What's new

FC-3000

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Fc3000
Man it's too hot for this game, even with LEDs, 600w in one bedroom, this weather, needs a fan swapping air out of the room.
Running out of nutes didn't help, the internet running out of nutes helped less. Had to change my brand of soil grow, to growth tech ionic.
Won't break any records this grow, it's just too hot.

Seems the site is knackered, tried for 37 mins to upload a pic, no go.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Still won't let me upload a pic,

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
IMG_20220905_172543~3.jpg

Finally, don't know why that uploaded, but I'll take it for now.
Producer under the fc3. Hope I made a note of dates somewhere or I'm clueless, but looks about half way ish.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
I did make notes on dates, they are roughly 5 weeks in. Another month till I can smoke them and enough weed to last 2 more days 😓. I need to grow more or smoke less.

Reactions: Gry

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Just a little attempt to try and play the s.o.g. game with one plant. It's now at 6 weeks, and two buds down :smokeit:.
It's ready, but I'm trying to leave it to get a bit "more ready" or being honest, to gain a few extra grams. I'm concerned that may hit quality though. My real concern is I fed her last week, and I don't normally harvest until the fade has had a chance to smooth the smoke. No fade yet.

Should I drop the light on her and blast her, knowing it will cause damage to leaves that will be removed anyway, harvest and say fuck it, at least I know the buds good, let's see how it cures; or should I leave her the normal time and hope no mold makes an appearance or not too much thc degrades?
Oh the stresses of being a grower lol.
I'll get another pic at harvest, whenever I hit breaking point.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Careful not to get over the optimum harvest timeframe tho, you may not like the changes in effect. I am sure a few grams are nothing worthy of risking that. Unless you like more narcotic effects..

Reactions: GMT

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
I grow for the narcotic effects, I don't get high, I get stoned. Trouble is, once too much thc degrades, the narco influences disappear and you're just left with weak weed. I don't really get the whole "leave it longer to get knocked out." It's just not the way I've found it to be. Maybe that applies to sativas more than indicas? I don't know. Thing is, (I should check if I've miscounted, I've done that before) it's an 8 week plant and were week 6. I could understand a few days, even a week, but two weeks early? It doesn't make sense. Could it running out of nutes early on, and going through a tough week dropping leaves, really knock 25% off it's flowering time? If so, I may try it again lol.

Cerathule

I'm not realy sure how it is but the trichome ripening seems to be based on time, just as the constant temperature is the driver for this cannainoide degradation.
But to look at trich sites always means to look at different time frames of when these were established first - henceforth their internal clock ticks. You get an average of these always.
Only giving water may cause the plant to throw less new pistills (broscience by me now), let's say at least when there isn't much of relevant NPK left elsewhere to grab for it.

Reactions: GMT

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
I'm really sorry everyone, I've just been back through the thread to get the actual start date, I fucked up the running count somewhere along the lines. I just look back to the last count, and count from there in these threads. I'm a good week out, it's 8 weeks from switch, so this is 7 weeks into flower not 6. Still early, but I can call that a stress response and call it a day. Sorry again for the misinfo, promise I'm not just trying to get my view count up lol.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Plants look like they should go at least another week, so they don't seem early to me. If you like it more narcotic, I think even 2 weeks + is a good bet. But watch those trichomes, it's the easiest way to know where you stand.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
plant looks impressive, should be a good pull. Ikwym about the heat.. been a brutal year for heat.
What genetics is 'The producer' ? sorry if i missed where you already said...
VG :tiphat:

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Hey VG, it's a descendant of OJD's work. He sent me a package of a bunch of his stuff back in 13. I've been playing with this line for a while, by which I mean making new generations, and to be honest, I stopped playing with the line after finding this one. The line is his NYCJ X OG Chem. Which I'm assuming is Soma's nycd X greatfullheads Casey Jones to, well you know.
Not that tasty, but it can put me to sleep, after a few. The main requirement for anything to be kept around here.

Took some photos, since I've been starving the thread recently.

First the tric claims, here they are, the best I can get with my phone.
IMG_20220914_171350~2.jpg

Current full plant,
IMG_20220914_171012~2.jpg

IMG_20220914_171042~2.jpg

Doesn't seem there's a way to put two photos side by side, if there was, this would look better.

IMG_20220914_171106~2.jpg
IMG_20220914_171119~2.jpg

Last edited: