What's new

Full room reset. Current Culture RDWC. GG4 clone only, what did you expect from me?

negative37dBA

Veteran
Temps are also what jumped out at me.
For night in early flower, trying to match lights on temps while reduce stretching.
Cool. The glue is a real stretcher in these first couple 3 weeks of flower. She likes to reach high!
Thanks for the advice and tips guys...it is what makes this site great. Never to old to learn stuff about growing.
Have a great day all!
Peace, negative.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Heya man, I will follow your grow! As I am planning to start a similar one very soon. Yours look so tidy and organised! Congrats!
Thanks man. I do really try hard to keeps things looking good. Clean and organized leads to good things. I am lucky enough to have all the time I need to work on the grow. For others life can get super busy and it can be tough to keep up. Really appreciate the nice comment and you all following along.
Peace, negative.

negative37dBA

Veteran
I love RDWC for the precise control you get over many parameters.
77 degree air with 66 degree water.....sweet.
IMG_8723 - Copy.JPG

That Sentinel controller has worked perfectly for me for over 10 years now. I only use Sentinel controllers, have 1 for my lights as well.
IMG_8719 - Copy.JPG

Hoping this heat increase makes the difference for me. The plants look real nice and are reaching up to the light. By the way the black spot near the bluelab meter is tape reside not something nasty growing...lol. I used some PERMANENT duct tape. Works good but be careful where you use it.
IMG_8722 - Copy.JPG

Have a sweet day all. Peace, negative.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Wow! Very hightech! Do I need a chiller if the room is less than 80F (25-26C), at all times? I didn't ever think about that.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Wow! Very hightech! Do I need a chiller if the room is less than 80F (25-26C), at all times? I didn't ever think about that.
Thanks for that. Hydro is good for people who like control...lol.
I would say anytime the water temps goes over around 70 you need to start thinking about a chiller. You air temp depending on your room setup may have less effect on the water temps. But normally if the room is 75, so would be the water if it was not chilled.
The chiller was the best piece of kit I have ever bought. Took away all the worries of any water temp problems. I have seen people grow without them in RDWC but I would not. I have had it for 5 years now, works perfectly all day everyday. I grow 24/7/365 so it gets used. I clean it with my piping every run and it never lets me down. They are not that bad in price for the smaller ones. My system was at max around 35 to 40 gallons so a 1/10th HP was perfect. Went with Active Aqua. Very happy. Higher water temps leave you at risk for water borne pathogens to take hold and reduced dissolved oxygen levels.

Last edited:

negative37dBA

Veteran
Hi all. We have reached end week 1. Day 8 today. Going good. Added that heat in and hope it is helping. Numbers staying stable with Ph at 5.8 and water temp of 66. Air temp is running 77 lights on, 72 lights off.
IMG_8741 - Copy.JPG

I have these 2 leaves I am going to use as "control" leaves if that makes sense. Taken pictures of them from the start and will continue to do so every week to see changes. I will also post them and you can give me your opinions if you want to.
Leaf 1
IMG_8738 - Copy.JPG

Leaf 2.
IMG_8739 - Copy.JPG

Taken while light is on. Both of them from similar height in the canopy.
Looking forward to week 2.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Getting my press on this AM! Getting ready to press some rosin with my nugsmasher. I have a manual one but it works great. I prepped up 1.25 oz into 4 bags. We got a 14g, 120 micron and 2, 7g, 120 micron ones. These are of the last crop that came down and are probably a little over a month old now. If it were fresher I would go with 160 mics.
IMG_8745 - Copy.JPG

I know its hard to believe that is 1.25 oz in those 4 bags but it is.
IMG_8747 - Copy.JPG

I have a test bag of 7g, 90 micron set up of 3 crops ago medicine. It is probably 7 months old now. I want to see how it does compared to the fresher. GG4 is known as one of the top yielders as far as rosin goes...its so greasy. Setting up the press now and letting it heat. Will post up some pics of finished product. It smells so bad right now in here it is almost offensive. You really have to break the bud up and push it in tightly so the terpenes are off the charts strong.
Have a good day all. Peace, negative.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Things came out well. I was pleasantly surprised with the older stuff. It came out a bit darker as one would expect but there is more flavor to it. The newer stuff tastes super clean and fresh if that is a thing.
IMG_8751 - Copy.JPG

The yield was nice. 24.57%. So 8.60 grams from 35 of start material. That will last me a bit. Prolly close to 6 weeks. Woot!
IMG_8753 - Copy.JPG

Time to bubble up!
IMG_8748 - Copy.JPG

Have a great day all! Peace, negative.

negative37dBA

Veteran
I told you these were going to blow up...only at day 12. Did a touch of defol last night. Keeping airflow high through the canopy and they are looking awesome in my opinion.
IMG_8814 - Copy.JPG

As we get deeper into flower we will find out but I think the higher temps are helping. Keeping it around 78 lights on. I have pictures from last grow I can compare to so we will see. As they have gotten taller the PPFD has went up. Tops are seeing 750 now. I don't want to stress them to much but I will shoot for 900 to 1k at the tops over the next 2 weeks.
Give a proper 2 week update over the weekend.
Peace, negative.

negative37dBA

Veteran
I have to say guys having this site is really important to me. It literally is the only way I get feedback about what I do. Also the only way I get to validate that what I do is pretty ok. I have found myself in a position where I have no other people that I share any of this with....none. It is good in that I get to do what I want but it means that I am always doing it by myself. Sometimes that gets old.
I hope you all have a great week.
Peace, negative.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Getting off the "Bottle".... how I DIY ALL my nutes.

It was a game-changer for many. By far the cheapest nuits available.

Showing them in action is just more proof of the pudding. Plants are starting to rip.

It seems the higher daytime temps have been positive so far, looking good.
Thanks for that. The kind words are nice to hear. That thread has gotten some views...like 11k or so..lol.
Jacks works. If it did not then they would not have the commercial following they do. No mermaids or trippy frogs on the label either. Just science. I have not found a way to produce this quality for less dollar output. I will keep using it for a long time. Plus the fact that I bought the 25 pound bags way back 4 years ago or so. I still have ssoooo much. I can use it for years at this rate.
RDWC rules!! :whee: :tree:
Peace, negative.

Redrum92

Yeah, I would target 77-80 ambient under LED and you should see an improvement. No need for the heater at night. Once you get further into flower you could probably ditch the heater.

Good advice. Adding to this: in my 4x4 tent with LEDs, i found that doing some fiddling with angles/direction and blowing air out from the bottom of the tent, and having fans blowing down from the top of the tent, across the lights helped. Basically trying to get some internal convection going, pushing the heat down, rather than having the traditional method of exhausting the hot air from lights to outside asap (as you would with HPS/CMH) and it seemed to retain a little more of the heat from the LEDs, without retaining too much moisture.

LEDs definitely take a unique setup compared to older HPS/MH because of the radically different heat efficiency factors

negative37dBA

Veteran
I agree with the increased heat being good advice. So far seems to be helping. We are at day 14, end week 2.
No issues that I can see. Water chemistry has been rock solid. I love when you do a change and it looks like you could drink the water it is so clear... 1.4 EC with full strength Jacks and nothing else beside bacteria. I have mentioned this in other threads but a rez change costs me literally a few pennies using Jacks 321!. My little lawn loves the leftover water to.
GG4 clone only day 14.
IMG_8837 - Copy.JPG

Some leaves I have pulling. They look and feel nice. Have a nice silky soft feel to them. I think they look great. The only real damage I am seeing is left over from the tent time. Fan damaged leaf here and there.
IMG_8834 - Copy.JPG

The 2 control leaves. Leaf 1. I see a touch of tip burn here. The leaf next to it is fan damaged.
IMG_8840 - Copy.JPG

Control leaf 2.
IMG_8842 - Copy.JPG

This is a old fan leaf and it is tucked under all the other growth. I see a bit more edge browning. Seems to be slowly increasing. I am not seeing it on other newer growth but I think that's how K def goes... Your thoughts are welcomed.
Got some leggy girls. They got a bit big in the tent. Sexy tho....
IMG_8854 - Copy.JPG

I use the yellow stickys every run. I do a ton of gardening, live in the country and have 3 dogs...something is going to get in eventually. Normally catch a few gnats like this run. I can count how many are there they are so few. Better to have them to to let something get out of control.
Whole room shot day 14.
IMG_8850 - Copy.JPG

Got the big air pump repaired and back up and running.
Not to brag but as per usual I got 100 percent strike rate on my 7 clones...woot!! Day 14.
IMG_8829 - Copy.JPG

IMG_8830 - Copy.JPG

Things are sailing along pretty well. Might need to drop the overall EC just a touch to keep that tip burn at bay. Other than that temps and numbers are all looking great.
Have a great day all. Peace, negative.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Are you still using R/O water with some Jacks, Hormex, and DIY Pool shock to keep it clean?

Not using DWC? What's your setup?

Those roots are plentiful and white.
I am still using the exact same mix which you have said correctly. I do dip the cuts in clonex gel.
It is a Aero cloner setup. Small pvc manifold and a few 360 sprayers. Little pump and your good to go.
Here is a shot of the inside while I was cleaning. Super simple, cheap and works very well.
IMG_8631 - Copy.JPG

Here is what I usually end up with. This was last round. Like bottle brushes.
IMG_8183 - Copy.JPG

Just a light dose of Jacks...around a .3 EC with the Hormex and pool shock. Drop the Hormex the second week and at 14 days I have roots. Let them go another week or so and they look like this or bigger. Run the pump 24/7 and keep ph about 6.0.
Thanks for the nice comments. Always nice to get roots. I have lost count how many dozens of times I have done this to the same strain. Keeping stuff sterile and a healthy mom(s) are my keys.

negative37dBA

Veteran
To give you guys a idea of what happens as the grow progresses here is a couple shots late in flower of last run. This was with no added heat and even colder temps that I started the current run with....like 70 tops. You can clearly see the leaf edges and tips showing the signs.
This is week 6 ish.
IMG_8290 - Copy.JPG

Same exact room, lights, system and nutes as current run.
Here is week 8.
IMG_8384 - Copy.JPG

Kinda hurts to look at these but this is how you get better. Asking for help now and again. Seems pretty straight forward K def but I am not a expert at diagnosing these things. Like I said they still frost up like a beast but better leaf health could mean even more...
Thanks all. Peace, negative.

PadawanWarrior

To give you guys a idea of what happens as the grow progresses here is a couple shots late in flower of last run. This was with no added heat and even colder temps that I started the current run with....like 70 tops. You can clearly see the leaf edges and tips showing the signs.
This is week 6 ish.
View attachment 19017714
Same exact room, lights, system and nutes as current run.
Here is week 8.
View attachment 19017719
Kinda hurts to look at these but this is how you get better. Asking for help now and again. Seems pretty straight forward K def but I am not a expert at diagnosing these things. Like I said they still frost up like a beast but better leaf health could mean even more...
Thanks all. Peace, negative.
Yep. Looks like K deficiency. Have you thought about adding a little extra potassium sulfate this time? Maybe cut back on the N too. They look super dark green. And too much N is antagonistic towards K. They look great still. If your adding lots of Epsom that can antagonize K also.

Latest posts

Latest posts