What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Grafting Cannabis with a Cypress

Those trees don't even look real! Pretty cool though. I've seen those multi apple trees too and they are pretty amazing! The hops thing is interesting too but I bet they are not that fun to smoke.

Former Guest

Its a real tree. I got the image from NPR and read a story a while back which reminded me to hunt down this pic. I think it's in New York but could be wrong.

If someone made a thread about that, I'm sure it would get a ton of attention.

sbruftl

Those trees don't even look real! Pretty cool though. I've seen those multi apple trees too and they are pretty amazing! The hops thing is interesting too but I bet they are not that fun to smoke.

The tree is real it has 40 different graft on the same mother.
if you graft cannabis on hops, it won't change the flavour or the "funny-thing", but you have to make sure that the graft is well done.

As you can see, in my old post, hops and cannabis are practically identical, that's the reason why it's very easy! :)

Crusader Rabbit

Veteran

The tree is real it has 40 different graft on the same mother.
if you graft cannabis on hops, it won't change the flavour or the "funny-thing", but you have to make sure that the graft is well done.

As you can see, in my old post, hops and cannabis are practically identical, that's the reason why it's very easy! :)

I grew some hops. Fast growing long vines. I could see that if the hop leaves lost some tissue, allowing each main vein to become a leaflet, then it would be quite similar to cannabis. Many traits in common.. But hops grows back from it's root mass every spring, and non gmo cannabis, alas, dies after flowering. Hops does have a sedative calming effect.

Stinging nettles are genetically close and similar in structure to cannabis, as shown in your classification post. I think they were once grouped together.

Celtis_sinensis%3DChinese_Hackberry.jpg
800px-Celtis_sinensis%3DChinese_Hackberry.jpg

What a great idea for guerilla planting :)

Last edited:

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
I think the graft will have to be done just right, crown to crown. May grow may not, do it, cause why not.