What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Decent Old School Genetics Recommendations?

childofmelee

Welcome!

Hate to say it, but you probably just gotta try a bunch of cultivars. I’ve found “skunk #1” doesn’t smell like skunk, at all. Cheese, doesn’t smell like cheese, gas whatever doesn’t smell like petrol. It’s disappointing breeders aren’t being honest in the naming, or they aren’t even testing their gear properly. Don’t even get me started about all the polyhybrid unstabilized hype strains of today.

If I could point you in any direction, I would recommend afghani style landraces. They have a lot of the old school characteristics to me.
The original Skunk #1 never smelled like skunk, it was only named Skunk #1 because skunk (Road Kill Skunk) was popular back then.

Brother Nature

Welcome!

Hate to say it, but you probably just gotta try a bunch of cultivars. I’ve found “skunk #1” doesn’t smell like skunk, at all. Cheese, doesn’t smell like cheese, gas whatever doesn’t smell like petrol. It’s disappointing breeders aren’t being honest in the naming, or they aren’t even testing their gear properly. Don’t even get me started about all the polyhybrid unstabilized hype strains of today.

If I could point you in any direction, I would recommend afghani style landraces. They have a lot of the old school characteristics to me.
With you on this one brother. I grew out some AK-47 and I couldn't shoot anything with that bud...

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
If I want no BS 1980s era genetics where would I go (UK/EUROPE). Thinking Colombian, Thai, Skunk #1 that kind of thing. Old timer stuff. I have easy access to European seed sellers.

I see so many takes on strains that I don't know who to believe has close genetics or indeed if that's even possible...
ACE Seeds: Green Haze, Purple Haze #23, Neville's Haze Late 80s

Verified landrace strains from Phylos Bioscience.

Sensi Seeds: Skunk #1, Northern Lights, Afghani #1.

Still actually available from their website. From their website: "WE’RE SENSI SEEDS – THE OLDEST CANNABIS SEED BANK IN THE WORLD. CHECK OUT OUR LEGENDARY CANNABIS STRAINS!"

Cannabiogen: Jarilla Sinaloa

Probably a Mexican landrace strain, not verified by Phylos Bioscience.

UPDATE

Dutch Passion: Kees' Old School Haze
Terpenes of ammonia, herbs.
Breeder: Super Sativa Seed Club (SSSC)

The Super Sativa Seed Club (SSSC) is a close partner of Dutch Passion Seed Company. Super Sativa Seed Club offers a unique selection of high quality “Old School” cannabis genetics dating back to the 1980s. The original, old-school genetics are only available in the form of regular seeds called Breeder Beans. These are suitable for experienced growers who want to make their own crosses or for selecting mother plants. SSSC also offers high quality "New School" genetics for breeders of feminized or autoflowering strains called Fem Gems! Here you will find the best modern cannabis genetics. Super Sativa Seed Club has its own independent team of seed producers with over 30 years of experience!

Last edited by a moderator:

Garlicbud1

ACE Seeds: Green Haze, Purple Haze #23, Neville's Haze Late 80s

Verified landrace strains from Phylos Bioscience.

Sensi Seeds: Skunk #1, Northern Lights, Afghani #1.

Still actually available from their website. From their website: "WE’RE SENSI SEEDS – THE OLDEST CANNABIS SEED BANK IN THE WORLD. CHECK OUT OUR LEGENDARY CANNABIS STRAINS!"

Cannabiogen: Jarilla Sinaloa

Probably a Mexican landrace strain, not verified by Phylos Bioscience.

UPDATE

Dutch Passion: Kees' Old School Haze
Terpenes of ammonia, herbs.
Breeder: Super Sativa Seed Club (SSSC)
Know where I can find legit heirloom Sinaloan Cola de Borrego or Jarilla de Sinaloa?

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
Know where I can find legit heirloom Sinaloan Cola de Borrego or Jarilla de Sinaloa?
There are shops that have Jarilla Sinaloa from Cannabiogen.

In Spain, google: ElBruixot mexico jarilla sinaloa

If it doesn't work out, you could check this:

Google: prot eco SOUTH MOUNTAIN GOLDEN seeds
South Mountain Golden seeds is a sativa from the Mexican area of Guerrero and has been jealously guarded since the 80s by El Guerrillero. This 100% fast-flowering sativa has a medium yield, but is undoubtedly of the best quality.

With a very strong and even reaching paranoia if the consumer is not used to these genetics. Euphoric, psychedelic, and active, it will take your thoughts to a higher level of consciousness, get ready for a magical journey.

midwestkid

Veteran
They are an offshoot of one of my links above 😀🙏

Does anyone know of any strains at the 8% mark to hone in on. I am legit medical for mood daytime. Be nice to have a low strengther as modern so strong.
purple urkle from CSI. some reviews on that strain reported low thc numbers

Grünesblatt

Do you have good experiences with the breeder? There are two varieties that I am considering ordering.

But im not Sure... i dont know this breeder. But sounds good

Last edited by a moderator:

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
If I want no BS 1980s era genetics where would I go (UK/EUROPE). Thinking Colombian, Thai, Skunk #1 that kind of thing. Old timer stuff. I have easy access to European seed sellers.

I see so many takes on strains that I don't know who to believe has close genetics or indeed if that's even possible...
Dutch Passion,Sensi Seeds,GHS....most of old school Dutch sb.

dimodz

Elite StrainCloneHunter
Veteran
Do you have good experiences with the breeder? There are two varieties that I am considering ordering.

But im not Sure... i dont know this breeder. But sounds good

yeah sure we know us personly a good breeder and a good human too