What's new

GG4 Monster Crop

PadawanWarrior

Yes indeed GG4 is still the best!

How many plants do you have? @PadawanWarrior
3 in the closet now. 2 are GG's and 1 Love Affair (Alien Rock Candy x GG4). I have another GG in a 5 gallon that's been revegged in my 2x4 that I'm reflowering just for fun. An Arctic Cookies that I just started spraying STS. A GG and Arctic Cookies that I plan to use the pollen on in another tent. And a GG and Arctic Cookies in another tent that are kinda like moms. And I got some cuts of Love Affair that I'm trying to root. If I can get some rooted I'll be pollinating the first one with the Arctic pollen as long as I get some. This is my first time trying to reverse a female so fingers crossed.

CocoNut 420

Good luck with reversing bud.

I'm going to S1 my favourites in the near future, I was researching silver nitrate last night with intentions of ordering it but got side tracked then fell asleep.

I don't know even the basics but I'll cross that bridge soon, it's all going to be fun.

PadawanWarrior

Good luck with reversing bud.

I'm going to S1 my favourites in the near future, I was researching silver nitrate last night with intentions of ordering it but got side tracked then fell asleep.

I don't know even the basics but I'll cross that bridge soon, it's all going to be fun.
Thanks. When you order the sodium thiosulfate order the anhydrous. I ordered the pentahydrate. It's fine too but I guess it doesn't last as long. And most recipes are listed with anhydrous.

Here's a good thread on here about it.

CocoNut 420

Thanks. When you order the sodium thiosulfate order the anhydrous. I ordered the pentahydrate. It's fine too but I guess it doesn't last as long. And most recipes are listed with anhydrous.

Here's a good thread on here about it.
Thanks bud, i wasn't aware, I'd already ordered pentahydrate a while back along with silver nitrate that didn't turn up fir some reason.

When I buy it in future I'll get the other one, thanks for that link to that's handy I'll check it out.

Atm I'm only looking for 20 or so seeds from my favourites but it would nice to have the option of longevity, I've read of a mix of sts lasting 2 years so that is or was appealing.

Cheers bud

PadawanWarrior

Thanks bud, i wasn't aware, I'd already ordered pentahydrate a while back along with silver nitrate that didn't turn up fir some reason.

When I buy it in future I'll get the other one, thanks for that link to that's handy I'll check it out.

Atm I'm only looking for 20 or so seeds from my favourites but it would nice to have the option of longevity, I've read of a mix of sts lasting 2 years so that is or was appealing.

Cheers bud
This is a good video on it too. This is kinda what I followed but I did it a little different. You're supposed to add the silver nitrate solution to the sodium thiosulfate solution while stirring. And I kept the A and B solutions separate so they'll last longer. I'm taking 25ml of each and mixing with 450ml distilled water.

I've heard mixed things on when to start spraying so I'm doing every 3 days for a week or so before flip. First spray was on the 6th so today is spray #2. I'm going to keep spraying every 3 days until I see balls. Here it is now.

20240609_133615.jpg

PadawanWarrior

Forgot to add the bud shots last night.

Smaller plant on left.
20240612_181637.jpg

Bigger middle plant has a slight issue. I think I gave too much K so it's having a hard time accessing Mg. I also think it wants a little more P. I'll cut back on the K and add more Mg and P. Due to the deficiency issues it makes sense it's a little behind. I'm still figuring this stuff out.
20240612_181445.jpg

PadawanWarrior

Figured I might as well update the STS attempt here since we were already talking about STS. I did the 4th spray and flipped on Saturday. I'll continue to spray every 3 days and hope for a smooth transitioning.

20240617_110836.jpg

negative37dBA

Veteran
Forgot to add the bud shots last night.

Smaller plant on left.
View attachment 19017166

Bigger middle plant has a slight issue. I think I gave too much K so it's having a hard time accessing Mg. I also think it wants a little more P. I'll cut back on the K and add more Mg and P. Due to the deficiency issues it makes sense it's a little behind. I'm still figuring this stuff out.
View attachment 19017167
Brrrrr....I feel a cold frost in here...Looking excellent!

negative37dBA

Veteran
Nice, day 41. Getting close to the home stretch. How long do you take the GG? I have tried several diff finish times with the glue. I feel like it kind of depends on how you grew it. No set date to pull. You have to let the plant tell you when she is ready. That said I usually find that 9 to 10 weeks is about right. Liking the frost I see. The Glue is such a good one for whiting out the place.
Have a good one.
Peace, negative.

PadawanWarrior

Nice, day 41. Getting close to the home stretch. How long do you take the GG? I have tried several diff finish times with the glue. I feel like it kind of depends on how you grew it. No set date to pull. You have to let the plant tell you when she is ready. That said I usually find that 9 to 10 weeks is about right. Liking the frost I see. The Glue is such a good one for whiting out the place.
Have a good one.
Peace, negative.
Hey negative. Last time I chopped at 10 weeks. It probably could've even been chopped a week or two earlier but I like the more mature high. Glue matures pretty fast. That's one reason I like it so much. I plucked a little lower branch that was sagging last night just to see how it is at 6 weeks. I'm sure my wife is gonna love it at 6 weeks. She always likes early chopped weed. Here's a nug shot of last harvest at 10 weeks.

WIN_20240311_23_10_10_Pro.jpg

negative37dBA

Veteran
Here's the nugs from the tiny branch at day 41 after a couple days in a paper bag. I'm curious what the high will be like.

View attachment 19020550
That doesn't look to bad 4 the time it has had. In fact pretty good I would say. Yeah I love the mature high to. Amber is my best friend...hehehe.
The fully ripe stuff looks prime! Keep up the good work sir.
Peace, negative

PadawanWarrior

Day 45. The guano hasn't kicked in yet so the left one's fading pretty bad. I gave it another 1/3 cup today but this time I mixed it in water first so hopefully it works faster. The first dose was given on the 14th so it should start working soon.

Left GG
WIN_20240622_18_15_18_Pro.jpg

WIN_20240622_18_16_20_Pro.jpg

Right GG
WIN_20240622_18_16_32_Pro.jpg

WIN_20240622_18_16_57_Pro.jpg

Love Affair
WIN_20240622_18_17_10_Pro.jpg

WIN_20240622_18_17_37_Pro.jpg

negative37dBA

Veteran
Those are chunking up quite nicely! No knock on organic in any way but that is one reason I love RDWC. You add something...it's available. Got a lot of nice tops there.
Have a great one! Peace, negative.

PadawanWarrior

Those are chunking up quite nicely! No knock on organic in any way but that is one reason I love RDWC. You add something...it's available. Got a lot of nice tops there.
Have a great one! Peace, negative.
Thanks. I hear you about organics. I've got a couple clones in coco I've been feeding GH Flora. I'm liking it. I've had the GH stuff for years but have never used it. I'm tempted to give the hungry plant some GH Bloom, but the guano usually works. It just takes a week or two.

PadawanWarrior

I'm not sure the STS reversal is going to work. I first sprayed on the 6th. Then the 9th, 12th, and again on the 15th when I flipped. Again on the 18th and then on the 20th I noticed a few healthy looking hairs. So I sprayed again that night, the next, and last night. Pretty sure I did everything right so maybe it's just a stubborn strain. Here's the pic I took on the 20th.

20240620_203701.jpg

PadawanWarrior

Here's what the STS attempt looks like today. Seeing lots of pistils still so I mixed up a new batch of STS just in case I did something wrong. I'm pretty sure I did everything right though.

20240624_122013.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts