Freakshow (fern leaf strain) by shapeshifter/humboldt seed company

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
IMG_20240602_101911260.jpg
IMG_20240602_101907852.jpg
IMG_20240602_101845966.jpg

Popey

Veteran
I am currently working on creating a Freakshow Auto. I think I will change my mind that in f2 1 in 4 plants will have freak leaves. Out of 200 f2 seeds sown I only found freak leaves in 10, and I should have about 50.

Frank gallagher

I am currently working on creating a Freakshow Auto. I think I will change my mind that in f2 1 in 4 plants will have freak leaves. Out of 200 f2 seeds sown I only found freak leaves in 10, and I should have about 50.
you're supposed to find 50 if the mutation is linked to 1 gene and that gene is probably recessive.

I think it is more than 1 gene that needs to be present to have to fern like mutation. that's why we're only finding 5% .

Because I have the same "problem" with the line from canna research co. . If you do find a keeper it's worth it tho ;)

Popey

Veteran
I live in 49'N and only autoflowering freakshow makes sense because the full-season version doesn't ripen on time. I don't need freak leaves indoors haha

Yes Frank, it must depend on more than 1 gene. I only found 10 out of 200, 2 of which had freak leaves and were autoflowering. Unfortunately both were male. So I pollinated a female full-season freakshow with them and I'm starting again. Now it will be easier. The autoflowering trait depends only on 1 recessive gene.

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I grew out a couple freakshow from the original release. I would describe the potency as medium/good day weed. The terpenes tho were really unique. The seeds were slow to germinate and the plants grow slow.
I did make a GG4 x Freakshow cross and still run a non-freak F1 from that cross. The potency is bumped up by the GG4 and the terpenes are mostly the Freakshow with a bit of the GG4 funk.
I also have a (GG4 x Freakshow) x Freakshow that is freaky growing, but again real slow to veg.
Flowering time is 9-10 weeks but it veg's like a slow growing indica.
I made some (GG4 x Freakshow) F2 and got about 25% freaks. I also made some (GG4 x Freakshow) x Freakshow and got about 50% freaks.
I got bored and didn't make F3s but I did make a few ((GG4 x Freakshow) x Freakshow) x (Freakshow F2) and those are all freak but also slow growing. I started a couple of these like 2 months ago and they're about 10" tall but are starting to get branchy.
I found the original Freakshow didn't branch much but the crosses are branchier and more xmas tree shaped.
I picked up a pack of the Supafreak, just haven't gotten around to germinating any yet.

driver77

I grew out a couple freakshow from the original release. I would describe the potency as medium/good day weed. The terpenes tho were really unique. The seeds were slow to germinate and the plants grow slow.
I did make a GG4 x Freakshow cross and still run a non-freak F1 from that cross. The potency is bumped up by the GG4 and the terpenes are mostly the Freakshow with a bit of the GG4 funk.
I also have a (GG4 x Freakshow) x Freakshow that is freaky growing, but again real slow to veg.
Flowering time is 9-10 weeks but it veg's like a slow growing indica.
I made some (GG4 x Freakshow) F2 and got about 25% freaks. I also made some (GG4 x Freakshow) x Freakshow and got about 50% freaks.
I got bored and didn't make F3s but I did make a few ((GG4 x Freakshow) x Freakshow) x (Freakshow F2) and those are all freak but also slow growing. I started a couple of these like 2 months ago and they're about 10" tall but are starting to get branchy.
I found the original Freakshow didn't branch much but the crosses are branchier and more xmas tree shaped.
I picked up a pack of the Supafreak, just haven't gotten around to germinating any yet.
I grew a Supafreak awhile back. Terps were just like Freakshow but a much harder punch....still a day weed but definitely moved up in potency. Still a slow vegger and then explodes when flipped.

Latest posts

Latest posts