What's new

Dry sift , iceolator , dry ice hash , let show your DIY Hash and talk about it ...

goingrey

some real nice pic's - i have bubble bags, as well as a 75 (i believe its 75) screen ... and make hash with both - HOWEVER the hash i make is no way nearto the strength of hash we got in the late 60's/early 70's. we were getting some ass-kickin shit

my age-old question is if todays weed is my stronger then the weed of yester-year , should not the hash we make also be stronger.... the better going in = better coming out, and in my experience that is not the case... whether i use it as kif, or use heated water in a wine bottle it's good.... but who's looking for good...
The weed is stronger because it has more resin. But the resin itself isn't necessarily any stronger. So the hash isn't stronger either. You just get more of it from the same amount of weed going in.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
and the question about H is not about the quality of the buds but about the process ,

s.

:tiphat:
that probably is true... the answer is to go to these far-flung areas in paki,india,afgan and see how the locals make it.... not so sure how a 'pale' face... or any foreign face mite go over, in these garden-spots of the world...

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
The relative strength of THC in the plant is important but process is far more important to the end product. And this has always been the case. The enemy is containments. Every time you agitate a bud to release the resin head – whether beaten with a stick or on a sift screen or with ice or dry ice - you risk adding a bit of other plant matter. Aside from making real charas (hand-rubbing flowers) all of the traditional countries beat the flowers and sieved it with a screen. If they beat it too long or too hard, they added contaminants - whether it was in Morocco, Lebanon or Afghanistan. If you look at the numbers of hash produced by legal suppliers and legally tested, you start to see a pattern. Kief is 15 – 20%. Standard well-made sift gets up the mid-30s. Dry sift with added hash oil comes in in the higher 40s. And well-made bubble is 60-65% +.

bibi40

New batch with 220/160 and 160/73 from Maestro auto :

IMG_20230121_144441[1].jpg

then 73 to 25 mic :

IMG_20230121_144448[1].jpg

cfl...KING

Listen my username is from 07 lol
Veteran
Freeze the sugar leaves an or bud for a couple days/ week. Take the bag an shake it up daily to knock the THC heads off. Big mason jar with half filled ice dump in Frozen material add water an shake. Use a small strainer to keep the material an ice inside the jar. Catch all the water that comes out in a Pyrex or another jar. Repeat 3times. Now let the golden water sit in the fridge over night. Slowly an carefully pour off the top water. The hash/THC will be on the bottom. Pure gold.
IMG_20230125_134541816~2.jpg

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
I have done a couple of bubble runs in the last few weeks. I am still refining my technique but I am getting there. Made with a bubble wash machine and I keep the 160u – 45u as my premium product. I wash 3 or 4 times with collection between every wash.

This 5 gram ball is mixed trim and aged bud that I made a few weeks back:

hash-may-23.jpg

This next one is a single strain run. Cherry Valley from TRH Seeds. @TheRealHash

The pre-pressed collection:

cherryvalley-hashunpressed.jpg

A quick check with the scope:

cherryvalley-hashscope.jpg

And rolled for aging. I wrap them in cellophane and they will sit in their small jars for 3 months or so and then I will roll again. I am smoking the 25u - nice but no cigar and the 220u - 180u 160u - which is pretty tasty and pretty kick-ass. 3.25 grams :rasta:

cherryvalley-hashball.JPG

Last edited:

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
to me, i get a better buzz with the 160u ... maybe its mental... i used to use all the bags... i think i have 7, but now i usually stop at 90u, sometime 73... and i have a shitload of kif, but i am not impressed with the buzz of the kif i make... i want a buzz like the late 60's/early 70's black hash... todays weed stronger then yesteryear.... not in my mind

bibi40

just smokin-tryin my january " baddest quality " ( 220/160 microns with 30% bho added ) from maestro auto ...
so just 5 monthes cure ,
delicious , just caviar ,
what should i expect now ? ( perhaps dig more in my vault , lol ... )

:tiphat:

Last edited:

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
and i have a shitload of kif, but i am not impressed with the buzz of the kif i make... i want a buzz like the late 60's/early 70's black hash

The more I make, the more I am convinced that pressing kif into hash will transform it. Depending upon the purity of the kif, you can work it by hand with heat like the Afghans (or your shoe), press it with heated plates - like Leb and Morocco - or - if it is pure enough - hot bottle roll it. This breaks the trichome heads open and blends the resin into the whole mass. Since you have essentially created a new product, it requires aging to reach its potential. The end result is reah hash - with a real hash taste - and usually far more potent than what we had in the past. Of course, the genetics you use will effect things but not as much as I expected. If you grew some Beldia and hashed it, you could probably get really close to Maroc. Or a real Afghan hash plant for Afghani etc . . .

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
The more I make, the more I am convinced that pressing kif into hash will transform it. Depending upon the purity of the kif, you can work it by hand with heat like the Afghans (or your shoe), press it with heated plates - like Leb and Morocco - or - if it is pure enough - hot bottle roll it. This breaks the trichome heads open and blends the resin into the whole mass. Since you have essentially created a new product, it requires aging to reach its potential. The end result is reah hash - with a real hash taste - and usually far more potent than what we had in the past. Of course, the genetics you use will effect things but not as much as I expected. If you grew some Beldia and hashed it, you could probably get really close to Maroc. Or a real Afghan hash plant for Afghani etc . . .
how long do u age it??? - i have used the hot bottle method a few times... n i didn't think it made a diff, but i didn't age it... maybe thats my problem...