What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

- Diary - Peak Cinderella 99 Down Under

StickyBandit

Thanks to @LostTribe I am finally able to grow some Peak C99. Cheers bud (y)

I think I'm at about 37° South, not that it makes much difference for indoors but the weather is very mild and humid here in New Zealand. Probably 25°c to 30°c through the day and just below 20°c at night with about 65 to 80 RH being the norm.
Basically raw, unfiltered air is sucked in through the grow room by the exhaust filter. Everything grows well this time of year, you should see my lawns :p

The seeds were planted on 29th January directly into Dalton's Organic Seed Mix (cheap crap made from pine) in 2L pots about 10mm deep and all 6 have come up. Once they go into larger pots I'll make a nice mix for them
The soil has a few fungus gnats which I'm controlling with Vectobac in case they're chewing on the roots. After all the rain in the past months there have been plagues of them

These are regulars of the punch pheno and I'm looking forward to some REAL Cindy :D

6xC99.JPG

This is the nursery and the only tent on the cab cycle. I'll trim the others back for now to make a little more room
Nursery.JPG

Last edited:

StickyBandit

There's some tiny white bugs scampering around the top of the pots that might be feeding on the last 2 seeds to hatch. I'm resigned to the fact they might not make it. I might get a couple more established in jiffies if it looks bad tomorrow.
Either way I'll take clones later

Green81

Veteran
There's some tiny white bugs scampering around the top of the pots that might be feeding on the last 2 seeds to hatch. I'm resigned to the fact they might not make it. I might get a couple more established in jiffies if it looks bad tomorrow.
Either way I'll take clones later
Have you tried letting the medium go through a dry cycle, it’s will kill a lot of the un- hatched eggs in the top layer of soil/coir? Also nematodes might be a good way to go.

G81 🤞

StickyBandit

Have you tried letting the medium go through a dry cycle, it’s will kill a lot of the un- hatched eggs in the top layer of soil/coir? Also nematodes might be a good way to go.

G81 🤞
No I didn't. It came soaking wet in the bag. Sometimes you get a good batch. Maybe I'll try coco for sprouting in to avoid the bugs....

Airloom

Premium user

G81 🤞
nematodes work great

Bacillus thuringiensis israelensis (Bti)
also called H-14 strain
kills fungus gnat larvae

Found another product on another grow site that’s available on Amazon (for koy ponds etc) it’s called “microbe lift bti” I haven’t had to use it yet but it’s just a few drops of liquid added to your PH’d water before watering.

Also found Dr Zymes excellent in flower for killing aphids mites and fungus gnats (eggs and larvae) has to be mixed correctly. I watched those ______die with my 10x loupe. Just saying……safe to use up to harvest and as a bud wash. It’s a highly acidic liquid that really is the best I’ve found for soft bodied bugs that do NOT eat plant matter (they suck chlorophyll for nourishment thru their mandibles) the way they feed makes everything else useless. The Zymes coats their exoskeleton and dissolves it so to speak. Same for fungus gnats. Once I really understood their complete life cycle, I was much better prepared to fact check any “solutions” I found on various forums.

Got great info on insect life cycles from various community extension services (local soil testing and gardening type web sites) Solid FREE information, if you invest the time. Just my 2 cents

StickyBandit

nematodes work great

Bacillus thuringiensis israelensis (Bti)
also called H-14 strain
kills fungus gnat larvae

Found another product on another grow site that’s available on Amazon (for koy ponds etc) it’s called “microbe lift bti” I haven’t had to use it yet but it’s just a few drops of liquid added to your PH’d water before watering.

Also found Dr Zymes excellent in flower for killing aphids mites and fungus gnats (eggs and larvae) has to be mixed correctly. I watched those ______die with my 10x loupe. Just saying……safe to use up to harvest and as a bud wash. It’s a highly acidic liquid that really is the best I’ve found for soft bodied bugs that do NOT eat plant matter (they suck chlorophyll for nourishment thru their mandibles) the way they feed makes everything else useless. The Zymes coats their exoskeleton and dissolves it so to speak. Same for fungus gnats. Once I really understood their complete life cycle, I was much better prepared to fact check any “solutions” I found on various forums.

Got great info on insect life cycles from various community extension services (local soil testing and gardening type web sites) Solid FREE information, if you invest the time. Just my 2 cents
Cheers for the info (y)
The Vectobac I have is Bacillus thuringiensis israelensis
Seems I can't get Doctor Zymes here

Airloom

Premium user
Cheers for the info (y)
The Vectobac I have is Bacillus thuringiensis israelensis
Seems I can't get Doctor Zymes here
Any BTI will work
Got Dr Zymes from Build a Soil in Colorado. They’ve often got free shipping via FedEx but not sure if NZ is included 🤷‍♂️

I also made a calculated decision once on purchasing a last bag of soil stored outdoors.

You know it’s gonna be tainted.

So long as you can properly identify the pest and know it’s life cycle help is usually available. I’m still struggling with utilizing EC for soil/watering issues. I see many experienced growers rely heavily on EC. I bought a decent pen to go with my TDS readings but gotta do more research.

I use nematodes and Zymes regularly (as directed) BEFORE trouble develops. That’s all I’ve learned is to have a prevention plan and tools. Outdoors this year will include companion plants and focusing on overall plant health. Always something new to learn or unlearn…

LostTribe

Premium user
I was looking it was not Botaniguard 22wp. I was using Gnatrol which destroyed fungus gnats a few years back that hitch a ride in a bag of fox farm.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Did the show end so soon? I am digging my Cindy. Flavor lasts on the buds in the jars pretty well.

I use stick pads in the early stages when the soil has to be wet. Flying bugs come, probably from the BAS top dress but maybe also from the soil itself, and then die on the pad.

StickyBandit

Did the show end so soon? I am digging my Cindy. Flavor lasts on the buds in the jars pretty well.

I use stick pads in the early stages when the soil has to be wet. Flying bugs come, probably from the BAS top dress but maybe also from the soil itself, and then die on the pad.
I went off track for a while with the bugs and lost 2 and the others slowed down and got out of sync from different amounts of damage to the roots. I've popped a few more using a different method and now getting back on track with 10x C99 Punch.
The 6 at the rear are the new ones. Hoping the 2 front right will pick up sooner or later if the roots ever recover. Dates on the tags indicating when the seeds were first wet

C99.JPG

Last edited:

LostTribe

Premium user
I got a whiff of something promising when I pulled a couple fans off the one punch female I am testing out. Starting to show trichomes just now at 3w tomorrow. Times flying. Well can't say that for the THH x F13's though they look to be heavy THH so far.

Dime

I put these in under led white shoplights whereas before I had used florescents. I notice a big difference in plant structure as the leaves are a lot more broad and the plants stay shorter. I now have them under florescents again and will see if they change. the second pic is how they grew under flouro and I notice less serration under led,granted they are bigger but were also more serrated immediately,all from same seed batch.

Attachments

• 20230307_120619.jpg
    20230307_120619.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 49
  • 20201103_184148.jpg
    20201103_184148.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 51
Last edited:

RottyRzr

Where do I get Peak C99"s? I found a couple web sites with the Peak name but couldn't find C99's.
Thanks

Latest posts

Latest posts