What's new

Day 5 of 12/12 - Mix of Ace Sativas

Azeotrope

Veteran
Well, 1 of the ladies is shutting down. She wants to reflower a little but, I have already picked two bananas and it concerns me to let her go too much longer. Probably 3-7 days more at most. Too far out and mold/rot begins to become a risk for not much positive change. Not upset about it at all though😉

The others are just doing their thing.

Edit: The Golden Tiger which may be my overall favorite strain in my life is not a fan of the nutrient load in this no-till bed. She'll make it and she's a beast so I'm just accepting the fact that she is sensitive as she is already producing amazing/complex tea tree, sandlewood, organic citrus aromas and beautiful trichomes and I cannot do anything to change the nutrient level.

Attachments

• IMG_0306.jpeg
    IMG_0306.jpeg
    5.1 MB · Views: 53
  • IMG_0311.jpeg
    IMG_0311.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 62
  • IMG_0304.jpeg
    IMG_0304.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 60
  • IMG_0305.jpeg
    IMG_0305.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 60
  • IMG_0307.jpeg
    IMG_0307.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 55
  • IMG_0316.jpeg
    IMG_0316.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 53
Last edited:

Azeotrope

Veteran
So, I am going to put it out there that I am not sure whether the two more mature plants are Zam or Gauwi. The more I look at them as they finish the more I question it. Not too long before I planted them, I was found to have Stage 3 Melanoma that had made it into the lymph nodes. I got really wrapped-up in the cancer diagnosis and surgeries and did not put 100% of the thought and prep that I normally would.

Therefore, I finished a transplant of 3 Zam and 3 Gauwi seedlings and realized that I had them all mixed up. The GT female is the only one that I am confident about. So, I am nearing harvest on two Ace Sativa girls that are going to be fantastic thanks to the great work of dubi and the team at Ace but, I will never know with 100% certainty which line they are. I have some clones of the taller and heaviest yielding and of the GT and will be running them in the future for sure.

Wishing you all well!

Hi Azeo

I'm sorry to read of your Melanoma it's not a supprise you got confused/distracted hope your recovering well must be very stressful.

For some reason (because im thick) I missed your post in reply to my question sorry about that.

I had a hard time choosing between Golden Tiger, Malawi x Panama, Panama x Bangi and Zamal I went with Zamal fems for my 1st run but I already have some standard/segular Golden Tiger seeds to use in the future.

Azeotrope

Veteran
Hi Azeo

I'm sorry to read of your Melanoma it's not a supprise you got confused/distracted hope your recovering well must be very stressful.

For some reason (because im thick) I missed your post in reply to my question sorry about that.

I had a hard time choosing between Golden Tiger, Malawi x Panama, Panama x Bangi and Zamal I went with Zamal fems for my 1st run but I already have some standard/segular Golden Tiger seeds to use in the future.
Thank you for your thoughts. I am receiving great care and all of the detectable melanoma was removed. Likely that some cells got lose and my likelihood of it showing up again was around 35-40%. I am in a phase 3 clinical trial of some newer immunotherapy options. The "placebo" is the standard of care which is Keytruda. Full body surveillance scans have all been clear and I will have them for the next 9months as I complete the treatments. Should cut my future risk by 50% or so. Docs all say that 50yrs old is young for this and my health is generally quite good so odds are not too bad.

You made a great choice with the Zam. Regards - Azeo

I'm glad that the chances of it showin up again are reducing for you, I would find it hard being in your possition.

Keep us updated if thats not prying into you private life too much, hopefully you have friends and family to support you though it.

It must be around now you will harvest the 1st plant I hope you get sticky fingers and big buds :)

Azeotrope

Veteran
I'm glad that the chances of it showin up again are reducing for you, I would find it hard being in your possition.

Keep us updated if thats not prying into you private life too much, hopefully you have friends and family to support you though it.

It must be around now you will harvest the 1st plant I hope you get sticky fingers and big buds :)
Thank you again. I am very fortunate to have fantastic family and friends. They offer me great support and care when needed. Health is good right now. I own a tech business (IIoT) so working from home and adapting my schedule has been easy and that has really helped.

Going to harvest this lady in the next day or so. About 15% cloudy trichs.

Attachments

• IMG_0337.jpeg
    IMG_0337.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 46
  • IMG_0335.jpeg
    IMG_0335.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 44
  • IMG_0334.jpeg
    IMG_0334.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 49

Azeotrope

Veteran
Two of the girls have been harvested and have been dried with the cure in process. Excellent potency, great mood enhancement, long lasting and quite well balanced as it tapers into a nice relaxing state. The short plant that lived in the back corner is less potent but they are both great and very similar.

Attached are some photos of the last remaining girl. Pic with 1 U.S. gallon plastic jug added for size reference. This is a GoldenTiger queen/diva that I have been unable to keep happy in terms of feeding as she does not like much and her friends were hungry so please excuse the leaf damage. On 10/14 now trying to get her to shut down. She likes to randomly push out new flushes of re-flowering. Almost all trichs have some fog/cloud to them. Hoping to harvest in the next 7 days as my veg tent is being overrun.

Attachments

• IMG_0393.jpeg
    IMG_0393.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 47
  • IMG_0391.jpeg
    IMG_0391.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0386.jpeg
    IMG_0386.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 46

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Damn, I missed the show here lately @Azeotrope excellent ride and outcome :tiphat: impressive flowers on all the plants and on the 3 different sativa strains. Pleased that early smoke tests show promise and suit your taste. Thanks for sharing such a fantastic grow with us, and most important all the best for the recovery.

Azeotrope

Veteran
Damn, I missed the show here lately @Azeotrope excellent ride and outcome :tiphat: impressive flowers on all the plants and on the 3 different sativa strains. Pleased that early smoke tests show promise and suit your taste. Thanks for sharing such a fantastic grow with us, and most important all the best for the recovery.
dubi - Your positive energy and encouragement are always appreciated. In total they yielded about 21oz of smokeable flower. The GT lady yielded abiut 15-16 of those. She was ripe for sure but, in a perfect world I'd have liked to see her have another week. My VPD was running to extremes and she was suffering. 5,460 feet of elevation, cold, very very low relative humidity. I learned to grow at sea level in Seattle with easy conditions. Therefore, I have the tent reset and I have taken the required measures and expense to once again have a more optimal VPD. I am an expert in building environmental controls, HVAC, commercial/industrial refrigeration, electrical and mechanical system design/engineering. I could no longer tolerate the out of control environmental conditions in the tent.

Her smoke is absolutely extreme in terms of potency, positivity, and duration. No ceiling and no tolerance build up. Slight hints of fruit/sweet and citrus notes. Very smooth smoke. Makes everyone "feel so good and happy". Very energetic. I decarbed 3oz of lower buds/fluff and an ounce of trim leaf for making edibles and then got a crazy idea and made bubble hash from the decarbed trim, one ounce of decarbed bud/fluff, and one ounce of prime buds. It melts beautifully and really does make a nice addition to the joints my wife has been rolling.

Of course most is locked away in the dark in jars at 62% humidity for a while.

The tent is reloaded with clones of the GT, some Snow Moon x GT, and some Snow Moon. Will get some pics up soon. All Ace once again! Winners every time!

Azeotrope

Veteran
Tent is reset and ready to flip into flower. These poor ladies spent a very long time in the veg tent root bound in small 5 inch square pots. They have recovered well in this flower tent over the last 13 days.

Attachments

• IMG_0467.jpeg
    IMG_0467.jpeg
    6.5 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0466.jpeg
    IMG_0466.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 24

Latest posts

Latest posts