What's new

Full room reset. Current Culture RDWC. GG4 clone only, what did you expect from me?

negative37dBA

Veteran
Getting ready to water change tomorrow. Plan is to drop the dose of Jacks down a bit and add some MPK to the mix. Maybe shoot for a overall EC of 1.1 and see where that leads us to. That will lower both N and epsoms amounts and up the K. That fits in with your recommendations and is also along with my line of thinking. Thanks much for that PadawanWarrior.
Have a sweet day all. Peace, negative.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Been enjoying using the "mood mat" I won for second place in the Pure Sativa picture contest a good long while back. Makes for a good setting for a session.
mood mat1 - Copy.jpg

The Flower side.
mood mat 2 - Copy.jpg

The Dab side.
mood mat 3 - Copy.jpg

Also won some seeds from them. Killer Glue(AK47 X GG4) which seems fitting since almost all I grow is Glue...lol. Was hoping to pop them this year but was holding off because of a trip. That plan has changed so I may fire them up right now and run them next go.
Off to do my water change. I got fully toasted last night with a few dabs that hit real hard...put me to sleep. Really want to lower that EC a bit and add the MPK to see the results. I am debating getting some of the 0 N Jacks or just lowering the B a bit. The only reason I hesitate is the dam cost now. They want as much for a Kilo of it as they wanted for a 25 pounder of the regs back in time a bit. So going with the reduced part B for now.

growsjoe1

Premium user
Veteran
Screenshot 2024-06-15 at 10.14.12 PM.png

This is a beautiful piece... definitely an everyday driver for flower. Perfect size for my aging lungs. I have a 8" beaker without the white fuming. (love it though) I have a ball vape for non-combustion and, of course a good dab rig for the concentrates. Nail is a spinner with a 30mm hollow piller for super slow cold start dabs pulling while the piller spins easily...clouds,er, cough, cough.

What a nice collection

Last edited:

negative37dBA

Veteran
View attachment 19018136

This is a beautiful piece... definitely an everyday driver for flower. Perfect size for my aging lungs. I have a 8' beaker without the white fuming. (love it though) I have a ball vape for non-combustion and, of course a good dab rig for the concentrates. Nail is a spinner with a 30mm hollow piller for super slow pulling while the piller spins easily...clouds,er, cough, cough.

What a nice collection
Thanks so much for the kind words growsjoe1. That one was just aquired a few weeks ago. My girl really loves it. It is 8.25" tall so very similar height. She runs it with a ash catcher for increased filtration and keeps the rig cleaner. I thought the white added a nice classy touch and it makes me keep it clean...lol.
Did my water change tonight. Hit the 1.1 EC with this mix.
50g Jacks A
16g Jacks B...a half dose.
8g Epsoms, also a half dose.
14ml of both Iron and Mag sulphate. Basically cal mag without the cal.
I did NOT do the MPK. I am going to hold off at least another week before I use that.
IMG_8868 - Copy.JPG

Hopefully these number do the plants well. We will see.
We have bud sites...woot! Day 16. I am going to have some issues with these flopping late in flower as there is zero support for them higher up...yo yo time. They blew by the first trellis before I even got them in the room. I am going to have to put a 3rd layer in there between runs. It has been a consistent issue I want to get rid of.
These leggy bitches...lol. They just hit a full 6 feet in height.:skiiing:
IMG_8869 - Copy.JPG

IMG_8871 - Copy.JPG

I think they have to much N. Seeing tip burn on the new growth and they are pretty dark green. Lowering the N with this water change will hopefully help. Also lowered the epsoms.
I have kind of been on autopilot if you will my last several grows. Just doing the work and not really looking at and reading the plants. I need to do better at that. I feel like I am learning again about growing and it has me more interested. I tend to get bored with stuff I kinda have figured out and then don't give it as much attention or lose interest a bit. This new learning has got me reinvigorated about growing.
Hope you all have a fine weekend.
Peace, negative.

Last edited:

negative37dBA

Veteran
I have been doing to much lately. No days off from the yard work and I have been doing several hours of it every day. Digging, fence removal and install, cutting wood, watering, planting and building things is killing my hands. I wear gloves almost always but I can barley touch anything right now without some pain.
Good excuse for a day off I guess. I have so much I want to do feels like a waste of a great day. Just 2 tasks on the list today. Gotta drop off some items I am giving away and picking up a load of old cedar boards. Going to use them for my raised beds. Got 114 of them for a c-note. Good deal for me.
Hands after a night of soaking in bag balm in gloves.....f-ck me. Talk about sore.
IMG_8885 - Copy.JPG

IMG_8886 - Copy.JPG

Been working with a ton of old fencing lately....my arms look like I tried suicide I have so many cuts/scabs.

Last edited by a moderator:

PadawanWarrior

I have been doing to much lately. No days off from the yard work and I have been doing several hours of it every day. Digging, fence removal and install, cutting wood, watering, planting and building things is killing my hands. I wear gloves almost always but I can barley touch anything right now without some pain.
Good excuse for a day off I guess. I have so much I want to do feels like a waste of a great day. Just 2 tasks on the list today. Gotta drop off some items I am giving away and picking up a load of old cedar boards. Going to use them for my raised beds. Got 114 of them for a c-note. Good deal for me.
Hands after a night of soaking in bag balm in gloves.....fuck me. Talk about sore.
View attachment 19018900
View attachment 19018901
Been working with a ton of old fencing lately....my arms look like I tried suicide I have so many cuts/scabs.
Get some Working Hands. That stuff is amazing.

81zTboMmjHL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

negative37dBA

Veteran
Hi guys. So I made a decision today to go with the MasterBlend 0-12-24. Mainly because I could not find the Jacks for less than my arm and a leg... Also really want to try a zero N blend for flower.
Been watching a ton of Greengenes on the tube and he really goes in depth on the breakdown....really good stuff. You can really learn what all those numbers mean from a guy who uses it in real life. No problems mixing the 2 brands. I like the numbers I see with this so going to give it a run. Should be here by next water change out. Good timing for end week 3.
Have a great day all. Peace, negative.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Hi all. Asking for some advice on VPD. How much do you think it is a factor for me? I am ALWAYS in the RED zone. I live in the high desert and my humidity is 20 at best in the room at all times...never changes. It is dry as fuck here.
I guess it measures leaf air pressures in Kilopascals. Optimal would be like .83 to 1.50. In humidity that would be 60 to 40. I am well below that. Obviously I have had decent results in the past but wondering if this is a big factor in the K def?
To keep those visual people happy...here are a couple shots at day 18.
IMG_8890 - Copy.JPG

Some tip burn here. Lowered my overall EC to .9 down from 1.1. I am hoping the no N mix that I have coming will help with this. It is not consistent throughout tho...just here and there. Seems just the newest growth has it. Old fan leaves do not show it but they are a little to dark green in my opinion.
IMG_8874 - Copy.JPG

Bud sites are rolling along.
IMG_8892 - Copy.JPG

Had to tie down 3 or 4 tops that were touching the light.
IMG_8894 - Copy.JPG

Thanks for your thoughts on this. I am really trying to learn a bunch more fine details about growing this run instead of just going through the motions. Keeps me more excited about it...I get bored real easy. Been watching Greengenes videos on the nutes a lot...learning good things.
Peace, negative.

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
Personally I like a high vpd and IMO it keeps the plant growing fast. I also believe you can get away with a lower ec with a high vpd because the plants are drinking so much. Your plants look great and are growing so well I wouldn't try to fix anything as you've already lowered the ec so that should fix the slight tip burn. Good luck :rasta:

negative37dBA

Veteran
Personally I like a high vpd and IMO it keeps the plant growing fast. I also believe you can get away with a lower ec with a high vpd because the plants are drinking so much. Your plants look great and are growing so well I wouldn't try to fix anything as you've already lowered the ec so that should fix the slight tip burn. Good luck :rasta:
Thanks for that. Yeah you try to mess with too much and then you have no idea what it was that was better. I have done the heat. I am trying the no N nutes and that will be it this go. Look at how we turn out and make a new plan, if needed, next run.
Peace, negative.

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks so much for the kind words growsjoe1. That one was just aquired a few weeks ago. My girl really loves it. It is 8.25" tall so very similar height. She runs it with a ash catcher for increased filtration and keeps the rig cleaner. I thought the white added a nice classy touch and it makes me keep it clean...lol.
Did my water change tonight. Hit the 1.1 EC with this mix.
50g Jacks A
16g Jacks B...a half dose.
8g Epsoms, also a half dose.
14ml of both Iron and Mag sulphate. Basically cal mag without the cal.
I did NOT do the MPK. I am going to hold off at least another week before I use that.
View attachment 19018276
Hopefully these number do the plants well. We will see.
We have bud sites...woot! Day 16. I am going to have some issues with these flopping late in flower as there is zero support for them higher up...yo yo time. They blew by the first trellis before I even got them in the room. I am going to have to put a 3rd layer in there between runs. It has been a consistent issue I want to get rid of.
These leggy bitches...lol. They just hit a full 6 feet in height.:skiiing:
View attachment 19018281
View attachment 19018282
I think they have to much N. Seeing tip burn on the new growth and they are pretty dark green. Lowering the N with this water change will hopefully help. Also lowered the epsoms.
I have kind of been on autopilot if you will my last several grows. Just doing the work and not really looking at and reading the plants. I need to do better at that. I feel like I am learning again about growing and it has me more interested. I tend to get bored with stuff I kinda have figured out and then don't give it as much attention or lose interest a bit. This new learning has got me reinvigorated about growing.
Hope you all have a fine weekend.
Peace, negative.
I hear you on the flopping part my friend and your hands ouch :good: :comfort:

negative37dBA

Veteran
The nute shelf. This where I do the magic...lol. These are all stock solutions of salts I use at times. These are great to have to top off a rez or use in the cloner. I use the raw salts when doing a full change out or when starting anything from fresh. This way is for ease of use and not having to mix all the time. When you mix these up this is when you realize how much the nute companies are bending you over with NO LUBE. I literally SAVE 30 bucks every time I make a bottle up.
nute shelf1 - Copy.jpg

I keep the bulk nutes on another shelf as I got the 25 pounders and they take up a little space. I have them in old large ice cream containers with a sealed lid. All you need is a accurate gram scale and you to can enter the world of custom nutes and saving cash. No joke, it literally cost me pennies to refill a 20 gallon rez. I think if I recall correctly without looking it up it cost me about $12.00 in nutes last run. That was with weekly water changes x 9.
IMG_8901 - Copy.JPG

IMG_8902 - Copy.JPG

Take a leap to the wild side and mix your own!
Have a great day all.
Peace, negative.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Going to start using Hydrobuddy. It is very detailed and I think will really help me nail down the finer points of nutrients and the mixes. I am having a bit of a head scratcher getting going but Genes videos on it are helping out. Once you get the mixes you want put in it is incredible what it will do for you. I get nothing from them so no bias.
Peace, negative.

PadawanWarrior

Hi all. Asking for some advice on VPD. How much do you think it is a factor for me? I am ALWAYS in the RED zone. I live in the high desert and my humidity is 20 at best in the room at all times...never changes. It is dry as fuck here.
I guess it measures leaf air pressures in Kilopascals. Optimal would be like .83 to 1.50. In humidity that would be 60 to 40. I am well below that. Obviously I have had decent results in the past but wondering if this is a big factor in the K def?
To keep those visual people happy...here are a couple shots at day 18.
View attachment 19019260
Some tip burn here. Lowered my overall EC to .9 down from 1.1. I am hoping the no N mix that I have coming will help with this. It is not consistent throughout tho...just here and there. Seems just the newest growth has it. Old fan leaves do not show it but they are a little to dark green in my opinion.
View attachment 19019267
Bud sites are rolling along.
View attachment 19019269
Had to tie down 3 or 4 tops that were touching the light.
View attachment 19019274
Thanks for your thoughts on this. I am really trying to learn a bunch more fine details about growing this run instead of just going through the motions. Keeps me more excited about it...I get bored real easy. Been watching Greengenes videos on the nutes a lot...learning good things.
Peace, negative.
It's really dry here too. My RH averages around 20-40%. I've also had temps in the 90's with that low of humidity and never noticed any K deficiency from the super high VPD. They drink more so it's easier to over feed them though.

negative37dBA

Veteran
It's really dry here too. My RH averages around 20-40%. I've also had temps in the 90's with that low of humidity and never noticed any K deficiency from the super high VPD. They drink more so it's easier to over feed them though.
Nice to hear. Going to not change humidity. I already changed 2 things or will have when the new no N formula gets here so that's enough for this run.
Thanks for your input on that.
Peace, negative.

growsjoe1

Premium user
Veteran
neg... you're such a scientist. I fully love your DYI innovations throughout your grow.

The results speak for themselves. Nothing but impressive.

I agree making more than a couple of changes at one time can lead down an ugly path.

The plants look great, and the glue gives a good stretch. I'm looking forward to seeing how this run turns out with some slight changes applied.

negative37dBA

Veteran
neg... you're such a scientist. I fully love your DYI innovations throughout your grow.

The results speak for themselves. Nothing but impressive.

I agree making more than a couple of changes at one time can lead down an ugly path.

The plants look great, and the glue gives a good stretch. I'm looking forward to seeing how this run turns out with some slight changes applied.
Much appreciated sir. :whee: I will be pulling on my white lab coat next time I mix...lol. Been playing around with Hydrobuddy all night. Putting in my formulations I use. This nute calculator is AMAZING. In the past I have had almost no idea of the actual PPM of the individual ingredients in my mix. This calculator lets you set some desired targets you would like to hit for every element. It also has some preset values for diff crops. You then can put in the items you are using and at what strength and it calculates exactly the numbers of everything. If you do not like what you see you can change the ratio or amount of product used to hit your EXACT numbers you want. OMG for a nute nerd like me this is fing awesome.
Here is a example I have been playing with.
Selecting the items I will be using for week 4. You have the database on the left and my selections on the right.
hydrobuddy23 - Copy.png

Tons of parameters to set at first but once you have them where you want them it is easy to recalculate.
Here is the main page where you can see the target ppm and resultant ppm. This is also where you set up a bunch of the parameters.
hydrobuddy24 - Copy.png

Here is the results page where some cool changes can be made. You can adjust your ratios here to see how that changes your results numbers. You can see here I have selected 4 grams per gallon of the Masterblend and 2 grams per gallon of the Cal Nit or Jacks Part B. I can see that the Masterblend is high in Sulphur. This is so cool. Bring on the SCIENCE...
hydrobuddy22 - Copy.png

Woot. Masterblend has been delivered. I bought a small amount, 3 lbs just to test but I think it will be good.
IMG_8903 - Copy.JPG

IMG_8905 - Copy.JPG

Pretty good consistency. Not quite like Jacks but all good.
IMG_8907 - Copy.JPG

IMG_8906 - Copy.JPG

The label was to big to get it all in 1 shot...sorry.
Looking forward to this weeks water change in a couple days. Going to be doing some defol to. Been doing a bit here and there but it is time for the big strip.
Hope you all have a sweet day.
Peace, negative.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Wait till you find out you can dump all the nutes you have in there and input the ppms you want and it will select the best to use (and how much of each) to hit that recipe you asking for as close as possible. You can basically copy any comercial recipe with cheaper incredients that way.

Latest posts

Latest posts