What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Decent Old School Genetics Recommendations?

Dr.Mantis

If I want no BS 1980s era genetics where would I go (UK/EUROPE). Thinking Colombian, Thai, Skunk #1 that kind of thing. Old timer stuff. I have easy access to European seed sellers.

I see so many takes on strains that I don't know who to believe has close genetics or indeed if that's even possible...
Welcome!

Hate to say it, but you probably just gotta try a bunch of cultivars. I’ve found “skunk #1” doesn’t smell like skunk, at all. Cheese, doesn’t smell like cheese, gas whatever doesn’t smell like petrol. It’s disappointing breeders aren’t being honest in the naming, or they aren’t even testing their gear properly. Don’t even get me started about all the polyhybrid unstabilized hype strains of today.

If I could point you in any direction, I would recommend afghani style landraces. They have a lot of the old school characteristics to me.

NEED 4 SEED

They are an offshoot of one of my links above 😀🙏

Does anyone know of any strains at the 8% mark to hone in on. I am legit medical for mood daytime. Be nice to have a low strengther as modern so strong.
Aunt of Farouk...don't know about percentages but some were really mellow to weak potency, but still very nice and tasty/hashy buds.

Jimi Caliente

For some old school genetics you can try Cultivator's Choice: plenty of skunk crosses bred by the maestro himself. There's also Chimera for late 90's/early 2000's Canadian varieties like Blockhead. For Colombian you can try Ace's Panama, Honduras x Panama or Thai x Panama.
I'm growing Ace Panama at the moment, she has red pistils, is quite leafy in the flowers but full of resin.

It depends on your preference: if you want pure sativa go for Ace. If you want indica/sativa hybrids go for Chimera or Sam's skunk crosses.

Last edited:

Greenfingers420UK

I'm currently doing smileys c99 x JS at the moment and it smells of Lilt and wd40 and has a very nice high.

If you want a classic strain Sensi seeds Northern lights or NL #5

Last edited:

da kine

I would check out a Bubba Kush, or a pre-98 (bubba) kush.
Not sure if they will be easy to locate or not, but desirable.
As with anything for daytime use moderation is key. GL :)

dimodz

Elite StrainCloneHunter
Veteran
Why do you say that? Do you mean Mau or some younger guys?

And before you answer take into account that they have been offering inexpensive high quality seeds for almost 30 years, millions of satisfied customers me included. If that's a joke then... LOL!

i doint see one time real keeper of his packs at all for mine view

entropical

Veteran
I would check out a Bubba Kush, or a pre-98 (bubba) kush.
Not sure if they will be easy to locate or not, but desirable.
As with anything for daytime use moderation is key. GL :)
@VerdantGreen here on IC has Bubba Kush. I haven’t tried it myself but have been recommended to do so by other users on here.

@Shamanbud for Skunk #1 you could have a look at Alladin Skunk from Khalifa genetics and Shit from Mr. Nice seeds.

Latest posts

Latest posts