What's new

Ferrari, Porsche or Mustang ?

s13sr20det

admit nothing, deny everything, and demand proof.
Veteran
cool RWB porsche build video! check it out

https://youtu.be/u1ZhySaz648

21301809642_a93f5672b6_b.jpg

Last edited:

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
That's the kicker about Porsche, they are their own kind of animal. I have driven hundreds of Porsche, and as soon as you go driving something else around the track, hop back in the Porsche. Its like learning all over again. It just wants to Paul walker you at every possible opportunity. Its fun to finesse them through a esses uphills or a downhill decel, but stay on your toes man, she will bite you!

I was at the track one day with a '94 twin turbo modified 911 and there is a guy who is a sick driver, test driver and such. He says mind if I wheel it. I said sure but its not mine so you bend it you buy it. Two laps later he comes back gets out and says wtf is wrong with it?? It goes two thousand mph and then any input to the steering the hind end wants to race the front end. He was shaking. That car was no joke. My butthole was like a rabbits nose in that car. Dicey at best. The owner wadded it on the street about a month later. So much for those driving lessons I gave him.

I love cars!

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
That's the story a Willow Springs Raceway..

That's the story a Willow Springs Raceway..

That's the kicker about Porsche, they are their own kind of animal. I have driven hundreds of Porsche, and as soon as you go driving something else around the track, hop back in the Porsche. Its like learning all over again. It just wants to Paul walker you at every possible opportunity. Its fun to finesse them through a esses uphills or a downhill decel, but stay on your toes man, she will bite you!

I was at the track one day with a '94 twin turbo modified 911 and there is a guy who is a sick driver, test driver and such. He says mind if I wheel it. I said sure but its not mine so you bend it you buy it. Two laps later he comes back gets out and says wtf is wrong with it?? It goes two thousand mph and then any input to the steering the hind end wants to race the front end. He was shaking. That car was no joke. My butthole was like a rabbits nose in that car. Dicey at best. The owner wadded it on the street about a month later. So much for those driving lessons I gave him.

I love cars!

The Big Willow Track at Willow Springs Raceway (The Fastest Track in the west) Rosemond California , 2.5 miles.

Turn 9, the last turn before the start/finish line. A downhill decreasing radius turn with a dip

The pucker factor is High. 911's can eat up this corner, but you must power through the turn (Yikes!)

If you lift - in the weeds Haha!

Mr.Miner

My boss has a bunch of Porsche's including an '86 black/light grey cabriolet- mint- with 22k on it. I think they made like 7 or so of them.So last year he takes it to his mechanic for bulbs and shit and the guy takes it out for a ride and...slams someone from behind and totals the front end. 10k in damage but much more than that in many ways. He couldn't even talk about it with me for 6 months or so.

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
That's so sad..

That's so sad..

My boss has a bunch of Porsche's including an '86 black/light grey cabriolet- mint- with 22k on it. I think they made like 7 or so of them.So last year he takes it to his mechanic for bulbs and shit and the guy takes it out for a ride and...slams someone from behind and totals the front end. 10k in damage but much more than that in many ways. He couldn't even talk about it with me for 6 months or so.

I have one two inch blemish on mine from years back.

I haven't wrecked it but I have been off track. These old 911's really take a beating. Drive like hell all day at the track and drive it 100 miles home :biggrin:

Then cruise it through the Malibu Canyon roads in the morning...

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Yes exactly, have to keep throttle or look out newt, headed for the rhubarb! The weight transfer with the rear engine is a beast all its own!

Goes like I'm good I'm good fuck fuck fuck I'm good fuck im good whew that was close. Hahaa good fun!

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
Gotta Love those Ferraris..

Gotta Love those Ferraris..

in this mornings paper, nice beast.View Image

The dealer is at the bottom of my hill :biggrin:

My good friends Dad has owned more than 70 various Ferraris over the years.

When they have a Ferrari Car show on T.V. they always talk to Ed Niles. He knows more about them than anyone else that I know.

Love fast cars...

s13sr20det

admit nothing, deny everything, and demand proof.
Veteran
Protect ya neck!!!! Omg Bobby
If I had that kind of money, I'd probably do something stupid and build a 3 rotor FD

picture.php

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Unfortunately it's not mine I just got to take it out.
that's so very kind of you to test drive her for me as well bobby:biggrin:,, , If you could call me when she is safely on the ship and I will expect her in the uk just before Xmas lol,lol, thanks again bobby I always wanted a red fezzer for Xmas lol,,,s2:tiphat:

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
Ahh... Just took the Carrera for a spin..

Ahh... Just took the Carrera for a spin..

Went from my house, up Topanga Canyon to Mullholland Hwy to the Rock Store then on to Kanan Road then to Pacific Coast Highway then back to my house via Topanga Canyon Blvd.

Took about an hour, only let the tail step out once, only locked up the brakes once. Passed many slower cars :biggrin:

Lots of sports cars out this morning :party: nothing like driving thr Santa Monica Mountains on a crisp Saturday morning

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Went from my house, up Topanga Canyon to Mullholland Hwy to the Rock Store then on to Kanan Road then to Pacific Coast Highway then back to my house via Topanga Canyon Blvd.

Took about an hour, only let the tail step out once, only locked up the brakes once. Passed many slower cars :biggrin:

Lots of sports cars out this morning :party: nothing like driving thr Santa Monica Mountains on a crisp Saturday morning
I am pretty sure one of the slower cars that you passed would have been me in our SL lol,,, tail out on 911=lovely, ,tail out on the SL at 15 mph= shit
Lol,,,,,s2:tiphat:

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
I took my racing rubber off a few years ago

I took my racing rubber off a few years ago

I am pretty sure one of the slower cars that you passed would have been me in our SL lol,,, tail out on 911=lovely, ,tail out on the SL at 15 mph= shit
Lol,,,,,s2:tiphat:

I'm pretty sure I didn't go over 150kph (3rd gear). Second and third gears are sweet in the twisties.

Also lots of racy motorcycles on the road. It's fun to blow by the cruizing Harleys.

Oh and the usual Speed Traps, but I know where they are. (The Cops have no radio in the canyon)

Peace - It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood