Freakshow (fern leaf strain) by shapeshifter/humboldt seed company

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
IMG_20240602_101911260.jpg
IMG_20240602_101907852.jpg
IMG_20240602_101845966.jpg

Popey

Veteran
I am currently working on creating a Freakshow Auto. I think I will change my mind that in f2 1 in 4 plants will have freak leaves. Out of 200 f2 seeds sown I only found freak leaves in 10, and I should have about 50.

Frank gallagher

I am currently working on creating a Freakshow Auto. I think I will change my mind that in f2 1 in 4 plants will have freak leaves. Out of 200 f2 seeds sown I only found freak leaves in 10, and I should have about 50.
you're supposed to find 50 if the mutation is linked to 1 gene and that gene is probably recessive.

I think it is more than 1 gene that needs to be present to have to fern like mutation. that's why we're only finding 5% .

Because I have the same "problem" with the line from canna research co. . If you do find a keeper it's worth it tho ;)

Popey

Veteran
I live in 49'N and only autoflowering freakshow makes sense because the full-season version doesn't ripen on time. I don't need freak leaves indoors haha

Yes Frank, it must depend on more than 1 gene. I only found 10 out of 200, 2 of which had freak leaves and were autoflowering. Unfortunately both were male. So I pollinated a female full-season freakshow with them and I'm starting again. Now it will be easier. The autoflowering trait depends only on 1 recessive gene.

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I grew out a couple freakshow from the original release. I would describe the potency as medium/good day weed. The terpenes tho were really unique. The seeds were slow to germinate and the plants grow slow.
I did make a GG4 x Freakshow cross and still run a non-freak F1 from that cross. The potency is bumped up by the GG4 and the terpenes are mostly the Freakshow with a bit of the GG4 funk.
I also have a (GG4 x Freakshow) x Freakshow that is freaky growing, but again real slow to veg.
Flowering time is 9-10 weeks but it veg's like a slow growing indica.
I made some (GG4 x Freakshow) F2 and got about 25% freaks. I also made some (GG4 x Freakshow) x Freakshow and got about 50% freaks.
I got bored and didn't make F3s but I did make a few ((GG4 x Freakshow) x Freakshow) x (Freakshow F2) and those are all freak but also slow growing. I started a couple of these like 2 months ago and they're about 10" tall but are starting to get branchy.
I found the original Freakshow didn't branch much but the crosses are branchier and more xmas tree shaped.
I picked up a pack of the Supafreak, just haven't gotten around to germinating any yet.

driver77

420club
I grew out a couple freakshow from the original release. I would describe the potency as medium/good day weed. The terpenes tho were really unique. The seeds were slow to germinate and the plants grow slow.
I did make a GG4 x Freakshow cross and still run a non-freak F1 from that cross. The potency is bumped up by the GG4 and the terpenes are mostly the Freakshow with a bit of the GG4 funk.
I also have a (GG4 x Freakshow) x Freakshow that is freaky growing, but again real slow to veg.
Flowering time is 9-10 weeks but it veg's like a slow growing indica.
I made some (GG4 x Freakshow) F2 and got about 25% freaks. I also made some (GG4 x Freakshow) x Freakshow and got about 50% freaks.
I got bored and didn't make F3s but I did make a few ((GG4 x Freakshow) x Freakshow) x (Freakshow F2) and those are all freak but also slow growing. I started a couple of these like 2 months ago and they're about 10" tall but are starting to get branchy.
I found the original Freakshow didn't branch much but the crosses are branchier and more xmas tree shaped.
I picked up a pack of the Supafreak, just haven't gotten around to germinating any yet.
I grew a Supafreak awhile back. Terps were just like Freakshow but a much harder punch....still a day weed but definitely moved up in potency. Still a slow vegger and then explodes when flipped.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Starting a miniature pheno hunt of Freakshow.
Popped 10 seeds, 9 sprouted. I think I have 14 more seeds. I mislabeled the two freakshows I had, and lost my frosty cut. Hopefully I find another frosty giant and I'll make seeds with the best looking male to look thru in the future.
IMG_20240803_162918627.jpg

driver77

420club
Did you find this weed gets you high? Mine was more of a novelty as it didn’t really get me high. I still have most of my harvest in jars on the bottom shelf…
Oh yes! Mine have all been very potent. Strong sativa type buzz. I need to pop a few more the wife goes through my stash of it faster than I can grow it. Supafreak was even stronger. Most I've grown came from Shapeshifter's site Hielevationgentics.com The first one I grew was in a Humboldt package a few years back...he acknowledged they were his genetics but wasn't pleased about some part of their deal....not sure what was up there. So I can only speak for that 1 seed and the rest from his site.

cellardwellar420

Ruffle plant from dragonflyearthmedicine

Ruffle plant from dragonflyearthmedicine

I also found a similar leaf expression from a strain @dragonflyearthmedicine is calling ruffle plant (gnome outdoor x papaya)

"dragonflyearthmedicine
Ruffle Plant update!!! The 2 plants that showed the most ruffled leaf variations were planted together and one turned out to be a male and the other a female. So, we bred them and there are viable seeds forming. This ruffle varietal plant showed itself again (after MANY years) from our long time Gnome outdoor genetics crossed with @greensourcegardens papaya strain in a back and forth breeding project that started more than 10 years ago by seeds we passed on to other friends who then bred into itself in Oregon for several years and then passed on those Gnome outdoor seeds to The Peace Seed Family. All in hopes of stabilizing early finishing varieties for all of the PNW. We had not seen this ruffled variety for about 20 years. So, to have it back with added tangy papaya terps and showing total pest and mold resistance is awesome!!!We have been a constant 98% humidity and near freezing nights for a month and yet,,, this amazing Ruffle Plant is thriving and forming seeds and the flowers are loaded with trichomes. We will continue the majik of sharing genetics through breeding projects and give these few seeds out to Pure Certified farms throughout the world to further and strengthen this cannabis anomaly genetic. As the energy of corporate cannabis looms in every nook of this industry, it is important for all of us to keep our focus on the plant as medicine and as a mentor/teacher. Sharing seeds and creating breeding project actualizes our strains. When many people collect data on a particular chemovar then it is protected through Public Domain by actualizing it and creating “prior art” which protects it from corporate cannabis ownership through patent laws. Share your seeds! Plant more seeds!! #ComeUnity #DEMPureCertified #DEMPureGenetics #PublicDomain #PriorArt #RufflePlant"
Looks like a thistel

Latest posts

Latest posts