What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Deep Chunk

med-man

The TRUMP of SKUNK: making skunk loud again!
Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Someone on my colombian gold thread shared a post saying deep chunk is a bld Korean. First I've heard of it.

Mind you never grown it so never paid attention

mm

acespicoli

1702980445339.png

Dime

Someone on my colombian gold thread shared a post saying deep chunk is a bld Korean. First I've heard of it.

Mind you never grown it so never paid attention

mm
It's likely a kush,leafy,short stature ,broad leaf hash plant . The plants tend to get taller and lankier with longer internodes the closer to the equator it grows.;)

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Monkeyballs! Wait, thats copyrighted, Deep Chunk! Tom always bragged about DC performance in the shade. I hesitate to grow it though because I want something to yield well and not be too short. Anyone grown these in partial sun in the woods yet?

I had to scrap all my DC this year, they got stunted in seedling phase from cold.

full

Sanjuro

Do you guys know if anyone is selling Deep Chunk in EU ...a good one, that is?

I know Kwik Seeds have Freak Chunk but it’s in UK but i don’t want to buy from them because of customs

How is Freak Chunk btw any good?

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
I was always living in that imagine that Korea has humid climate... I am no expert, maybe somebody who knows Korea better than me can correct me? Korea gets monsoons and typhoons...

deep chunk cant survive in humid climate for a minute imo... the plant comes from dry desert or half-desert with really dry end of the season. the way how huge jurassic leafs lay across each other to protect some condensate water from vapor shows it comes from very dry area.

Last edited:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Do you guys know if anyone is selling Deep Chunk in EU ...a good one, that is?

I know Kwik Seeds have Freak Chunk but it’s in UK but i don’t want to buy from them because of customs

How is Freak Chunk btw any good?
I have DC made from open pollinating a pack of Tom Hills DC. Im in UK but don't have problem with customs the way i send. PM me if you interested.
VG

Sanjuro

I have DC made from open pollinating a pack of Tom Hills DC. Im in UK but don't have problem with customs the way i send. PM me if you interested.
VG
Good to know. I ’ll definitely have a think about it

How was the potency on those females that got used? Do you remember. I’ve read that some DC individuals are not that strong

I got few DC hybrids from canna copia and at least the males they used deliver good enough kick

Thanks

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good to know. I ’ll definitely have a think about it

How was the potency on those females that got used? Do you remember. I’ve read that some DC individuals are not that strong

I got few DC hybrids from canna copia and at least the males they used deliver good enough kick

Thanks
I thought potency was good for an old-school line. Not as potent as some modern hybrids but still potent imo. Most people use DC for croses and breeding projects
VG

Sanjuro

Tom Hill’s strain description states it’s from Afghanistan so i think the Korea thing is just TH messing around with people. the dude isn’t the most serious people, it’s quite obvious

Short plants with purple color on many of them would point to higher altitude and colder envirnment than korea, i’d say. so i’m guessing it’s just TH messing about

The effect on some of them also match some other bld N afghanis. stoned but with little mental activity. “kush” like. iirc TH has stated somewhere that it’s cerebral afghani, not the dull kind like some afghans

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi, Thanks for the kind words. I've never offered DC officially but have traded quite a few of them over the years for other good genetics and more recently sold a few packs privately.
VG
Definitely go with Verdant Green's Deep Chunk if he has it available. Excellent line as all of his are. You will not be disappointed.

I need some DC VG!

I Care

Oh shit, some southeast Asian makes so much sense. If it was another kush it never would have crossed so spectacularly with the BK. Even if Ton was pissed, well we know what they say about when your pissed! the truth slips.

I Care

Low yield, purple grease, grows below tree canopy and doesnt he have some Thai.

these are the two bubba i have time to attempt to emcee them when the weather comes around next week. I know there more of these two going around and if anything would recoeve all my attention; and I think ive said this before; it would be BKDC

Latest posts

Latest posts