What's new

For those that enjoy a sharp piece of Steel

streetvibes

my 25yr old flick knife

my 25yr old flick knife

hi all this is my 25yrold flick knife dont no anything about it found it in an old greek mans volvo i just use it for fishing now it looks like a old lock knife but it aint were my finger is thats the button that opens it and you can see the spring i thought it looked diffrent to a lot of knifes anyone got ant info on this design.

I've been looking at collecting bayonets and whatnot, currently got my eyes on AK-47 bayonets from Bulgaria and Poland respectively for 7.99 online... could make useful knives for hiking etc.

Recently got a new camera so I can post some of my collection now. :yes:

I am working on a collection of AK bayonets as well.

I recently got my 3rd one, the one on the right side. Its Bulgarian.

They all come real dull so you would have to do quite a sharpening before it would be too useful for camping and hiking but it would be great at it once sharp.

I look for very clean ones that have not been sharpened much if at all so i have no plans for mine other than collecting.

I have plenty of other knives to scratch up.

Akbayonets1.jpg

Akbayonets2.jpg

Lollipops

sometimes i think i should get a nice everyday pocket knife but then i figure im just going to ruin it by picking out beat bowls with it, i cant think of much more i would do with it. what do you guys do with them?

pearlemae

May your race always be in your favor
Veteran
Carried a swiss army knife, tinker model, for years you'd be surprised how often you use, it if you have one.

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think that the school's typical overreaction, zero-tolerance bullshit has had a huge impact on what is probably the most useful everyday tool that you can have. I've had one in my pocket since about 2nd grade (almost 50 years ago) and would feel naked without it.

R

Rysam

This in the glovebox on the wheelin rig.
3576.jpg

one like to the one on the bottom right is never far away
1_882152eaa81faf310f25622757b84a06.jpg

and leathemans(men?) in the wifes glovebox and tackle box.
leatherman-super-tool-300.jpg

I just sent in a broken cheapo leatherman for warranty and they sent me a brand new vintage 1985 model.. its sweet! and sharp as a razor.

I

Iron_Lion

Here is my new toy, it's a KaBar BK2 Campanion survival knife.

This thing is a beast, the blade is a 1/4 inch thick and can pretty much take anything you could throw at it. It can split fire wood, chop thru tree limbs or even bust thru walls or doors. It's like a sharpened slab of steel.

It's got some nice weight to it and has a full tang design. If used for self defense you wouldnt even need to stab your attacker just whack them with the back side of the blade or the pomel and you'd break their skull lol. It even does well with finer slicing, I tried it out on an apple and was able to get slices about 1/16th of an inch thick.

I did a lot of research before I bought this one and for $60 I believe it cannot be beat for a knife in it's category.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Garhart

On a plane, sat next to a man who worked for Leather-man. He gave me the neatest little tiny one. I will try to post a picture of it . If it does not work, what it looks like , is a tie tack sized version of the regular.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Latest posts