What's new

Deep Congo

PondeLftHndSide

Veteran
I'm looking forward to it myself, BJD. Fortunately we won't have to wait very long.

Day 44. Switched to the halide yesterday.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

From below:
picture.php

Did I mention the giant fan leaves? I believe this is the largest fan leaf stem I've ever seen. It's the size of a pencil, but I didn't have a pencil in the growroom.
picture.php

The dCon-B is looking so stunning I think I need to run it again ASAP.
picture.php

I thought I'd try taking the dc-E to 56 days, but it looks like 52 or 53 is as far as it'll go, so I started the flush earlier than I'd planned. I think a case could be even be made for a 45 day dc-E harvest. The dc-E's have completely stopped putting on any new floral growth, while the Blue Cheese cuts (which I've recently been told is stone cold finished in 49-53 days, not the 56 I originally thought) put out a huge flush of new pistils when I dosed with KoolBloom powder.

Blue Cheese, day 44:
picture.php

They're getting their last few gulps of molasses and dilute nutes (300ppm before adding molasses), later today they get hit with a shot of Final Flush and then I'll run about 25 total gallons of plain H2O through them, and nothing more than water for the duration.

With the combo of the thorough flush, the halide and cool nighttime temps, I'm hoping for some nice coloration to the finished product. We'll see.

Scottish Research

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi Ponde,

I understand that the MH lights may help coloration but does it also enhance the flavor profile?

Does anyone have any experience running this as bush/scrog?

GH seems to be working great for you.

Great Job! I'm blown away with your professionalism.

Thanks!

R. Fortune

PondeLftHndSide

Veteran
The dCon has so much flavor, it's honestly hard to tell if it's been enhanced. I have noticed a subtle 'head change' in certain plants when finished with a halide.

Thanks so much for your comment... I strive for professionalism, quasi-legality be damned.

dCon B closeup detail...
picture.php

Lean Green

Operating Outside the Law
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So, were are we at??? Richard, any word on the Back to the Congo??

I've got about a dozen Dcong F3's vegging at the moment.

Hey lean hwzit.
I got inspired by ponde's story of room fulls of deep congo so ive been running exclusively some indoor crops of the deep congo bx1's , ended u with a dc leaning pheno (even in the bx1) and a more congo leaning pheno, good yileder, very aromatic fuel musky smell and taste, not a strain for the fruit lovers. Anyhow i do have a few bx1 testbeans i will try on a couple folks once i can do pms, in the meantime since outdoors is out of the picture these days thing of the past I have to carry these breeding projects on inside. Best of the summer to all deep congoers. Richard.

Bobby Stainless

"Ill let you try my Wu-Tang style"
Veteran
That is incredible news^

Deep Congo is some of the best shit I have grown. Love it.

Can't wait till some is back on the market!

Lean Green

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Howdy Richard! Indeed, Ponde's gang of Dcongs might have given me the itch to run a few too. Indoors aint so bad;) .
If you don't mind me asking, why no swamp grows anymore?

Lean Green

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I get it, nobody likes to look at plants with no flowers, right? I made F4's the other day, hit 6 or 7 of these with pollen from a pair of Dcong F3 males. Also managed to get some of the love dust on a CJ F3 and a ChemDD F2 that a friend gave me.

picture.php

Scottish Research

ICMag Donor
Veteran
That's a nice looking plant. Are you flowering in a 1 gallon container?

Also, if you know was the RM's "John Sinclair" Congo the mother or was it another Congo line.

The Congo Haze sounds interesting it is supposed to be RM's "John Sinclair" Congo x Neville's Haze.

Thanks for sharing!

R.Fortune

g0vnaa

ICE Cream eater
Veteran
Damn Lean that DCongo looks awesome. Those are some nice blades.
I can feel their tecture from the pic :p
I`m gonna enjoin on a DC joint and browse on your gallery :p

DC Bud.

picture.php

Lean Green

ICMag Donor
Veteran
That's a nice looking plant. Are you flowering in a 1 gallon container?

Also, if you know was the RM's "John Sinclair" Congo the mother or was it another Congo line.

The Congo Haze sounds interesting it is supposed to be RM's "John Sinclair" Congo x Neville's Haze.

Thanks for sharing!

R.Fortune
It's funny you mention the John Sinclair, I've been smoking Red Congolese all weekend. That's what the name of J Sinclair was originally. I can say without a doubt that the Congo line in RC is the same as the one used for Dcong. I have F2's of the RC but the plants had some intersex traits so I'm in no hurry to grow them. I think I crossed the RC with Green HazexPanama also.
I flower in 2 gallon bags of coco, hand watered twice a day.

govnaa- nice nug dude! I think I'll take some Deep Chunk to work with me today.

PondeLftHndSide

Veteran
I've seen that Congo Haze on the 'Bou clearance section... always when I have $0.00 budget for seeds. Hope they stick around for a minute. Nobody buy them, okay? :biglaugh:

I made a few Deep Congo E x Skunk #1 this summer for my collection. Used a slightly squat, very lemony male from some purportedly original stock I've been sitting on for a minute. He had his way with all sorts of girls this summer, but the Skungo is really calling my name...

Keep up the good work, Lean. And make us some more dCon seeds, Mr. Williams :headbange

Lean Green

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Skungo huh? I'm lovin that name! Sounds like a potential mega yielder too. Rip it up my friend!

I left one Dcong seedless the other day. But after this talk of Congo Haze, I'm going to pull her out and dust her with the Green Haze/Panama males.

g0vnaa

ICE Cream eater
Veteran
Skungo huh? I'm lovin that name! Sounds like a potential mega yielder too. Rip it up my friend!

I left one Dcong seedless the other day. But after this talk of Congo Haze, I'm going to pull her out and dust her with the Green Haze/Panama males.

Now thats going to be an amazing sativa :artist:

Lean Green

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Now thats going to be an amazing sativa :artist:
When I made the F2 and F3 generations, I made two separate seed lines. One selected for the Congo types and the other for Deep Chunk types. I used a plant from the Chunky Dcong F3's for the GHP cross. Crazy frost and aroma!
Take a look at her!
picture.php

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts