What's new

GAVITA Pro 1000 DE

Mad Lab

Wish I could think of something but that's one of the problems with soil, your never 100% sure of whats in it or what processes have occured (good or bad) unless your a straight organic soil G at it. Which are few a far between. Hydro, slightly more controlled and easy to dial in or figure out whats going on down in the medium.

Good luck with your next run, Mity.

Mad Lab

Just got the numbers from one of the glue rooms I just hit my record so far:

4.1 units a light, 5x5 footprint!! (this was a 10foot ceiling)

excited. i love you gavita.

calitree

Just got the numbers from one of the glue rooms I just hit my record so far:

4.1 units a light, 5x5 footprint!! (this was a 10foot ceiling)

excited. i love you gavita.

am i reading this correctly?

4.1 dry per light on a 5x5 footprint

it got me interested so i looked up some of your other posts.

i enjoyed your HPA "Aeroponics for Commercial Production" and was wondering if this is the method you used

calitree

This is highly dissaponiting
Another member of the forum PMed me informing me that this is a known problem.(thank you) this is the first time I've heard of it. The more frustrating part of all this, I have been in contact with gavitas help desk. They admited to me it was a production problem but they won't fix it. Their excuse is that it doesn't affect the lamp and theres no way for them to tell which fixtures are affected. I'm postings the convo herre. , althought it's still ongoing."

ya, same thing here.

thanks for the post.

Mad Lab

Hey calitree,

Thanks for stopping into the HPA thread, trying to get more awareness out there and soon it will have much more pictures, info and full grow reports with results.

I consult on many medical gardens (build, provide genetics and maintain) but only 2 have the height neccessary to utilize HPA. This 4 unit grow was not one of them. This grow was a 6x6 rockwool DTW system. This is my second choice of medium after HPA, mostly because it's small, and its not much to bring in or dispose of and takes slightly less waterings than larger coco containers I would have used. Also allows for osmosis to occur a little higher than coco.

Here is a picture of the setup I used:

picture.php

calitree

Hey calitree,

Thanks for stopping into the HPA thread, trying to get more awareness out there and soon it will have much more pictures, info and full grow reports with results.

I consult on many medical gardens (build, provide genetics and maintain) but only 2 have the height neccessary to utilize HPA. This 4 unit grow was not one of them. This grow was a 6x6 rockwool DTW system. This is my second choice of medium after HPA, mostly because it's small, and its not much to bring in or dispose of and takes slightly less waterings than larger coco containers I would have used. Also allows for osmosis to occur a little higher than coco.

Here is a picture of the setup I used:

View Image

looking forward to the pics/info

i run 4x4 trays ebb/flow, got the 1k gavita + el2 controller , running a variety right now for breeding w/ a few studs.

Kiefer

Hey everyone, I just got a new gavita remote 1000 watt ballast with a big agrotech type hood (like the big magnum xxxl reg hoods, but not air cooled) I see a lot of smaller hoods claiming to have better dispersion, and I see people using wing reflectors, I went with the big open hood because I have 7' ceilings and wanted the best ustilization of all that light, and that seemed like the most logical. Just wondering if anyone cares to chime in on what reflector would give me the bestfootprint? Thanks to all for constructive advice.

Mad Lab

Hey everyone, I just got a new gavita remote 1000 watt ballast with a big agrotech type hood (like the big magnum xxxl reg hoods, but not air cooled) I see a lot of smaller hoods claiming to have better dispersion, and I see people using wing reflectors, I went with the big open hood because I have 7' ceilings and wanted the best ustilization of all that light, and that seemed like the most logical. Just wondering if anyone cares to chime in on what reflector would give me the bestfootprint? Thanks to all for constructive advice.

Not sure which thread, but I've posted my experience with agro magnum with remote DE's, with 7 foot ceilings.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=276161&page=4

Check the past few pages out. I did 3lbs with a 5x5 footprint, 4x4 tray, 9 plants per, 3 trellis hortanova nets to keep my canopy where I wanted by weaving, and I even had trays with reservoirs underneath bringing tray to 2 feet from ground.

Good luck.

TheSilverMullet

Veteran
I understand the want to avoid taco at all costs. Unfortunately for me, my strain of choice to run almost 100% of my rooms with Gorilla glue 4, which is a nasty nasty stretcher. And for trays and gavitas, damn near impossible with 7 feet. So thankfully losing the maybe 10% on the trays that were over vegged to taco'ing, it was still a big number. But I doubt you'll run into that problem with most strains. First time I've had a little taco in many years, damn do I hate it.

As for the 750's I wish I could see one in action next to a 1000DE set to 800 to see if Gavita is correct, but I'm sure they know what they are talking about. If your ok with not having the option of possibly blasting the 1000-1150 during my favorite time, week 4-6 of flower, then I think the 750's would be great, especially with the remotes. I would do remotes with that room, the combo ballasts are rough to tuck tight into the ceiling. It forced the hood to hang 4 inches lower.

Personally, I think that burst of PAR at week 4-6 could be the difference between 2 units and 3 units.

I would give the 750 up to 5x5 if you had the height to raise them to that point. Anything after that you'd drop below the maximum potential for the light and it's area. Getting the wide hood would help if you want to make sure to get the outer edges of your canopy with that limited height. I would never suggest changing the original gavita reflector if it wasnt for the hieght issue. Given the ceiling you describe I'd say getting 4x4 with the hood per 750 would be pretty accurate.

That sounds like a small warehouse grow I setup a few months ago for someone. I like it. And it worked very well. Client pulled his first room of glue down at 3.6 units a light (6x4 area).

Although I am jealous about the 1000e DE's. While I have them in smaller rooms, I have yet to purchase and try the E-controller. So excited for this product! Please let me knkow your experience with the controller and if you had any issues! Good luck, your gonna kill it with those gavitas.

I just finished my first round with 8 1000e's. I ran them at 1150 until week 6 or so then dropped it to 800 because I noticed just the slightest bit of light bleaching beginning at the tip of a couple GSC nugs.

The EL1 controller is rad. Super easy to hook everything up and had no issues at all with the whole system. Love being able to dim everything down so easily and having the auto dim/shutoff is nice for peace of mind.

No idea on yield yet but I'm sure it will be good compared to anything I've done just judging by how full the canopy was and how big and dense the buds got.

I doubt I'll be hitting anything like 3+ per but I'm growing cookies in soil without co2 and only 1 plant per light so I wouldn't ever expect that that kind of yield. I'd be thrilled if I hit 2 honestly and I think that's maybe possible. Next round I've got some Dream Lotus and Cherry Pie OG in the mix so those should up the yield of the room a bit.

There's a guy on ig (green_works_) who had a bunch (5 I think) of the digistar 1000e remote ballasts that burned out on him after 9 months and he even had a smoking bulb on one (scary). Was thinking of getting 4 of those for my low ceiling seed tester room but now I'm not so sure might look into a different brand or maybe just go Classic.

mitygrows

So iv been doing some sole searching.and I think I kinda no what happened.so normally I do 18 on 6 off for veg 12 on 12 for flower.but for some reason my timer was set to 10 on 14 off for flower.its the only thing I can see that gave my a low yelled.iv been stressing on this for a few days now and it's all I can think of.so what does anybody think could it of been the problem.i hope so

TheSilverMullet

Veteran
well, you shorted your plants like 110+ hours of light throughout your flower cycle so yeah I think it could definitely be a contributing factor.

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
think it might? I wouldn't have the slightest bit of other thinking after knowing that.... Yes, yes it did effect your yield.

BrainSellz

Veteran
So iv been doing some sole searching.and I think I kinda no what happened.so normally I do 18 on 6 off for veg 12 on 12 for flower.but for some reason my timer was set to 10 on 14 off for flower.its the only thing I can see that gave my a low yelled.iv been stressing on this for a few days now and it's all I can think of.so what does anybody think could it of been the problem.i hope so

Damn, an entire cycle of 10-14 without knowing!?

zeet

Veteran

And there you have it. FUnny when folks try to blame everything but themselves when things go wrong.
I'd like to see what your results will be when you get your game on point.

Good luck next time buddy

calitree

I just finished my first round with 8 1000e's. I ran them at 1150 until week 6 or so then dropped it to 800 because I noticed just the slightest bit of light bleaching beginning at the tip of a couple GSC nugs.

The EL1 controller is rad. Super easy to hook everything up and had no issues at all with the whole system. Love being able to dim everything down so easily and having the auto dim/shutoff is nice for peace of mind.

I really like the controller as well, you ever use sunrise sunset feature?

seems like you discovered the problem! No big deal, you'll get it dialed in next time, we all make mistakes, but we bounce back :dance013:

mitygrows

So Im glad I found out that I screwed up.but I'm still going to run 2 gavitas and 4 digital ballest tell I get a feel for the lights

Chase910

Don't blme the lights. That's a grower error. Move the lights higher from plants. At least 48" and put them at 100%. We average over 2.2lb per light using this method

By 100% do you mean the 1000W setting or the 1150W setting? Just about to flip and am excited to see the results using your method. I also have gotten tried and true genetics for this round. Kind of sad that I got screwed so bad by Canadian Seed Bank. Wasted $340 on their seeds, almost a year of my time, and two very very crappy crops. Gave clones to a couple experienced buddys and they said not to waste my time with them. He threw them out at 4 weeks. So ya, very excited to hopefully have my first real harvest!! YAY

Chase910

Room is golden and dialed. It's my dream room. I know if I can just get these damn lights figured out....

I feel your pain man! What is your room size? For my new grow I will be bumping up the feed and calmag as well. How did you make out with that grow? I don't have A/C but keep all the other parameters fairly decent but still haven't knocked it out of the park. Thanks

By 100% do you mean the 1000W setting or the 1150W setting? Just about to flip and am excited to see the results using your method. I also have gotten tried and true genetics for this round. Kind of sad that I got screwed so bad by Canadian Seed Bank. Wasted $340 on their seeds, almost a year of my time, and two very very crappy crops. Gave clones to a couple experienced buddys and they said not to waste my time with them. He threw them out at 4 weeks. So ya, very excited to hopefully have my first real harvest!! YAY

1000w

Feed everytime and just feed a low EC calmag only feed 1x week. Like .5ec