What's new

Golden Tiger 3rd Thai Dominant version limited edition

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Harvested just shy of 16 weeks, temperatures were getting too warm at different times and delayed things, close to the light wanted to reflower and didn't quite mature on some but overall done, would do more of a flush next go around but smelling great, may make it all into hash, @dubi do you find they can make good hash or best as flowers?

View attachment 19035586 View attachment 19035585
Yeah @Limeygreen unless you have an indoor room with good air conditioning, indoor summer grows can get harder in some countries due to the high temperatures. This can induce stronger stretching and delay ripening in long-flowering sativas like this one. From afar, the flowers look ripe enough, but it's hard to tell from the pictures. If they are ripe, and being a Thai direct hybrid, it's better to use the flowers directly. However, you can try with a part of the harvest and see if the hash is to your liking.

Chungo

1000001236.jpg

These are a couple of GT 3.0 I have in 10 gal pots. I have mainlined/quaded to 8 tops since their June 1st planting. I plan on continuing with their aggresive tie down as I will move the under lights in 3-5 weeks when I chop down my KA5H's.

Attachments

• 20240723_102443.jpg
    20240723_102443.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 26

Limeygreen

Veteran
Most of the plant is ripe, just the upper portions especially towards the light aren't fully ripe and reflowering. Main test was using your advice from years ago dubi the adjust my fertilizer to lower N (cal nitrate in this case) and push up the bloom for high pk and increase ec. Worked well imo and have been using it forward, not ideal time to flower but she still did quite well despite the 30 plus degrees in there.

Put one outside hoping for a nice warm fall, will post up when in flower.

med-man

The TRUMP of SKUNK: making skunk loud again!
Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
These plants will grow some beautiful colas

Not sure about 16 weeks. Maybe 10 tops. We will see these were shocked to flower on the summer solstice

They have also been a bit burned by my black out tarp which has been fixed
20240725_191409.jpg
20240725_191413.jpg
20240725_191416.jpg
20240725_191419.jpg

There's a runt a medium pheno and a stretcher

Shua1991

Does the normal Golden Tiger or the third version have more "catty" phenos? And would you recommend regular or fem seeds in this case? (for growing & breeding)
As in catpiss? 🐈?
GT regs catpiss pheno
20220527_095919.jpg

I would suspect the more thai dominant the more likely you will find them, so fems IMO.

I found a few in regs seeds, I also found them in the offspring of Golden Tiger regs regardless of selecting for it.
20230417_124359 (1).jpg

This was a catpissnpheno I found in the regular seeds outcross, stays very cerebral/dreamy- even in hybrid form, a solid 2hr effect or more.

Food-Chemistry-–-The-Chemistry-of-Blackcurrants (1).png

Add some garden gypsum to you soil and your plant will have greater access to sulfur and calcium, sulfur contributes the most to thiol or more specifically- "Mercaptan" production, as catpiss is a thiol/mercaptan: a sulfur containing volatile compound like a terpene with funk.

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Does the normal Golden Tiger or the third version have more "catty" phenos? And would you recommend regular or fem seeds in this case? (for growing & breeding)

Welcome to this room @SkunkyCat cat piss smelling phenos can be recessively found in both normal Golden Tiger and third version, but needs decent populations to find them, since selected parent plants for Golden Tiger seed production have a bit more appealing terpene profiles. For cat piss look deep in herbal-lime sativas.

The Meao Thai with stronger influence in GT regular version was the Thai that easily produced cat piss-smelling hybrid offspring. Such phenotypes are easy to find in current Zamaldelica regular version, which mainly consists of F2-F3 open-pollinated non-fruity Zamal/Thai expressions of the strain.

Also Some Oaxaca 79 and its sativa hybrids comes to my mind. And of course, you can find them in pure Thai Chiang Mai, which was a big open pollination between almost 100 Thai Chiang Mai plants, and as the strain description describes, if you dig enough in the genetics, you can find almost every possible terpene profile and effects i've ever found in Thai sativas, cat piss included.

There are also jungle-burnt trash smelling tropicals, i found them in Cambodia and Thailand, no joke, usually in the lower range of quality.

Last edited: