What's new

Diary Erdpurpz indoor

ive grown frisian dew and some other outdoor varietys before
my advice is give em BIG pots , like 30-40liters

i put em in 18liters i think back then and it was all fluffy buds while the indoor varietys were all fine .
i think it was because theyre used to being in fullground they didnt live up to their name

mr.brunch

Veteran
Thanks for the heads up mate 👍
Genetics on these are : erdpurt x purple freeze ( appropriate for the current weather) .. spotted a couple of pics of an outdoor one on another forum, but if @PANIKZ can chime in with any more info it will be more than appreciated :tiphat:
Potting later so pics soon

mr.brunch

Veteran
I’ve put them in some pots of soil, lightly watered them then topped with a little more soil. They are now standing in a seed tray wrapped up in a plastic bag somewhere warm for a few days.
5x erdpurpz (one missing)
they are joined for now by two critical purple kush and a mystery fem seed I am germing for a friend
Erdpurpz
Then 3 extras
Then all in the bag :tiphat:

F808D4F9-1485-458A-956F-4AB9719B436B.jpeg

42943D29-2617-46AD-9D83-C9FD70033CFC.jpeg
F316B279-BD62-488F-840C-AA45464855D2.jpeg

Mitsuharu

White Window
Veteran
I would wait with the plastic bag till you got some decent plants. You risk rotten soil when it can't dry. A warm bright place is enough to let them grow.

mr.brunch

Veteran
I would wait with the plastic bag till you got some decent plants. You risk rotten soil when it can't dry. A warm bright place is enough to let them grow.
?
I have been germinating cannabis seeds this way for over 30 years, no problems yet.

When you sow direct to soil, the idea is to use a tiny amount of water, cover with dry soil, then cover and provide base warmth- usually up within 3 days.

mr.brunch

Veteran
Day 9 since popping up from the dirt, doing well- the last headbanger x opg came down Friday so they have the tent to themselves.
I’ll be aiming to repot 4 into buckets in the next day or two and I’ll update further then :tiphat:

F1279656-1FF9-4657-A797-6363CE33112E.jpeg

6B193A5B-CCA5-49BF-AA80-7A0A0A9A84CA.jpeg

C01542B7-716A-4DBF-82BE-4FA174B156AF.jpeg

Happy Christmas Day everyone 🎄🎅

mr.brunch

Veteran
All watered in and ready to go
I am encouraged by the look of the roots, they seem nice and vigorous

DD3CEC0C-80F9-4C08-85CC-5100D182C8B1.jpeg

Under the Mars hydro fce-4800 , which is performing well- no shady spots, and a good yield last run especially considering the very cold last few weeks.
Planning to top these and take clones :tiphat:

Edit: had to remove a couple of pics, clumsily left a piece of card with a friends details on visible :spank:

Last edited:

mr.brunch

Veteran
4 days on (18 days old) and looking strong- very short internode distance at the moment
(Plants in the middle are the other 1 erdpurpz and 3 different seeds I popped, they’ll only be here for a week or two)

43212D7D-55F2-4C3D-BD52-8531E57D6C8E.jpeg

45C86F74-BC4E-44FC-8EF1-1611C3CBDBCE.jpeg

3627AFFF-885A-47F0-A475-81F5350C77B5.jpeg

8221F695-6786-4044-86DF-8052D9EBC5B5.jpeg

mr.brunch

Veteran
I should add, the orange bucket may seem out of place, but there’s a method in my madness.
It saves me labelling-
all the same strain = no worries, all the same
2 and 2= 1 strain on right, one on left
3 and 1= odd seed out goes in orange

Makes sense in my brain anyway :tiphat:

mr.brunch

Veteran
Nice roots...what's your soil if you don't mind me asking??
Thanks mate, I’m using miracle grow premium all purpose…. Used it last grow on headbanger x opg and they loved it so I’m converted. Very light and airy, holds water well and slow release feed in.
Didn’t have to feed for about a month last time 👍
Here’s the Hb x opg at 55 days

mr.brunch

Veteran
Thanks for following along mate, much appreciated
I stumbled on the soil by chance, I’ve gone through many different ones over time and the recent peat free ones I find don’t hold the water well, and garden centre own brands tend to come with added fungus gnats 😱
This was the only one they had not in those categories
:tiphat:

Airloom

Veteran
Thanks for following along mate, much appreciated
I stumbled on the soil by chance, I’ve gone through many different ones over time and the recent peat free ones I find don’t hold the water well, and garden centre own brands tend to come with added fungus gnats 😱
This was the only one they had not in those categories
:tiphat:

I spent much of this season fighting aphids and fungus gnats; I hear ya.
The thought of sterilizing soil is worse than the cure IMHO
I now keep fresh nematodes handy (Steinernema feltiae) and Dr Zymes eliminator. Best practice is to keep my soil healthy but sometimes….you need an intervention.
I even use potato slices as opposed to sticky traps to monitor my soil for fungus gnats. I found that info on a local agricultural extension service web site. (works for me anyway)

Every time I check in here (almost) I find a new medium being used or a new twist on what I’m doing. It’s amazing the information freely available here. 📡

Latest posts

Latest posts