yet. my plans all got pushed back because Flo took her ver 2 months to reveg, I seriously thought i had lost her. Then she took a while to get branches long enough to clone.

well now i have some revegged and recloned Flo.

B80397A2-62E5-4754-BB9C-7EF1E6319E42.jpeg

I grew out some Blueberry and have selected a female, she is bigger that i hopped as Flo took way to long revegging. So i been schwazzing off the Fans to keep her from growing.

53BE5F71-9CEF-4DEE-98AB-58C0A666E4C3.jpeg

I grew out the rest of my squirrel tail, there was 2 distinct pheno, the shorter bushier, ended up all showing herms in pre flower, but i saved the girl from this grow, select d a stable male and found another female and i am in the middle of making seeds now. My cambodian run will start after my seed run.

It sounds like you have a nice selection of seeds to work with over there. I first experienced durban in earlt 00’s.

The zomia thais like a lot of calcium and magnesium, a little bit lower light levels and can take really high levels of humidity.

cant wait to see how it turns out for you.