What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Felt cute. Made a log. Might delete, later.

ganja.queen

hey there 👋🏼

I’m feeling less paranoid than usual and decided to make a thread, documenting my way through an experiment.

After being inspired many moons ago by drbudgreengenes I always wanted to do a perpetual SOG. It is time.

This Guava Fritter seedling was an unplanned pregnancy found inside bud I smoked. Will take a clone soon and put it in 12/12 as soon as rooted for sexing. It’s ~2 weeks old.

IMG_6173.png

Other genetics will make an appearance in the near future (Cheese and C99, coming soon). The goal is to have a few solid bonsai moms for the SOG clones. Flowering will take place in 16 oz and 1 liter bottles for comparison. There’s going to be lots of experimenting as it gets dialed in.

I’ve a few different tools to work with when it comes to lighting: 150w CFL (dual spectrum), 210w (actual) Samsung LED (dual), an old 400w MH / HPS cool tube + bulbs with low hours on them, and various house light LED bulbs.

Flower tent is 3 x 3. Clones and Mothers will be kept micro style 24 h in a small dresser converted for growing with the household LEDs. Clones will be flowered at different heights ranging from 1”-6”. It will be several grows before I get it right so if you feel like it, stick around, learn from my mistakes and maybe giggle a few times.

I owe the majority of this idea and the things I’ll try to dr bud. I’ll talk more about his methods throughout the grow as I’ve heavily researched everything he’s posted 🤓

Not interested in doing things the “right” way, I mostly want to have fun and try some shit. 👩‍🔬

If that sounds cool to you I hope to have you around and feel free to comment.

Last edited:

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
hey there 👋🏼

I’m feeling less paranoid than usual and decided to make a thread, documenting my way through an experiment.

After being inspired many moons ago by drbudgreengenes I always wanted to do a perpetual SOG. It is time.

This Guava Fritter seedling was an unplanned pregnancy from bud I bought from a local dispensary. Will take a clone soon and put it in 12/12 as soon as rooted for sexing. It’s ~1 week old.

View attachment 19034841

Other genetics will make an appearance in the near future (Cheese and C99, coming soon). The goal is to have a few solid bonsai moms for the SOG clones. Flowering will take place in 16 oz and 1 liter bottles for comparison. There’s going to be lots of experimenting as it gets dialed in.

I’ve a few different tools to work with when it comes to lighting: 150w CFL (dual spectrum), 210w (actual) Samsung LED (dual), an old 400w MH / HPS cool tube + bulbs with low hours on them, and various house light LED bulbs.

Flower tent is 3 x 3. Clones and Mothers will be kept micro style 24 h in a small dresser converted for growing with the household LEDs. Clones will be flowered at different heights ranging from 1”-6”. It will be several grows before I get it right so if you feel like it, stick around, learn from my mistakes and maybe giggle a few times.

I owe the majority of this idea and the things I’ll try to dr bud. I’ll talk more about his methods throughout the grow as I’ve heavily researched everything he’s posted 🤓

Not interested in doing things the “right” way, I mostly want to have fun and try some shit. 👩‍🔬

If that sounds cool to you I hope to have you around and feel free to comment.
Thank you for posting friend. Sounds like a fun ride, I'll ride with you.

Nannymouse

Once, a long long time ago, i set up some three foot wire shelves on a dirt basement floor. Then stapled canvas drop cloths to the joists for 'walls' for a 'closet'. No heat down there, so took a crockpot, filled full of water, and set that on the floor of the 'closet'. For lighting, it was the old flouro shop lights, which also made a bit of heat. I've never heard of anyone doing anything quite that low tech, but it worked! You'll do fine.

ganja.queen

Once, a long long time ago, i set up some three foot wire shelves on a dirt basement floor. Then stapled canvas drop cloths to the joists for 'walls' for a 'closet'. No heat down there, so took a crockpot, filled full of water, and set that on the floor of the 'closet'. For lighting, it was the old flouro shop lights, which also made a bit of heat. I've never heard of anyone doing anything quite that low tech, but it worked! You'll do fine.
You were determined to grow something lol, I have a lot of respect for that. There’s something charming about having to do with what you have. Thank you for stopping by 🙏

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Sounds interesting 🤔 - I'm always an advocate for growing as cheaply as possible - and do so on my little balcony every year with a few plants 🪴 - here's this years small crop of Zamaldelica's and Malawi X NL - some just coming into flower 🌼 (can see tiny white hairs on the bigger ones) - all feminised auto's from Ace Seeds -
2024-07-2007.57.457078158831231268994.jpg

CharlesU Farley

Did this in 1981, film developed and printed at Fotomat. :ROFLMAO:

1000012364.jpg

ganja.queen

Sounds interesting 🤔 - I'm always an advocate for growing as cheaply as possible - and do so on my little balcony every year with a few plants 🪴 - here's this years small crop of Zamaldelica's and Malawi X NL - some just coming into flower 🌼 (can see tiny white hairs on the bigger ones) - all feminised auto's from Ace Seeds -
Looks like you're good at keeping the ladies happy 😌 they're looking great. Would love to see how they look at full flower. Subbed to your journal so I don't miss it.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Looks like you're good at keeping the ladies happy 😌 they're looking great. Would love to see how they look at full flower. Subbed to your journal so I don't miss it.
As my now deceased Mum (RIP) - always said to me 'Ladies should always come first' - she had a very Victorian upbringing - where men were expected to open doors - and throw their coats over puddles for the ladies - to go first - in the days of chivalry and kindness to the fairer sex - so every morning my cannabis ladies get pampered and watered first - before I do anything else -

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
IMG_3295.gif

ganja.queen

Set the clone cab up. Almost forgot I had a 30w LED with cree diodes, used for a planted tank.

It seems perfect for clones and gives more height vs house LEDs.

Found a pair of scrap square brackets and screws to make a mount for it.

It's kept under a desk where it's hard to notice unless you're sitting there.

Temps were tested and despite being the early stages of hell outside, 82F was peak.

It's not light proof but good enough for my situation.

4.png

5.png

Guava Fritter had a bit of a haircut today to start the bonsai branching. For fun, I'm attempting to clone the cut even though it's less than 1". Dipped it in honey, stuck it in perlite. I don't expect much but would be cool if something happens.

Then I can figure out is this a male or female.

1.png

2.png

ganja.queen

Here's what the cab used to look like before making the doors and painting it

lol.png

One time I flowered a Critical Jack Herer in there. This is 5 weeks and last photo I have, unfortunately.

5.jpg

It was one of a few I grew from seed.

6.png

I've always been amazed at what you can do with a small space.

Last edited:

ganja.queen

Realizing I forgot to talk about my soil. It will likely change, but for now I'm using leftovers from my outdoor container garden.

In a large sterilite bin I mixed:
  • 6 gallons of perlite and organic soil (40/60)
  • 1 gallon worm castings
  • .75 gallon vermiculite
  • 1 gallon mushroom compost
  • 1.5 cups bone meal
  • 1 cup Garden Tone Herb & Vegetable Food (3-4-4)
Adding 1Tbsp Azomite (0.2% soluble potash, 1.8% calcium, 0.5% magnesium, 0.1% sodium) during watering.

Espom salt in flowering. Will need to experience a few cycles to learn how much and how often.

Sorry for the mix of imperial and metric. One day us Americans will fully get it together. The mix is a bit weird since it was leftovers but I guess that will be an experiment, too lol

For nutes I'll use a mix of Korean Natural Farming and JADAM...leaning more toward KNF. I have a JADAM vegetative stage fertilizer mix going outside in a 25 gallon container and it smells like an outhouse. Can't imagine that in a tent.

Last edited: