What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

DC Update

noodleman

The Washington Post a day or two ago reported that a Republican Rep. Andy Harris from MD has stated his interest in preventing the DC legalization from going into effect. It's likely he has more allies in Congress now after the Republican victories in the recent election. DC seems to have its act together, however, in planning its implementation of the legalization process which should help fend off congressional concerns.

A positive noted in Congress is that Rand Paul the ranking Republican on the Senate committee with oversight of DC said he was not for having the federal government get involved in the issue. I may never have an opportunity to vote in an election involving Sen. Paul, nor would I necessarily vote for him depending on his stand on other issues; however it is rare nowadays to have a politician consistently apply their political philosophy to all issues regardless of personal likes and dislikes and the issue's popularity, and I would seriously consider voting for him for that reason alone. Rep. Harris's political philosophy seems to be that the government should keep its hands off only certain things he approves of, but should interfere in things he personally doesn't like. The word hypocrite seems to fit such people.

igrowone

Veteran
thank you for this post, echo my feelings exactly
Paul is really a bit different, not perfect but what politician is?
not a big fan on some other things, but will give him his due on this issue

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Paul is simply doing what he was elected for...
representing the People who put him in office, instead of chasing his own agenda, like all politicians do.
Paul is a statesman!

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I voted for Ron Paul for president in the last primary election in California. I generally agree with Rand on a lot of things. He doesn't have a favorable opinion about weed, but he believes that people should be free to make their own decisions in life. I don't agree with him on everything. I respect him for the choices he's made in his political career. He stands up for what he believes is right, even if it's different from what most Republicans in power think.

I will probably vote for him to be our next president if it's a choice between him and Hillary. If someone like Jeb Bush wins the Republican nomination, I'll vote for Gary Johnson or whoever else wins the Libertarian nomination. Ron Paul, Rand Paul, and Gary Johnson (before he switched parties) are the only kind of Republicans I'd vote for now.