What's new

Farmers Market for Clones in Clearlake..

Status
Not open for further replies.

justalilrowdy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
If it was a 'Left Coast Growers' baby at GKG (up to about one month or more ago) it was CD91 from a chem collector from Sac.:smokeit:

This is the history of the Chem Dawg from Good Karma... It came in about a year ago from a vendor who told me it was the 91.. later he told me maybe it wasnt the 91 but Chem Dawgs sister?? He no longer vends for us but alot of other vendors picked it up so we have 3 or 4 vendors who bring that Chem Dawg in as well as Left Coast. Legitimate Chem 91? I dont know.. It is what it is as they say. Its a nice product finished. I am not a huge fan of the chem dawg strains but I know its good quality medicine just too unruley to grow and herms with the least stress.
I dont know anything about a chem collector from sacramento bringing anything in.

trybud

I have no idea what it is either. It's definitely not the '91, apothocary'91 or the D. No matter though, it's a chem and if you aren't into 'name brands' then you will enjoy her. i never had a hermie problem in 3 runs..ive since moved on from this one but it's all just a matter of preference.

UnknownProphet

???do?Pu?ou?uU
Veteran
Unfortunately it's a name game so we all need to get used to it. I don't approve or like it either, but money will forever make people falsify name brand strains. I know for a fact that Good Karma does their very best at getting legit genetics and vendors.
From what I've read up on (mind you I still take this with a grain of salt) this seems to be the same story that pops up when the Chemdawg debate get too confused. I would consider this this to be the closest real account of how Chemdawg came to be...
Quoted from Rez..
"Brief background:

At a Grateful Dead show at Deer Creek Amphitheatre, 'joebrand' (aka 'wonkanobe') and 'pbud' met 'chemdog' and sold him an ounce of very high quality pot for $500. joe and chemdog exchanged numbers and they later arranged for two ounces to be shipped to chemdog on the east coast. According to chemdog, one ounce was seedless and the other had 13 seeds.

In ’91, chemdog popped the first 4 seeds. From these seeds, one male was found and disposed of (chemdog was young, you can’t blame him). The 3 females were labeled ‘chemdawg’ (now ’91 chemdawg), ‘chemdawg a’ (now chemdawg’s sister), and ‘chemdawg b’. In '01, chemdog and his girlfriend attempted to germ 3 more seeds, labeled ‘c’, ‘d’, and ‘e’. the ‘e’ seed never germinated, ‘c’ turned out to be junk (according to chemdog), and chemdawg ‘d’ was the keeper. In '06, 'chemdog' and 'joebrand' reunited and joe was given 4 of the last 6 beans: Chemdawg phenos 1-4, '4' being the chosen keeper. Joe thought the '4' was the best representation of the original and thus dubbed it the 'reunion pheno'. Chemdog still has two seeds left in his stash..."

I've heard this same story with variations on how Soma got his NYCD aswell, so I mean believe what you want, but in reality just grow it out and see for yourself. And if it's coming from good karma more than likely you will not be disappointed.

Here's some pics of the best Chemdawg I've had, don't know which it was, but it was amazing.

This is what I considered the best representation of Chemdawg, I got it surprisingly from Harbor Side, right around when they first opened, I bought an eight at 55 then went back the next day and bought and ounce at like some ridiculous 400 dollars or so. But honestly I do it again and again, because it was just that above and beyond anything else you could get. My buddies and I are no newbies to smoking and I remember a night when we all had smoked copious amounts of all of our best throughout the night, then I gave everyone a single bong load of that Chemdawg and we were noticeably much MUCH more medicated. I seen it come through once more there and jumped at the ounce, it wasn't as good as the first time, but it was still so stellar I kept it for about a year, only special occasion smoke, ya dig? The pics above are after about six months extra of a cure, thus more of a golden tinge. The buds were originally very light almost white with very dark green leaves, medium density, long thinner buds, with a powerful chemical diesel smell that was apparent a year later.
Sorry for this elongated rant, but I figured I'd throw my pennies in. Peace all.

~ʇǝɥdoɹPuʍouʞuU

h&r

That quote is not originally Pez's, but a tired old questionable diddy from Jason Kings "Cannabible"

There are 3 totally different highly quoted storys of chemdog and OG.

Regardless it all started in a region somewhere near Afghanistan, So why we fight over where chemdog is from in the US to me is redundant.

Theres always gonna be something better, to me I think the pink afghan buds are cooler.

I personally relate more to the story about ChemDog coming out of COlorado, Because I was on tour and at the shows in Co in 93.

UnknownProphet

???do?Pu?ou?uU
Veteran
Please believe I'm not saying that I'm right and your wrong, this is definitely an enigma of a strain, but I did get this quote from this very site on under the Reservoir Seed forum on general info on his chemdawgD project
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=77296
And you are preaching to the choir...
I stopped believing Jason King after he was (via online during good ol' OG days) asking me what the make up of GDP was before he put it in #3. I don't think this type of info should be second hand let alone through someone on the net, even if it is me. Although I was straight up with him and told him what I knew, it made me question others' motives. I believe that published works shouldn't have to be redacted as he did on a bunch of strains in #3. Why do you think after 3 he made no more? I believe because he finally realized the name game is bs and beyond traveling the world, getting the run around in the states can;t be too fun. As I said I'm not high and mighty in this debate, what I'm mainly trying to make clear is it's a name game.

ʇǝɥdoɹPuʍouʞuU

h&r

no worries bubba, I was basically backing up your name game feelings...

just wanted to say Pez "borrowed" what you have in the bold quotes there from the Cannababble...

here's some pics of some strains i picked up from good karma a few months ago. everything is at 53 days flower in 7gal pots with subcools super soil. these are under 2x1000 hps. sorry about the poor quality of the pics, if anyone has any suggestions on how to rotate them or remove the yellow tint then let me know.

paranormal:

picture.php

chemdog:

picture.php

schrom:

picture.php

bubba kush

picture.php

skunk x afghani

picture.php

and here's a kryptonite x (blueberry x (g13xhashplant)), not from GK

picture.php

Im sick of this chem dog, I ve been grown this chem strain from gkg for about a year now. Its seem plain jane to me. The yield is good but not great.the smell is good but nothing special. and it does throw some late hermies. And so is it the real 91? i cant say since i never really seen the real stuff. I did take my chem dog 91 ? to Harborside and they said it wasn't the 91. So who really knows.
Well im getting excited for the up coming cup this Sunday. I hope see you all there ....

Norkali

Im sick of this chem dog, I ve been grown this chem strain from gkg for about a year now. Its seem plain jane to me. The yield is good but not great.the smell is good but nothing special. and it does throw some late hermies. And so is it the real 91? i cant say since i never really seen the real stuff. I did take my chem dog 91 ? to Harborside and they said it wasn't the 91. So who really knows.
Well im getting excited for the up coming cup this Sunday. I hope see you all there ....

Doesn't sound like what I had...then again there have been a couple different vendors of the "chem '91" The one I got, and won a GKG cup with, reeked of Afghan armpit, and it impressed everybody who saw it. I lost her, and have since picked up another mom of hopefully the same one; but we'll see.

somebody041, I would see hermies about 9 weeks into flowering.. I'm not 100% sure but the chem that Nor cali has is the same one that I have too. I dont think there was any different chem dog that passed though GkG at that time. There might be now, but that one was from the same vendor. Rowdy can correct me if Im wrong. That chem dog is nice but I dont see what all the hype is about if it was that chem dog.

S

srk

Somebody041...

Looks like bud rot/boitris on that top picture. I'd check that out if I were you. Give a tug on those curled leaves not the fan leaves but the ones in the bud...I suspect some rotten stuff inside that nug.

justalilrowdy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The chem doesnt always throw banana's.. Its easy to stress tho and doesnt take alot. I also saw that with the headband. Some strains stress easier that others and i got bananas but I've had grow reports that didnt herm.. I grew them both out just to see what they were since they were being vended thru the market and neither were my cup of tea but we've had alot of patients who love the medicine. I hate the hermie thing.
I want to say a special thank you to Calicoli06 for his more than generous donation to the patients. Unusually generous person.

Q

quest

Outdoors finishing times.

Outdoors finishing times.

Wondering if you have any other info for the clones being offered. It is getting close to that time of year.

Any outdoor finishing times for:

Blue Dream
Chocolope
Dream Queen
God's Gift
O.G. Kush
U.K. Cheese

justalilrowdy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have had a great oportunity in the last few years to see some really outstanding medicines come thru the market. We have really zeroed in on what I feel was absolutely the best of the best..
We want every patient to have the potential for the most successful outstanding grow available.
What I have been the most impressed and blown away by are listed here and the strains we have taken the past 5 years to collect and soon be able to offer the medicine as well as the clones on a regular basis. :smokeit:
Gods Gift, Purple Nepal, Master Kush, O.G. Kush, Gangster Purps, Nancy Botwin(purple romulan), U.K. Cheese and Grape Ape.
We have put these medicines to the test time after time and know they are proven winners.
We are looking forward to seeing all our icmag friends at the cup event on Sunday and may the best medicine win! :party:::grouphug:

Status
Not open for further replies.