What's new

For Anyone (USA only) who is on Medicare and an Advantage Program (Part C)

knucklehead bob

Veteran
Next step is to get a Medicare plan that covers medical marijuana!

..... and CBD Oil!:tiphat:

I wouldn't get my hopes up with the DEA saying this shit

Synthetic THC is safer than actual weed, according to the DEA

The DEA has officially decided that a notorious fentanyl manufacturer’s synthetic marijuana product is safer and more medically valuable than actual weed.
https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/...Y82_rTjYCIceG0ycg7pL9J-5W66LEHkkco4vXJzoakK9w

dddaver

Veteran
According to Google: "Most people don't pay a Part A premium because they paid Medicare taxes while working. If you don't get premium-free Part A, you pay up to $437 each month. The standard Part B premium amount in 2019 is $135.50 or higher depending on your income."

right

I'm not paying anything. I'm not sure if I have medi medi or what ,but it's not straight Medicare. I bully them into looking it up with my social security number. I used to have to pay copays.

Slim Pickens

Veteran
I signed up for Part C yesterday. (Wed the 4th)Only thing is that my monthly $ is unknown at this point.There is a penalty for not signing up upon turning 65.I was overseas and could not use Medicare A..B or C.I signed up for Part B,but went no further because at the time,I was convinced I would never return to the US.You know what they say about never saying never.Now,I wait to see what the penalty actually is,and if there is a limit.If there is no limit,I may be paying through the nose for already overly expensive health care.

I may end up going back overseas.Probably not,but I won't be happy.

right

I went in to town and went into social security yesterday. Rude and useless as always .They did give me a number for HICAP though,they said they could help with silver sneakers

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I had to sign-up for Medicare last week on the day before the supplement deadline. edit: The tee vee ads say it is open still until 12-15. Turns out that since I was already retired, I was automatically signed up for A and B. They hadn't sent me the card so a trip to the SS office and the office printed me one up.

Armed with that document (number actually and it is different from the SSN), I called BC/BS in my state and signed up for part D before the deadline. With them there were 2 choices, free or $140/mo. I chose free. So instead of paying $285/mo for BC/BS now I will pay $145 for medicare and $0 for BC/BS, $145 total - and less than I was paying before. As someone said already, that is because I have paid in my whole working life and this is one of those boomer deals. I rarely use the MIC, so we'll see.

I am trying to get the two docs I do see to take cash or trade, and sidestep the MIC and all the .guv control over my health. One is a native American who hates pharma, and I am helping him and his MD wife see the light. :biggrin:

Last edited:

White Beard

A world-war-one boomer deal, maybe: WW2 boomers weren’t in power - barely old enough to vote - when Medicare went through.

The SSN was replaced as the Medicare ID for security reasons, and just recently.
What means “MIC”?

After three years I can only ask what “.guv control” you’re encountering?
I just go to the doctor, get treatment, and pay very little....

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
MIC- Medicaid Integrity Program (MIP) if you have Medicaid.

You have to pay Part B in order to be on an Advantage Medicare Plan.

I was on Humana where Silver Sneakers was an extra $30 a month on top of the $128 of Plan B. Switched to United- SS is free, however, I've never had a Rx deductible....until now. Once paid, mail order Rx is free.

Shows DJT's drug plan hasn't been reviewed, even if he touts such great savings...

TynanKauphusman

Hi there! I'm glad to hear that you've found a silver lining in your old age! I know that exercise is important for our health, so I'm glad that you're taking advantage of the Silver Sneakers program. I hope you can stay active and healthy for many years to come! I had no idea that most Advantage Plans included a free gym membership. That is awesome! I guess it's better than Medicare plan n vs plan g. I'm definitely going to look into that. Thanks for the heads up! Take care of yourself.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts