What's new

Deep Stoner Thoughts

armedoldhippy

Veteran
i want the catalog that Wile E. Coyote ordered his stuff out of. who among us could not find a use for the portable holes he had, that you could stick to a wall & climb through before pulling it in after you? mail them to folks in prison disguised as posters etc...:tiphat:

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
What if all the radon in the basements have mutated cannabis that's why all the best weed is grown in the underground? :eek:

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Reading through some of the pages here again over a cup of coffee on a Sunday morning, I realise all the great myths of the past and challenges of tomorrow have been solved by the good people contributing to this thread twenty-fold.
If only Society would be listening.
I bow before you great stoned minds of the universe.
CC

St. Phatty

Animals are Fascinating because of how much they can do with their 200 million or 2 billion brain cells (neurons, actually).

Human beings are Fascinating because of how much they often don't do with their 88 Billion Neurons.

The End Result - Animals being Functionally Smarter than Humans.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Not all animals are smart. I have a stray bulldawg that is dumb as a sack of rocks. He walked onto my property a few years ago, teeth ground down, scars from fighting, and he whines and shakes a lot. My very smart female stray sticks up for him, and gets me when he needs to go out. She scratches the door when he wants to come in.

Then again, he has me feeding him well (just warmed up some chickens), and he has his pillowed spot near a heat register.

Coeus

Not all animals are smart. I have a stray bulldawg that is dumb as a sack of rocks. He walked onto my property a few years ago, teeth ground down, scars from fighting, and he whines and shakes a lot. My very smart female stray sticks up for him, and gets me when he needs to go out. She scratches the door when he wants to come in.

Then again, he has me feeding him well (just warmed up some chickens), and he has his pillowed spot near a heat register.
and you think that ole bulldawg aint dumb hesounds smart to me :biggrin:but then again i aint to smart either:biggrin:

St. Phatty

Simple observations about animal intelligence -

birds are masters of the basics of Food and Shelter from a very early age. But they completely miss out on traps like Water. A feeding dish for larger animals is a death trap for a small bird.

The birds that lost the bird, walk right by the corpses as if they can't see it. Saw both of them do this.

Of course I got religion, I walked around upsetting about 30 things that collected water.

Cats, some of them, are not just trap smart. They train their babies to be trap smart.

I find that to be very impressive. I see so many human parents that get the food & shelter part of being an animal.

But they totally miss teaching their offspring about the traps in their environment.

And of course there are people like me, who are partially responsible for the death of animals in the road.

Animals have no concept of a car going 60 miles per hour. Maybe the cat can get it if they see other animals get hit.

We have a dysfunctional county government and I am a citizen who is aware of the need for speed bumps. We basically live in a nature preserve.

Maybe if I put some time into it, I could get some speed bumps to protect the animals.

I guess I need a neighbor to "share the burden".

Sunshineinabag

Simple observations about animal intelligence -

birds are masters of the basics of Food and Shelter from a very early age. But they completely miss out on traps like Water. A feeding dish for larger animals is a death trap for a small bird.

The birds that lost the bird, walk right by the corpses as if they can't see it. Saw both of them do this.

Of course I got religion, I walked around upsetting about 30 things that collected water.

Cats, some of them, are not just trap smart. They train their babies to be trap smart.

I find that to be very impressive. I see so many human parents that get the food & shelter part of being an animal.

But they totally miss teaching their offspring about the traps in their environment.

And of course there are people like me, who are partially responsible for the death of animals in the road.

Animals have no concept of a car going 60 miles per hour. Maybe the cat can get it if they see other animals get hit.

We have a dysfunctional county government and I am a citizen who is aware of the need for speed bumps. We basically live in a nature preserve.

Maybe if I put some time into it, I could get some speed bumps to protect the animals.

I guess I need a neighbor to "share the burden".

I'd only be able to see so much before I'd start making my own caltrops and tackstrips.....omfg my mind races with the possibilities..... was to slow folks down when they are nervous of hurtin their poor little veeeeehicles...as far as I'm concerned if it ain't electric or fumes efficient it needs to giant old way

Mary57

asexual reproduction is freaky

asexual reproduction is freaky

This is probably the worst place on the whole forum for a newbie's first post, lol. But I am having a very personal relationship with a spiritual being. "Sunshine" and her sisters are most likely the closest I'll ever get to having grandchildren, even though I know darned well she's nothing but what happened when I planted bagseed and didn't recognize the male in time. But she was my Christmas miracle; I thought I had miscalculated and forgotten to monstercrop her in time, but it turned out that I just misremembered the date I flipped her. My Gro-Dan Groblox had not come in the mail yet, so I reminded myself that my routine for 100% success rate for clones was as much superstition as science and readied a 4" plastic pot, which was already labelled "Sunshine" from a previous sucessful clone. My tiny little cutting sits in the nursery, safe and sound, as I toke this bong. In the bud tent, Sunshine reaches for the cheap alibaba LEDs that were all I could afford at the time. I think she likes me. I just found out that these are not the cheap alibaba LEDs that were recommended on Reddit, but are much cheaper. She shouldn't be giving me yields like this. It's almost supernatural or else I've just never met a plant like cannabis before, regardless of how much I have consumed when it was dead. In the next 5 gallon pot over, Sunshine fills the tent with her cheerful little puffballs and the yoyo wrench makes a pleasant "pocketa-pocketa-pocketa" sound as I raise the lights for her. I zip the budding tent up after promising the ladies that I'll come visit again before lights out. I take another toke on the bong. Sunshine has always been different from her sisters: smaller, more sativa-y, truly living up to her name as my favourite wake 'n bake from this year's outdoor harvest. I don't remember the strain I planted when I pulled the seeds that would become her parents out of the jar. It was extremely inexpensive. I smoke like a chimney and should have a very high tolerance. THC and CBD content cannot define this relationship, nor was it ever something that could be bought and sold. I remove the panda film and mylar from the DIY vegging tent and take Sunshine out to give her a drink of water, check for pests, and perhaps tighten a few of her training wires. She's growing well and seems happy to see me. I don't know if she is a single soul in many bodies or if I am some sort of a DIY god who reincarnates her every time my knife cuts into her flesh and deposits a scrap of her in rooting hormone and then in the superstitiously obligatory Gro-Dan Groblox. But I don't need to know. It doesn't matter any more than her THC content or which empty jar from the dispensary she came from or whether her father was really my male or actually my one of my neighbors'. I don't need to know any more than I need to know everything that my growers went through during the Nixon years or the Ray-Gun years. Sunshine and her sisters have taught me so much. I am now a licensed medical patient and do not need to worry about my door being kicked down. I am allowed to purchase medical strains from my local dispensary and do not even need to pay state sales taxes on cannabis products. I am allowed to grow no more than six plants. Anything with roots is legally a plant. I am allowed to apply for legal minimum wage jobs as a trimmer. The (legal cannabis) Industry is a major employer and business is business so business must grow (regardless of crummies in tummies, you know). But I am in a very personal long-term relationship with a spiritual being. I already tried obeying the laws of society and purchasing the products of capitalism but somehow that never works. Sunshine and I are both grandmother and grandchild to each other, simultaneously and symbiotically, as cannabis and human have lived together for thousands of years. I take another toke on the bong, read another thread to learn how to take better care of her, and the sun rises again.

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This is probably the worst place on the whole forum for a newbie's first post, lol. But I am having a very personal relationship with a spiritual being. "Sunshine" and her sisters are most likely the closest I'll ever get to having grandchildren, even though I know darned well she's nothing but what happened when I planted bagseed and didn't recognize the male in time. But she was my Christmas miracle; I thought I had miscalculated and forgotten to monstercrop her in time, but it turned out that I just misremembered the date I flipped her. My Gro-Dan Groblox had not come in the mail yet, so I reminded myself that my routine for 100% success rate for clones was as much superstition as science and readied a 4" plastic pot, which was already labelled "Sunshine" from a previous sucessful clone. My tiny little cutting sits in the nursery, safe and sound, as I toke this bong. In the bud tent, Sunshine reaches for the cheap alibaba LEDs that were all I could afford at the time. I think she likes me. I just found out that these are not the cheap alibaba LEDs that were recommended on Reddit, but are much cheaper. She shouldn't be giving me yields like this. It's almost supernatural or else I've just never met a plant like cannabis before, regardless of how much I have consumed when it was dead. In the next 5 gallon pot over, Sunshine fills the tent with her cheerful little puffballs and the yoyo wrench makes a pleasant "pocketa-pocketa-pocketa" sound as I raise the lights for her. I zip the budding tent up after promising the ladies that I'll come visit again before lights out. I take another toke on the bong. Sunshine has always been different from her sisters: smaller, more sativa-y, truly living up to her name as my favourite wake 'n bake from this year's outdoor harvest. I don't remember the strain I planted when I pulled the seeds that would become her parents out of the jar. It was extremely inexpensive. I smoke like a chimney and should have a very high tolerance. THC and CBD content cannot define this relationship, nor was it ever something that could be bought and sold. I remove the panda film and mylar from the DIY vegging tent and take Sunshine out to give her a drink of water, check for pests, and perhaps tighten a few of her training wires. She's growing well and seems happy to see me. I don't know if she is a single soul in many bodies or if I am some sort of a DIY god who reincarnates her every time my knife cuts into her flesh and deposits a scrap of her in rooting hormone and then in the superstitiously obligatory Gro-Dan Groblox. But I don't need to know. It doesn't matter any more than her THC content or which empty jar from the dispensary she came from or whether her father was really my male or actually my one of my neighbors'. I don't need to know any more than I need to know everything that my growers went through during the Nixon years or the Ray-Gun years. Sunshine and her sisters have taught me so much. I am now a licensed medical patient and do not need to worry about my door being kicked down. I am allowed to purchase medical strains from my local dispensary and do not even need to pay state sales taxes on cannabis products. I am allowed to grow no more than six plants. Anything with roots is legally a plant. I am allowed to apply for legal minimum wage jobs as a trimmer. The (legal cannabis) Industry is a major employer and business is business so business must grow (regardless of crummies in tummies, you know). But I am in a very personal long-term relationship with a spiritual being. I already tried obeying the laws of society and purchasing the products of capitalism but somehow that never works. Sunshine and I are both grandmother and grandchild to each other, simultaneously and symbiotically, as cannabis and human have lived together for thousands of years. I take another toke on the bong, read another thread to learn how to take better care of her, and the sun rises again.

Whoa

Mary57

However, I am extremely embarrassed about the lack of paragraph breaks.

There were paragraph breaks when I wrote the damned thing, I just forgot to turn on the javascript before I posted it and I KNOW better than that.

I also started a sentence with a conjunction.

< cringe >

Thanks for the warm welcome anyway, from me, Sunshine, her sisters, and their future descendants.