What's new

GAVITA Pro 1000 DE

mitygrows

I had them about 40 inches away from the plants co2 36000 ac the shit is fire but my yield is down shit sucks 2 4×8 trays with 4×8 geo pots in them 32 plants in each 4×8

TheArchitect

Veteran
thanks for your input.

i'm about to order it for 4 1000e DE's to test it out.

it's just strange putting together a plan to use the controller in a warehouse with 60 lights. 30 in each room. Normally, you always have the switchboard to protect the power surge and the switchboard is where you plug in your ballasts.

WTF do i do with 30 lights? have the electrician just hardwire into main line? so no 'plugging' it in anywhere right?

We always needed a switchboard/subpanel but now with this low freq technology it's hard for me to get info on hardwiring.

Its actually super easy to wire everything.

Run conduit along your ceiling in line with your rows, put an outlet between the lights and you can plug the ballast into that.

I actually love that feature, it prevents me from needing to get long lamp cords, no need for an expensive contactor, an you can have a breaker for every light or every two lights, that you can turn one off for maintenance or w/e.

Lyfespan

21x14 with 12-16 foot ceilings looking to run 10-12 1000 watt DE fixtures. Still shopping these, gavita or nanolux. Support and pricing will be the deciding factors.

mitygrows

Do you think I had them to close to the plants it's fire no light bbleaching I'm tripping should I get rid of them or try again I'm not working so this is my income for now I was going to put 1 more 4×8 in there so it can be 12×4 for 2 lights.can anyone have any thoughts about this

Mad Lab

Some trays here experienced heat stress, nothing more than a taco late flower but still, not ideal. But here with half the canopy was too tall, still an average of 3.1 units a light in a 5x5 area.

This is with a 7 foot ceiling. And a 2 foot high tray. So I only had 4 feet from rockwool block to the bulb itself. Almost 12.5 for 4 gavitas. It can be done.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
the gavitas most people are talking about are the ones with all in one unit and double sided bulbs for less resonense...

Mad Lab

the gavitas most people are talking about are the ones with all in one unit and double sided bulbs for less resonense...
I know what most people think gavitas are but mity thought I was using HPS. Remote gavitas DE's are the same as the all-in-one ballast gavitas. Both are dub bulbs.

I use the 1000e DE's (the combo) on any room with over 9foot height. Just showing the kids how to work 1000 DE gavitas in a small space with trays.

The combo's are the only way to go for warehouse or commercial space. But the remote ballast gavita DE's will respond virtually the same in the small space.

Snype

Veteran
Mad Lab: You seem to know a lot about the Combo and the Remote. It makes a lot of sense what you are saying so I know you're advice to me will be real good. I have a few questions if you have some time.

1. I like to keep the intensity of the light down on some of the strains that I grow. Would the Gavita DE 750 suit my situation better because I only have slightly less than 8 foot ceilings? I don't like my plants to taco at all and the room plant space is only 8.5' x 9'. I like your remote option reflector to even out the light more for smaller ceilings.

2. Do you have any idea of the foot light foot print that 4 x Gavita 750 DE will cover? I'm kind of hoping the 750 can cover at least an 8x8' and possibly a little more on strains that don't like intense light. I'd like to hear your thoughts.

3. My other room has 9.5' ceilings and is 25' x 33'. I want to put 16 Gavita 1000e DE's in there and would like to know what you think about the spacing that I was thinking. I wanted to put 4 rows of lights that contains 4 lights per row. Each row of lights would cover a SCROG the entire way. The SCROG rows would be done so that each light covers 4' x 6' of space. But that lights would be spread 6' x 5' apart from each other to allow for a small row to walk down and deal with plants. So total space 16 light will be lighting would be 20' x 24'. What do you think?

mitygrows

I did not have any bug problems the stuff I grew was fire purple as fuck I just don't no what went wrong my room never went over 85 my yield was 4 and a 1/2.

Mad Lab

1. I like to keep the intensity of the light down on some of the strains that I grow. Would the Gavita DE 750 suit my situation better because I only have slightly less than 8 foot ceilings? I don't like my plants to taco at all and the room plant space is only 8.5' x 9'. I like your remote option reflector to even out the light more for smaller ceilings.

I understand the want to avoid taco at all costs. Unfortunately for me, my strain of choice to run almost 100% of my rooms with Gorilla glue 4, which is a nasty nasty stretcher. And for trays and gavitas, damn near impossible with 7 feet. So thankfully losing the maybe 10% on the trays that were over vegged to taco'ing, it was still a big number. But I doubt you'll run into that problem with most strains. First time I've had a little taco in many years, damn do I hate it.

As for the 750's I wish I could see one in action next to a 1000DE set to 800 to see if Gavita is correct, but I'm sure they know what they are talking about. If your ok with not having the option of possibly blasting the 1000-1150 during my favorite time, week 4-6 of flower, then I think the 750's would be great, especially with the remotes. I would do remotes with that room, the combo ballasts are rough to tuck tight into the ceiling. It forced the hood to hang 4 inches lower.

Personally, I think that burst of PAR at week 4-6 could be the difference between 2 units and 3 units.

2. Do you have any idea of the foot light foot print that 4 x Gavita 750 DE will cover? I'm kind of hoping the 750 can cover at least an 8x8' and possibly a little more on strains that don't like intense light. I'd like to hear your thoughts.

I would give the 750 up to 5x5 if you had the height to raise them to that point. Anything after that you'd drop below the maximum potential for the light and it's area. Getting the wide hood would help if you want to make sure to get the outer edges of your canopy with that limited height. I would never suggest changing the original gavita reflector if it wasnt for the hieght issue. Given the ceiling you describe I'd say getting 4x4 with the hood per 750 would be pretty accurate.
3. My other room has 9.5' ceilings and is 25' x 33'. I want to put 16 Gavita 1000e DE's in there and would like to know what you think about the spacing that I was thinking. I wanted to put 4 rows of lights that contains 4 lights per row. Each row of lights would cover a SCROG the entire way. The SCROG rows would be done so that each light covers 4' x 6' of space. But that lights would be spread 6' x 5' apart from each other to allow for a small row to walk down and deal with plants. So total space 16 light will be lighting would be 20' x 24'. What do you think?

That sounds like a small warehouse grow I setup a few months ago for someone. I like it. And it worked very well. Client pulled his first room of glue down at 3.6 units a light (6x4 area).

Although I am jealous about the 1000e DE's. While I have them in smaller rooms, I have yet to purchase and try the E-controller. So excited for this product! Please let me knkow your experience with the controller and if you had any issues! Good luck, your gonna kill it with those gavitas.

Snype

Veteran
I understand the want to avoid taco at all costs. Unfortunately for me, my strain of choice to run almost 100% of my rooms with Gorilla glue 4, which is a nasty nasty stretcher. And for trays and gavitas, damn near impossible with 7 feet. So thankfully losing the maybe 10% on the trays that were over vegged to taco'ing, it was still a big number. But I doubt you'll run into that problem with most strains. First time I've had a little taco in many years, damn do I hate it.

As for the 750's I wish I could see one in action next to a 1000DE set to 800 to see if Gavita is correct, but I'm sure they know what they are talking about. If your ok with not having the option of possibly blasting the 1000-1150 during my favorite time, week 4-6 of flower, then I think the 750's would be great, especially with the remotes. I would do remotes with that room, the combo ballasts are rough to tuck tight into the ceiling. It forced the hood to hang 4 inches lower.

Personally, I think that burst of PAR at week 4-6 could be the difference between 2 units and 3 units.

I would give the 750 up to 5x5 if you had the height to raise them to that point. Anything after that you'd drop below the maximum potential for the light and it's area. Getting the wide hood would help if you want to make sure to get the outer edges of your canopy with that limited height. I would never suggest changing the original gavita reflector if it wasnt for the hieght issue. Given the ceiling you describe I'd say getting 4x4 with the hood per 750 would be pretty accurate.

That sounds like a small warehouse grow I setup a few months ago for someone. I like it. And it worked very well. Client pulled his first room of glue down at 3.6 units a light (6x4 area).

Although I am jealous about the 1000e DE's. While I have them in smaller rooms, I have yet to purchase and try the E-controller. So excited for this product! Please let me knkow your experience with the controller and if you had any issues! Good luck, your gonna kill it with those gavitas.

Thanks for the detailed responses! It makes a lot of sense and now I'm not as confused. I like your idea of blasting the plants from week 4-6. Because of that I mind as well go with the Remote 1,000e DE to have that option. I'm going to try and see if I can somehow raise the ceiling. Thanks again!

The Gavita controllers are going to come in handy. I want to try some ideas with them.

Meison

Please don't forget the EMI, the complete fixtures are that way to have no EMI. Remote ballast will produce EMI in higher levels!

The reason they recommend the complete fixture over the remote is for high numbers of fixtures in the same space. Gavita builds 40000 unit greenhouses, so EMI is kind of important there, but not for small rooms

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for the detailed responses! It makes a lot of sense and now I'm not as confused. I like your idea of blasting the plants from week 4-6. Because of that I mind as well go with the Remote 1,000e DE to have that option. I'm going to try and see if I can somehow raise the ceiling. Thanks again!

The Gavita controllers are going to come in handy. I want to try some ideas with them.

Or, conversely, you could lower the floor.... which is what I did

Mad Lab

I did not have any bug problems the stuff I grew was fire purple as fuck I just don't no what went wrong my room never went over 85 my yield was 4 and a 1/2.

Likely genetics then right?

Finished green and healthy, no lockouts or def's, you say it's fire so the trichomes matured well, and gavitas...

Sounds like ether genetics or maybe a restricted roots/inefficient feeding program...not sure what your medium was.

Was this a tried and true cut/pheno that you've personally seen grown before?

Mad Lab

I was just told they discontinued the remote ballast. Likely due to not being popular at growstores because the home grower is told that you need 14ft ceilings to use DE's and their market is commercial growers, not home growers, of which there combo DE's are unsurpassed for the warehouse/GH.

Being that the 1000e DE orders are so backed up, people running to different states to pick them up, I would stop production on the remotes and focus strictly on the 1000e's too.

So if your looking to get the remote, you may only have until they are bought off the local hydro shops shelves right now.

mitygrows

I was using 4×8 geo pots in my 4×8 trays filled with half worm farm soil half roots organic fed adavanced nutrients sensi a+b.i the only thing I can see is I had them set at 600 week 1 2.then week 3 4 set to 800 week 5678 set at 1000.that is all I can think of iv been kicking my self in the ass tripping.

Latest posts

Latest posts