What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

GN Zamal

Rory Borealis

Veteran
wish it was that simple but all my other 20 yr old seeds germinate fine with 70%.

i can keep seam cracked seeds moist in compost warm without mould or algae for 3 to 4 months. If they dont germ then they most likely dead.

I will try with some ga3 later today
Look into electroculture. Use low voltage batteries to shock them back into life(BEFORE you put them in water;)). CLEAR!! ⚡

exoticrobotic

Look into electroculture. Use low voltage batteries to shock them back into life(BEFORE you put them in water;)). CLEAR!! ⚡

I will try electrocuting them if they ignore the ga3 and tissue culture ⚡:lightning:

i have all the stuff to do some tissue culture with some ga3, i just have to write myself some step by step instructions and get it all together in one place :)

Currently in the gathering stage but i hope to get to it in the next few days.

I'm trying to figure out if i should remove the embryos from the shells or just crack them and at what stage i should do this.

After a hypochlorite sterile 10 min soak i'm going to soak for 24hrs 10 in 500ppm ga3, 10 in 250ppm then put 20 into tissue culture agar with Murashige and Skoog medium.

should i remove the shells? i am not sure.. i'm worried i'd destroy them by trying to remove the shells as the seeds are so tiny.

exoticrobotic

I have all the experience in the world germinating old seeds. These are beyond that. They need science.

A magnetic heater/stirrer is on the way to make the nutrient + agar solution
Screenshot 2024-06-10 at 18.23.51.png

Excellent for keeping coffee hot too :rasta:

elchischas

Veteran
I have all the experience in the world germinating old seeds. These are beyond that. They need science.
Probably you're right
I got a really interesting old collection that gave me a great old grower from California
There's Amazing lost genetics There
But hard to take a decision about to try to germinate them.
The technology for germinating old seeds is advancing very quickly so I thought it was better to save them and wait

exoticrobotic

Probably you're right
I got a really interesting old collection that gave me a great old grower from California
There's Amazing lost genetics There
But hard to take a decision about to try to germinate them.
The technology for germinating old seeds is advancing very quickly so I thought it was better to save them and wait

Get them sprouting!

Save a few for when science can extact dna etc.

Most of the current advanced techniques, tissue culture.. can be done at home on the kitchen stove

Last edited: