What's new

G&M Herijuana x Blueberry/Chem Dawg SR x Nanda Devi

oldfogey8

IMG_2219.jpeg

oldfogey8

Cleaned up the tool room today. I think I have enough screws, nails, electrical boxes and assorted plumbing materials to build a small house. Tent goes up tomorrow. All the plants are looking happy. Today is 1 week from breaking the soil. A pic later or tomorrow.

oldfogey8

Tent is assembled. Light and plants are in the tent. Waiting on some silicone that is sealing up my exhaust vent going outside to cure. Then I will put the exhaust fan in(on a rheostat). It is a 4” fan.
Box setup:
IMG_2230.jpeg

New tent:
IMG_2232.jpeg

Plants in their new home:
IMG_2233.jpeg

G&M on the left. CDSRxND on right. 4 bulb 4 ft HO T5 fixture with 10000k bulbs.

oldfogey8

looking good fogey……

I am thinking about buying my first ever tent

do you recommend the Vevor?
It is the first time I have tried Vevor. It is made sturdier than my previous tents(one from HTG and the other I don’t recall the brand). I chose the Vevor based on how inexpensive it was(also the size of 2x4x6 fit where I want it). $70 I think. The zippers feel sturdy. I don’t see any light leaks. Working on hooking up my exhaust fan. Need to get some rubber to isolate the fan from the beam I am going to hook it up to. The exhaust isn’t a priority yet. The tent is about 80 deg(with the flap open at the top) which the seedlings don’t seem to mind. Also need some circulation fans that don’t suck. Mine usually last about 6 months. Damn cheap Chinese crap…

oldfogey8

Random pic. 12 days from breaking soil.
IMG_2247.jpeg

I have a good crop of fungus gnats going do I am giving a member from a different forums hard hat control method. Didn’t have any petroleum jelly so I am trying antibiotic ointment…

oldfogey8

Looking at the G&M seedlings, they are quite a bit larger than the CDSR cross seeds. Received a new AC Infinity fan for inside the tent today. Not an oscillating fan. Everywhere I looked for them, those were ‘sold out’.☹️

Gave the plants a dilute feeding of Jacks(about a quarter the recommended dose) the other day with a bit of silica. Never tried silica before but have heard good things about building stronger plants and pest resistance.

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
everyone of the G&M plants were robust and showed vigor , nine different strandivars..

fat stems when they were in beer cups…big around as a No 9 lead pencil!…

I did not have to stake them up as they grew into adult plants…

good luck with the silica , I quit using it after a couple cycles , I never noticed any visible difference…

in my modified Hempy buckets with 100% Perlite , all I used was GH Micro and Bloom……

and some cal mag…😁🤓😁

oldfogey8

Up-potted this morning. Good roots but a poor job putting the peat cups in the solo cups in my first up-potting. No real harm that I can see.
IMG_2278.jpeg

I need to clean up the lower leaves. I will wait a couple of days to minimize shock. Planning on trying to quadline these just because I want to try quadlining.

IMG_2280.jpeg

oldfogey8

everyone of the G&M plants were robust and showed vigor , nine different strandivars..

fat stems when they were in beer cups…big around as a No 9 lead pencil!…

I did not have to stake them up as they grew into adult plants…

good luck with the silica , I quit using it after a couple cycles , I never noticed any visible difference…

in my modified Hempy buckets with 100% Perlite , all I used was GH Micro and Bloom……

and some cal mag…😁🤓😁
Thanks. I’ve been thinking about abandoning the silica. Flower on another site said he had pH issues when using it. It is a base and I don’t think I want to change more variables than I already have. And like cowbells, more cal-mag…

oldfogey8

Up-potted this morning. Good roots but a poor job putting the peat cups in the solo cups in my first up-potting. No real harm that I can see.
IMG_2278.jpeg

I need to clean up the lower leaves. I will wait a couple of days to minimize shock. Planning on trying to quadline these just because I want to try quadlining.

IMG_2280.jpeg
Mixed up a bag of perlite with a bag and a half of Maines Coast potting soil and spiked the mix with worm castings and mychorihhizae.

oldfogey8

3 weeks:
IMG_2281.jpeg

Cleaned up the lowest nodes to get them off of the soil:

IMG_2283.jpeg

The CDSRxND is taller than the HxBB. Probably the landrace Nanda Devi genes.

CDSRxND on the right, G&M Herijuana x Blueberry on the right.

oldfogey8

Bottom 2 nodes removed in preparation for quadlining. I will top them in a day or two per a great quadlining thread on another forum.
IMG_2298.jpeg

oldfogey8

4 weeks:
IMG_2316.jpeg
IMG_2315.jpeg

The CDSR x ND is going to be taller than the Heri x BB. Following a quadlining thread, I have removed the bottom 2 nodes and topped a couple days later. I think that stress arrested the growth a bit but they seem to be recovering. The climate is not optimal so that could be causing slower growth too. 68-72 degrees and under 30% RH(mostly 20 or below). I am not planning on heating the basement room so I am getting what I pay for.

Edited because the pics disappeared…

Last edited:

oldfogey8

I added in a 2 bulb 4 ft T5 because of plant spread and hopefully a bit more warmth(warmer air also holds more moisture so that may up my RH as well). I started training the 4 nodes of each plant a few days ago. The CDSR x ND is going to be challenging. Stretching already under 24/7 lighting. The Heri x BB is staying nice and short. I knew this would be a problem but hoped it would be more of a flowering time thing…
IMG_2330.jpeg

oldfogey8

the heri-berry should stay short

our outdoor ones made it to about 4.5 feet and were in the group that finished the earliest

really strong medicine too
I will say they have a pretty strong cat piss smell at this point. I haven’t put my filter on yet and the grow room stinks. Not a complaint. Just an observation.

The extra light has boosted the temp to 72-73 deg.