What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Drippy Sally's Garden

Drippy Sally

Nice I like it... I have a cannatrol as well but mines the 1st units that came out... slightly bigger inside... I'm jealous that you have a second unit..

Have you found any unique settings? I know Dave the owner said they went defaults .5 dp lower than needed for that extra safety etc... I think that's silly.. and it should at minimum be that .5 higher..
In my honest opinion the way to preserve the terpenes is to put the cut flower directly in the Cannatrol without the recommended one day of hang dry. I put them straight in the box. I run the dry program for 5 days instead of 4 days. The dew point setting on my systems are 1 degree higher than default. I just sold a pound of the Vanilla Velvet and will use the proceeds to buy a third Cannatrol unit. Two do not keep up with my chop flow, and I would like to store my premium bud in the box all the time. I put Inkbird monitoring devices in the units as well as motion sensor lighting. The Inkbirds links to an app on my phones or computer and lets me look at temperature, relative humidity, dew point, and vpd. I also added the drain tubing so I don't have to empty the drain pan.

Terpsnpurps

In my honest opinion the way to preserve the terpenes is to put the cut flower directly in the Cannatrol without the recommended one day of hang dry. I put them straight in the box. I run the dry program for 5 days instead of 4 days. The dew point setting on my systems are 1 degree higher than default. I just sold a pound of the Vanilla Velvet and will use the proceeds to buy a third Cannatrol unit. Two do not keep up with my chop flow, and I would like to store my premium bud in the box all the time. I put Inkbird monitoring devices in the units as well as motion sensor lighting. The Inkbirds links to an app on my phones or computer and lets me look at temperature, relative humidity, dew point, and vpd. I also added the drain tubing so I don't have to empty the drain pan.
I agree 👍 no hang dry for me either.. I am trying the setting cannatrol claimed on a user on their website.. extend dry out even further to 10 days at cooler temps higher dp etc.. I think the extending the dry helps preserve the terps.. this is where most the work is done and magic happens I think... it's the way cannatrol dries ... and it's stability that makes the difference... I eventually want to play with different settings and timings... no one has found what's best because that'll take quite a while of widespread experiments and speculation... because nothing has ever been this stable through other temps ... only a 60 f was things ever stable... (hence why anyone ever dis 60/60 for curing) it was to keep the compressor on... so it would not allow a fluctuation in dp

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240926_213603_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240926_213603_Chrome.jpg
    758.2 KB · Views: 3

Latest posts

Latest posts