What's new

G&M Herijuana x Blueberry/Chem Dawg SR x Nanda Devi

oldfogey8

Those are gonna be some cool seeds if you choose to breed :)
I am planning on pollinating a bud site or two on each female. One of the Heri-Berry plants is less compact than the rest so there are 2 phenos apparently. Unless the CDSR x ND is something special, I don’t think I will grow the F2 seeds I will get but never say never…

oldfogey8

Supercropped a bunch of branches of the Chem-Devi plants and nipped off some fan leaves blocking bud sites on the Heri-Berry plants. Vented the exhaust outside since the tent was getting into the 80’s. This morning before lights out, the tent was 75 so mission accomplished. I’ll get some pics tonight. The Chem-Devi plants are ugly for sure. I am thinking the Nanda Devi genes are expressing themselves. Need to take some cuttings to try and root them just in case I like any of the plants…

oldfogey8

Have you thought of revegging the ones you like then pollinating ?
I won’t know which ones I will like until smoking some. The Nanda Devi bud I tried was straight out psychedelic. I hope the cross carries some of that along. I know that I don’t like the plant’s structure one bit. Really lanky. I’d blame it on lighting but the Heri-Berry is as dense as any plants I have grown. As a side note-my brother harvested the majority of a plant then revegged it. I was skeptical but it worked. I may opt for doing that but to be safe, I will take cuttings since it is still early in flower(sitting at 8 days of 12/12).

cbotany

I won’t know which ones I will like until smoking some. The Nanda Devi bud I tried was straight out psychedelic. I hope the cross carries some of that along. I know that I don’t like the plant’s structure one bit. Really lanky. I’d blame it on lighting but the Heri-Berry is as dense as any plants I have grown. As a side note-my brother harvested the majority of a plant then revegged it. I was skeptical but it worked. I may opt for doing that but to be safe, I will take cuttings since it is still early in flower(sitting at 8 days of 12/12).
Oh I was talking post smoke. But cuttings always are great as well! I feel like some breeding is in your future!

oldfogey8

Oh I was talking post smoke. But cuttings always are great as well! I feel like some breeding is in your future!
I have been chucking pollen for 5 or so years but I don’t grow on a big enough scale to select a preferred male and preferred female. Generally I have solid genetics going in with Wheel of Fortune genetics going out. I wish I knew present day me when I started out. More seeds than I can shake a stick at…

cbotany

I have been chucking pollen for 5 or so years but I don’t grow on a big enough scale to select a preferred male and preferred female. Generally I have solid genetics going in with Wheel of Fortune genetics going out. I wish I knew present day me when I started out. More seeds than I can shake a stick at…
Sorry to assume bud :) I feel you tho, I have so many odd crosses I'm hoping to get a legal set up so i can just do greenhouse runs and sort them out

oldfogey8

hate blurple pics…
Devi-Dawg -Lanky
IMG_2423.jpeg

Heri-Berry
IMG_2424.jpeg

IMG_2422.jpeg

oldfogey8

A group photo is better to see the difference
IMG_2421.jpeg

I have 3 blurples. The one on the right is about 6” higher since the plants are 6” higher. Tried to supercrop the lanky ones but they pop back up. I crushed the stems pretty well too.

oldfogey8

Did some defoliation and took a couple cutting from each plant. Hero-Berry(4 plants in the left) has a good sweet floral scent. The Dawg-Devi(2 plants on the right) is straight up cat p!ss scent.
IMG_2438.jpeg

oldfogey8

One Heri-Berry has a little stretch. The others are not stretching at all. I like the structure of the non-stretchers. My male Dawg-Devi is about to start shooting pollen. Collection is imminent. Will be pollinating one branch of each plant.

oldfogey8

The Heri-Berry plants are beginning to stretch at 2 weeks into flower. I don’t think they were vegged long enough so maybe that delayed the stretch? Those smell nice. The Dawg-Devi smells terrible. Glad I have the tent output filtered and vented outside.

oldfogey8

One of my blurple LED’s looks like it has lost some of its blurple. Rearranged the plants so I have the Dawg-Devi’s in the center under one LED and the shorter Heri-Berry plants under the other two LED’s. Hiked the center one up higher and hoping the stretch is about done on those plants. The Heri-Berry has some stretch but 2 of the are very minimal. 2 and a half weeks in flower.
IMG_2451.jpeg

Going to swap the Heri-Berry plants side to side every day from here on out. Next tent grow, I will be getting a new white light LED or 2. The cuttings are still looking happy. They will all be outdoor plants if they survive. The Heri-Berry might actually finish before the sh!tty fall weather comes as it is supposed to be a 60 day give or take finisher.

oldfogey8

Nipped off all the future popcorn buds and did a bit of defoliation. Swapped sides on the Heri-Berry plants since the LEDs on each side appear to be different colors. Fed and watered.
IMG_2458.jpeg

Heri-Berry short pheno
IMG_2454.jpeg

IMG_2455.jpeg

Heri-Berry less short pheno
IMG_2456.jpeg

IMG_2457.jpeg

Dawg-Devi
IMG_2459.jpeg

IMG_2460.jpeg

oldfogey8

I visited with the friend who gave me the Nanda Devi cross yesterday. He told me the plant he got the seeds from was a good 16 ft tall(outside obviously) do it is no wonder these are stretchy. He also said he is letting a bunch of plants on his property go feral. He has a patch of a variety of strains and crosses that he just lets do what comes naturally. He is hoping they revert to a landrace type of thing. He is also trying to grow some sequoia seeds he was gifted. He said they don’t want to sprout so he tried putting them in his oven on low to simulate the fires that sequoia trees experience in the wild. He is a big ecology dude with a degree in forestry(ran an American Chestnut program trying to introduce some resistant trees across the northeast). He is happy I am attempting to get some F2 seeds of the CDSR x ND cross. He is out of those seeds as well.