What's new

Experience with hanging Drying Racks?

DuskrayTroubador

Veteran
buds will flatten on one side...otherwise works fine:)

I'm hoping that because I'm dry trimming (thus leaving all the leaves around the buds on) that the leaves left on the buds will sort of act as a bumper so that the buds don't flatten as much.

I'm also going to be rotating the buds every day, so hopefully that helps since the weight won't be on one side for more than a day at a time. Or is that actually worse?

ThePizzaMan

Veteran
Hey

I used to hang my plants..this takes longer than wet trimming and throwing buds on the hanging screens. These hanging screens have made my job easier..I trim wet now. I thought I would never trim wet. lol

You can fit like a pound per level if you really throw them on there...they reduce quite a bit when you dry them. Load that sucker up! Don't worry about flat buds...not going to happen.

TpM

DuskrayTroubador

Veteran
Hey

I used to hang my plants..this takes longer than wet trimming and throwing buds on the hanging screens. These hanging screens have made my job easier..I trim wet now. I thought I would never trim wet. lol

You can fit like a pound per level if you really throw them on there...they reduce quite a bit when you dry them. Load that sucker up! Don't worry about flat buds...not going to happen.

TpM

I can't wet trim, I simply won't have the time to do so. Literally not possible with the time constrains on the days I'll be harvesting.

So I have to let the plants dry with their immediate leaves still on. Do you think this will be a problem?

rangergord

I have the AN quickcure mini which is 24 inches in diameter. It fits well in my closet and I can dry easily in my carbon filtered grow space. Would not go back to hanging.

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
To avoid the flattening, roll the buds over at least once per day. I have used those racks every year I grow outside. I think right around 10 ozs. was the most dried bud I pulled off a single tier.

You can use all the racks. If you worried about I slowing down the drying process, you can put one of those large metal fans that swivel under it. Have the fan pointing down, pulling air from top of the rack and out the bottom. I also use a dehumidifier in the room.

Fresh trimmed buds, dried on the racks by the process I described are ready for jars(and smoking) in 3-4 days. No harshness or loss of smell/ flavor.

If you don't use a fan under it, a piece of plastic on the floor makes a great "trap" for all the trich's that fall off.

we do both hang lines and racks for the bulk of the weight we will run in a twister then the greenhouse we will hand trim.As stated the product is better hand trimmed and line hung and dried. there is really no comparison