What's new

FC-3000

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Has anyone got any experience or knowledge of this stuff? I suspect this summer will be a scorcher.
Description
Vitalink Chill is designed to encourage plants to not only cope when temperatures rise above 30 degrees Celsius but to thrive in these climates. Tested in the glasshouses of the Middle East, Vitalink Chill is an advanced biostimulant for growers that want to achieve maximum yield, cost-effectively and using advanced technology.
Benefits include:
  • Protects against heat stress
  • Prevents flower abortion
  • Allows side shoots to grow on
  • Produces more growth hormone

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have been battling high temps for a long while,,,
Be very interested if this product does what it says should you go with it GMT,,,

Reactions: GMT

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
It's not actually expensive, so I'll include a bottle in the next order.
I've been wondering what a good test will be. I think the best way would be to grow 2 cuts of the same plant side by side under the tsl2000, and use it one one and not the other. Then weigh and taste the difference.

Speaking of which, since Ive already shown the tsl grow in this thread, I'll do a quick update on that grow.
It's doing nicely, pics
IMG_20220507_131157~2.jpg

IMG_20220507_131240~2.jpg

In the future, I'm only going to do one picture per post. But a few posts at a time. That's because the site has switched to 20 posts per page. If each post is full of high Def. Pics, it becomes a nightmare to view on a phone. But I don't think most want the quality of pictures to be downgraded, although some do. This is the best work around I can think of.

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
That’s a good idea plus doing a “ side by side” will let you know if taste and odour was better with or worse without etc,,,,
holding off on my new run so I don’t go into bloom in July n August,,
pulling in fresh air not gonna do it when the outside temps are in the high 80s,,

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
S2, and there we have one of the main advantages of led tech. The ability to turn them down as far as needed. I can go down to 10% power if needed, though I'd hate to see the state of the buds if I did. Still, small buds are better than no buds. Couldn't you just use one light in one room for personal? Or just keeping more of May's buds back to hold you over?

Lol 3berries. I know how you feel. I need another too. I've got 2 TS1000's and an SP150 sitting in boxes, doing nothing right now. I love the 2.3*2.3 tents, but I'm going to get another 2*4 so I can put the TS's to work.

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
S2, and there we have one of the main advantages of led tech. The ability to turn them down as far as needed. I can go down to 10% power if needed, though I'd hate to see the state of the buds if I did. Still, small buds are better than no buds. Couldn't you just use one light in one room for personal? Or just keeping more of May's buds back to hold you over?

Lol 3berries. I know how you feel. I need another too. I've got 2 TS1000's and an SP150 sitting in boxes, doing nothing right now. I love the 2.3*2.3 tents, but I'm going to get another 2*4 so I can put the TS's to work.
cheers GMT,,,,
I be knocking it down to two lamps and I’m also away for two weeks in July,,,
so they can sit in ten litre pots under one DS and veg away whilst I’m away,,,lol
probably run six each of three varieties and keeping the numbers down so using just one lamp if necessary won’t be too bad,,,

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Ah Holliday's always ruin a good grow. How will you provide for their watering requirements while you're away? Do you have a grow elf who can pop in and do the bare minimum?

I'm comparing my grows at the moment, and although the TS is a week behind the FC, it's clear that I got more veg growth quicker (ie the plant grew bigger in the same time frame) under the FC model. Until the buds are done I can't really judge anything else yet, other than temp and brightness. Brightness I've done, temp, I have a fan for the TS, I don't for the FC, and both tents are roughly the same temp. The FC is also in a smaller tent.
The FC has side bars that can be used to hold the unit, these stay cool enough to hold the unit, the TS gets hot, but the metal is the heat sink, so you would expect that.
The TS fits easily in the 4*2, the FC was touching the material. It needed the extra space the 2.3*2.3 provides. Horses for courses I guess, waiting to see the buds from the FC still. Into week 3 now (from pistils).

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ah Holliday's always ruin a good grow. How will you provide for their watering requirements while you're away? Do you have a grow elf who can pop in and do the bare minimum?

I'm comparing my grows at the moment, and although the TS is a week behind the FC, it's clear that I got more veg growth quicker (ie the plant grew bigger in the same time frame) under the FC model. Until the buds are done I can't really judge anything else yet, other than temp and brightness. Brightness I've done, temp, I have a fan for the TS, I don't for the FC, and both tents are roughly the same temp. The FC is also in a smaller tent.
The FC has side bars that can be used to hold the unit, these stay cool enough to hold the unit, the TS gets hot, but the metal is the heat sink, so you would expect that.
The TS fits easily in the 4*2, the FC was touching the material. It needed the extra space the 2.3*2.3 provides. Horses for courses I guess, waiting to see the buds from the FC still. Into week 3 now (from pistils).
Yes,,,,
little elf nips in to give them water only,,
keep it nice and simple ,,,no elf’s getting creative,,,

hazepadano

Padre Sereno
Belle! Penso che lavori con la lampada (FC) troppo distante. La sto usando anche io, ti suggerisco di diminuire

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
S2, lol yeah, never let an elf get creative.

Hazepadano, grazie. è la mia prima corsa con questa luce, quindi la lascio cadere lentamente per verificare la presenza di segni di bruciatura. potresti dirmi a che distanza dalle cime tieni la tua?

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
dont worry mate u can keep it even closer than that provided they get enaugh cal mag. if you get too close you'll see the Ca def first on those leaves that are most exposed. 30 cm is about right for afc3000, anyway.

hazepadano

Padre Sereno
io nn ho notato nessun problema di cal Mag e le piante spremute in cocco vaso da 2,4 litri, sog 30 piante.
Negli ultimi giorni di vegetazione e nelle prime di fioritura nebulizza acqua dell' acquedotto a pH 5.5 ei micro li hai tutti.
Se nebulizzazione (correttoa pH) le piante riprende benissimo i micro nn i macro.
Qui nn hai le lenti (led con tipo vecchi migro), o lo spettro (tipo led blu e rosso) qui la abbassi riesci a coprire e finché nn bruci.
da esperienza confermo i 30 cm e considera un canapo da 40

Last edited:

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
They look energetic :love:
Hey Mars, glad you like her, remember that's one plant 😎.
Amazing growth considering how it looked a month ago (post 1). This FC is the bee's knees.
I don't know if it's the new chips, the design, the extra power or the UV that's making this thing explode, but whatever it is, I'm loving it.
Have you any plans (I know, I know, plans are top secret, but no one's watching, you can tell me lol) to do an FCL version? Or is that basically the SP light? Will the new TS units have these new chips in just minus the UV?
Or are you keeping the TS as a budget light?
Still need to wait and see how this light finishes buds, but this may be a new record gram per square feet for me. Where I live, that's more important than gram per watt.

Explosive, I'll let the buds grow into it a bit now, and watch them carefully. The hesi boost, has Cal mag, iron and a bunch of other led friendly stuff in it. I've been giving her a little squirt of that with most waterings since she went under this light. It's really helping to avoid previous led issues.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Hazepadano, I took a look at your jungle, very busy is all I can say. If I tried that here in the UK, I'd pull buds that look like cotton wool out. The mold would be terrible. Props to you for managing that

hazepadano

Padre Sereno
io vecchio coltivatore di hps son abituato ai 30 gradi e Ur al 70%! Purtroppo vivo in pianura e abbiamo un clima di merda umido e caldo, purtroppo l'Italia nn è solo fatta delle belle cartoline che vi fanno vedere!
mi sfugge in sub sei ma i micro li prende a pH da 5 a 6. Lavori con un vasone e le cose si fanno lunghe (sta lampada vegeta in splendida fioritura considera che ti spinge 40 cm, bravo a sgrog).
Ti consiglio di stabilizzare il vaso a 6.5 e intervenire con vaporizzazioni a 5.5