What's new

Golden Tiger

Siever

Veteran
High @ all,
well i have 3 GT phenos this grow... Seeds from 2014...
1. Malawi looking GT... big pistols dark green and later looks like as on ACE Website... harvest 12 weeks
2. GT looking like the most Pic's here... Mix between Malawi & Thai 10 - 12 Weeks
3. Thai looking pheno light green lots of Hair pistols and later... need 14 weeks and more

if someone has a idea how they turn plz let me know! First time this GT. Thank you!

Malawi leaning pheno
View Image

Thai leaning pheno
View Image

Malawi & Thai Mix looking pheno
View Image

How many hours of light do you give in flower time?
I've grown Malawi & Zamaldelica which are supposed to have the same flowering time & have similar genetics.
Only some Malawi's were around 14 weeks. Some (mostly Zamaldelica) went to 16-18 weeks.
Is there a lot of difference between Malawi and Golden Tiger anyway?

Siever

MadMac

far beyond driven...
How many hours of light do you give in flower time?
I've grown Malawi & Zamaldelica which are supposed to have the same flowering time & have similar genetics.
Only some Malawi's were around 14 weeks. Some (mostly Zamaldelica) went to 16-18 weeks.
Is there a lot of difference between Malawi and Golden Tiger anyway?
Siever

Hi,
well with this Malawi & GT i did 6weeks 12/12 6weeks 11/13 and the rest 10.30/13.30...to finish them quicker... was a try...
GT has some thai influence & also the high is different... more psychedelic like a bit on LSD if you get a high dosage GT :biggrin:
Most GT(12-16weeks) flower also longer than Malawi(10-14weeks)... early Malawi is around 8-10 weeks... but smaller
I like booth but it depend on what day it is & what to do... if i have free time i enjoy Golden Tiger @ morning hehe and have a great day... if i have serious work i prefer not to smoke or a little Malawi just to get a kick hehe...
M.:tiphat:

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Just sending to the curing jars now, Golden Tiger taken after 17 weeks in flower. The top was cut 3 weeks earlier.

After I trimmed the buds of I had 2.2 ounce. The cola weighed 1.4, so 3.6 oz total for my jars.

I had very lightly dusted this early on with a Golden Tiger male, but it was too early and too little and I only found about a dozen nice ripe seeds.

The high? I rode my bike out to the lake for a few casts with my fishing rod and a few hits off a slim joint. It was a dangerous ride home. I felt like I was racing down s luge run.. My legs pumped like pistons.

This continues to be the only weed that still makes me feel fucked up a bit the next morning.

Hi Claude Hopper,

Thanks for sharing your harvested Golden Tiger :)

Driving under Golden Tiger effects is like being in a video game, dangerous stuff :D ehhehehe

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Golden Tiger thai pheno @ around 100 day's

this plant topped it all... longest flower biggest bud's and biggest yield so far... close to 200g... have some clones outdoors also in friends garden... these are trees... up to 3m and more!
:thank you: Ace for this great genetics!
M.:tiphat:

Hi MadMac,

Your GT has lots of thai influence, i'm glad it yielded so well indoors in your setup, i think you can let the colas ripe 2-3 weeks more, they will gain more weight and what is most important, they will become thicker, more resinous and even stronger ;)

Thanks for your feedback!

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
hey guys... here are a couple of pics of our ladies.. they were veg'd for 45day, n now have been in flower for 90days...

the seeds are GT fems from 2012 gifted to us from dubi (many thanks)... sorry for the $hitty quality of the pics... I am hoping we are better growers then we are photographers ...

they are 2m in height, in soil, under a 1k light... I'm thinking they have at least another 30-50days to go... nothing cloudy or amber yet... everything is clear...

Attachments

• IMG_1035.JPG
    IMG_1035.JPG
    31.8 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_1036.JPG
    IMG_1036.JPG
    27.4 KB · Views: 21

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks zach for the update, wish you find in this batch of seeds what you have been looking for in this line ;) How are the aromas and resin production at this time ?

Truchoxki

Hi Dubi! Nice work whit this Golden Tigers!! I just recently bought 2 pack of Golden Tiger Fem (10 seeds). Want to find thai pheno (double thai), How often its show this pheno in fem version? Looking for the energyc high but clean, something that only thai phenos can do...
I also want to try zamaldelicia thai pheno but its more dificult to find. Does I better try Standart or Fem version to find it?

Thanks!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome Truchoxki :)

Thanks for your support and kind words.

The Golden Tiger dominant thai phenos are quite frequent in latest GT fem releases, you will easily recognize them for taking longer to flower, produce bigger fluffier flowers and for having a more lemony type of aroma, also the smoke is much more active and clean than the Malawi dominant phenos, the Malawi phenos flower faster, producing denser resinous flower of deeper effect( a mix of psychedelia with narcosis).

As we have commented recently in the Zamaldelica thread about the more Zamal/Thai phenos, you will find them easier in some of the newer standard relelases but you must ask specifically for them:

If you are mainly looking for the most trippy and lysergic Zamaldelica phenos, then please feel free to pm me or email me, i have plenty of seeds from the older more Zamal/Thai influenced phenos, they are really very trippy and 'scary', they also have a very strong initial energetic rush, producing acceleration of mind process and thoughts, like taking too much coffee or other stimulants.

Truchoxki

Thanks Dubi! Do you think crossing this GT/thai and Zamal/thai phenos whit a green haze male would worth it in the searching of more thai dominant pheno? Or better try Destroyer/CBG male whit more Mao Thai influence?

I can't send you a PM, do you have any email?

Sorry for the off-toppic.

PD: do you speak spanish?? My english it's no so good...

jay sus

the 1 GT i have is more in the thai side in effect. but i would prefer more malawi side. even crossing with malawi to get that. but thai does wonderful thing to malawi in growth habit. makes tons of bud sites and wild branching.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks Dubi! Do you think crossing this GT/thai and Zamal/thai phenos whit a green haze male would worth it in the searching of more thai dominant pheno? Or better try Destroyer/CBG male whit more Mao Thai influence?

I can't send you a PM, do you have any email?

Sorry for the off-toppic.

PD: do you speak spanish?? My english it's no so good...

Hi Truchoxki,

I don't know what is your personal concept of 'finding a special thai', what kind of special thai traits are you looking for ?

Golden Tiger and Zamaldelica are strains with different personalities and desirable thai influence, but both strains share at least 2 same strains in their makeup.
Destroyer is also a super high quality sativa with great thai influence. There are great breeding possibilities trying different combinations between this 3 strains.

I was thinking to do some crosses at the end of the year between Green Haze and other nice sativas like Zamaldelica, Golden Tiger, etc ... but one seed reproduction that was quite prioritary has been delayed, so this new project with the Green Haze crosses will be delayed too.

Anyway, we have just released to 3 great Haze hybrids lately: Haze x Kali China, Panama Haze and Purple Haze x Malawi, and we have just finished recently a pure haze reproduction where the Green Haze was also reproduced in 'pure form', so i'm not much in rush to work with the Hazes again in close future. I'm lately working more in other new things.

Puedes enviarme emails en castellano a: [email protected]

Saludos!

Truchoxki

Hi dubi, here in south America, we usually work with sativas from paraguay, colombia and brazil. My father told me wonderfull high from Thai Stick in USA at the 80's.

What I'm looking for with Thai dominant pheno is a Lemony woody taste, clear and energic high and with a long lasting effect.

I wish I could work with other strains like Double THai, Thai stick, Super Thai, Voodoo, Chocolate Thai, Green Thai, Highland Thai, etc...

Thanks Dubi I will send you a mail.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
Thanks zach for the update, wish you find in this batch of seeds what you have been looking for in this line ;) How are the aromas and resin production at this time ?

hi dubi... sorry for lack of an update... the '2' ladies are now at 112days, and getting fat... I checked the progress under the scope, and n seeing 75% still clear, 20% cloudy, and 5% amber... so it would appear we still have a ways to go

I'm not good at smells, number 1 (with the fan leaves) has a fruity smell, while number 2 is fruity, with a touch of lemon.. as I said I got a lousy nose..

under the 1k lite, they appear to be almost drippin resin... by far both are the most resinous ladies we have ever grown...

I did sneak a bud from the bottom, and quick dried it in the oven... really a nice up-head, and it lasted about 2hrs, which sure says a lot...

here are the pic's... as u can see number 1 when we pick it will require almost no trimming, and number 2 just a wee bit...

I can't tell which parent they are leaning towards (thai or Malawi).. maybe u can ??

they are still pushing out white hairs, and mostly clear, so I'm thinking they have to go another 30 (maybe longer??) days...

I'm thinking weight wise after drying we should net out about 2.5oz's per plant...

Attachments

• IMG_4384.JPG
    IMG_4384.JPG
    33.9 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_4386.JPG
    IMG_4386.JPG
    36.3 KB · Views: 19

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
we are now at 125days of flowering, and still the majority are clear... BUT we need to move other plants into this room, which will now be the veg room... ie 24hrs lites on- so the question is if we leave the flowering plants in the room, but switch to 24hrs lights on , for maybe another 7-10days , is it going to "F"-up the plants??..

by all indications , still throwing out white hairs/etc, so these ladies need more time... but ran out of 12/12 time...

comments please..thanks

Attachments

• IMG_4384.JPG
    IMG_4384.JPG
    33.9 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_4386.JPG
    IMG_4386.JPG
    36.3 KB · Views: 25