What's new

Day 5 of 12/12 - Mix of Ace Sativas

Azeotrope

Veteran
Hope everyone is well. Just sharing some photos of my fairly random set of some Zamdelica, Guwai, and Golden Tiger. Just hanging out in a 50gallon fabric pot feeding on organics. These are from seed and I was extremely busy with life and cannot say for sure which variety each plant is. My best memory is that the two on the left are Zam, one in the middle up front is GT, and the two on the right are Guwai. One random in the middle rear is either Zam or GT.

In the end, they will all likely be great so who really cares right? Haha

Attachments

• IMG_9709.jpeg
    IMG_9709.jpeg
    5.9 MB · Views: 102
  • IMG_9710.jpeg
    IMG_9710.jpeg
    4.8 MB · Views: 100
  • IMG_9711.jpeg
    IMG_9711.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 88
  • IMG_9712.jpeg
    IMG_9712.jpeg
    5.7 MB · Views: 102

Azeotrope

Veteran
what are the funny light bulbs hanging there?
The Pot is funny too. Love your unorthodox approach.
Those are 1 - 150w and 1 - 70w Sylvania G12 CDM/CMH/LEC bulbs. 930 color code. Above them mounted horizontally in a reflector are 2 - 150w. One is a 940 and the other is a 930. These are not olen fixture rated to be honest. I have everything set-up such that a rupture would not burn the building down. All on digital ballasts.

I get SUPER high yields per watt as I can drop those bulbs into the various interstitial areas/spaces and photons hit the plants at all elevations and many angles.

These are Golden Tiger x Snow Moon at day 60 grown like this in a previous run.

Attachments

• IMG_4351.jpeg
    IMG_4351.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 112
  • IMG_4348.jpeg
    IMG_4348.jpeg
    6.1 MB · Views: 110
  • IMG_4356.jpeg
    IMG_4356.jpeg
    5.2 MB · Views: 106

Azeotrope

Veteran
Update @ approx Day 10 -11 of flower.

Warm regards to everyone. Lights are now @ 11 on & 13 off. Removed one male and one herm that I believe were Guawu. Implemented some training as well. Just watering with a solution of alfalfa/molasses/kelp. Not much alfalfa tea though.

Attachments

• IMG_9742.jpeg
    IMG_9742.jpeg
    5.7 MB · Views: 46
  • IMG_9741.jpeg
    IMG_9741.jpeg
    5.5 MB · Views: 51
  • IMG_9744.jpeg
    IMG_9744.jpeg
    5.4 MB · Views: 41
  • IMG_9745.jpeg
    IMG_9745.jpeg
    4.6 MB · Views: 35
  • IMG_9746.jpeg
    IMG_9746.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 34
  • IMG_9747.jpeg
    IMG_9747.jpeg
    5.4 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_9748.jpeg
    IMG_9748.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 32
  • IMG_9749.jpeg
    IMG_9749.jpeg
    4.9 MB · Views: 41

Azeotrope

Veteran
Approx Day 16-17 of flowering light schedule.

One male GT removed. One Zam is moving into flower nicely. The other two remaining plants have not shown their gender yet. Over the last 25yrs of growing and as someone that prefers sativas (real sativas), I have learned to be patient. Took a bunch of cuts/clones from each yesterday.

Best wishes to all of you.

Attachments

• IMG_9798.jpeg
    IMG_9798.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 35
  • IMG_9797.jpeg
    IMG_9797.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 35
  • IMG_9800.jpeg
    IMG_9800.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 36
  • IMG_9804.jpeg
    IMG_9804.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 32
  • IMG_9803.jpeg
    IMG_9803.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 30
  • IMG_9802.jpeg
    IMG_9802.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_9799.jpeg
    IMG_9799.jpeg
    4.5 MB · Views: 45

Azeotrope

Veteran
Starting to see some good flowering action. Still have one taking it's own sweet time to switch and show gender.

Attachments

• IMG_9821.jpeg
    IMG_9821.jpeg
    4.6 MB · Views: 45
  • IMG_9820.jpeg
    IMG_9820.jpeg
    6.1 MB · Views: 44
  • IMG_9822.jpeg
    IMG_9822.jpeg
    5.4 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_9823.jpeg
    IMG_9823.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 43

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
those are some healthy looking sativas!

how many weeks of flower before harvest?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Glad to see you embarked on a new ACE indoor adventure @Azeotrope ;) very healthy plants in growth, thanks a lot for your support. It's truly an unorthodox approach to plant regular seeds in the same big pot, i like your style heheheh, usually fem seeds is a more convenient choice if you only grow a few plants indoors.

Since they are all quite Malawi shaped hybrids, we will be able to identify them better during flowering.
That GT x Snow Moon hybrid was amazing 💪 thanks for share pics again!

Azeotrope

Veteran
Glad to see you embarked on a new ACE indoor adventure @Azeotrope ;) very healthy plants in growth, thanks a lot for your support. It's truly an unorthodox approach to plant regular seeds in the same big pot, i like your style heheheh, usually fem seeds is a more convenient choice if you only grow a few plants indoors.

Since they are all quite Malawi shaped hybrids, we will be able to identify them better during flowering.
That GT x Snow Moon hybrid was amazing 💪 thanks for share pics again!
dubi - Thank you so kindly for the feedback. I do have a good stash of Ace sativa seed stock and still love to go with reg seeds. Your craft/work really has created some special selections and they are always of great vigor and exceptional quality. I had a small break from growing due to health and other life considerations. So it feels good to be back at it. Going to start the last 3 SnowMoon seeds I have and let them mature in my nursery for when this is done. Also have cuttings from these 3 ladies. Might start some SMXGT with them.

I looked back through my photo log on this one and I am quite sure that I am left with 2 Zam and 1 GT. All now confirmed as female.

This is my hobby and offers some good meds for my wife and I as I age. Not sure I will ever move from reg seeds. The males were cut just above the mulch and fed back to my worms. There is a robust population of composting worms in the bed so the rest will feed the 3 ladies. These sativa have filled most of the void and they do tend continue to grow through flower some. The bushy structure of the ZAM is impressive and welcome in my garden. I do need to restock on Malawi and Malawi X PCK which is one of your most magnificent creations.

Best Regards - Azeo

Azeotrope

Veteran
Just some pics from today. Nothing significant to report. Growth and flowering rates are as I would hope for.

Best regards - Azeo

Attachments

• IMG_9838.jpeg
    IMG_9838.jpeg
    5.5 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_9840.jpeg
    IMG_9840.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 38
  • IMG_9837.jpeg
    IMG_9837.jpeg
    4.8 MB · Views: 43
  • IMG_9835.jpeg
    IMG_9835.jpeg
    5.9 MB · Views: 45

Azeotrope

Veteran
As always - Ace Seeds genetics are bringing great vigor, explosive growth rates, and beautiful sativa traits.

Attachments

• IMG_9846.jpeg
    IMG_9846.jpeg
    6 MB · Views: 41
  • IMG_9847.jpeg
    IMG_9847.jpeg
    5.3 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_9848.jpeg
    IMG_9848.jpeg
    6.4 MB · Views: 44
  • IMG_9851.jpeg
    IMG_9851.jpeg
    6.1 MB · Views: 42
  • IMG_9850.jpeg
    IMG_9850.jpeg
    5.6 MB · Views: 37
  • IMG_9849.jpeg
    IMG_9849.jpeg
    5 MB · Views: 39

Azeotrope

Veteran
What do you think?

It occurred to me that I have the needed components to upgrade one of the vertical bulbs from 70w to 150w which would take the total from 520w LEC/CDM (300w 930 and 220w 942) to 600w and I could tweak the color code balance to just about anything as my bulb stock is robust. Heat is not an issue with the increased wattage consideration. This tent is roughly 10.5 - 11 sqft.

However, I just don't know if I want to play with it. Haha. Should I?

Azeotrope

Veteran
Approx day 30 of flowering schedule. Brought the wattage up to 590w. Just water with kelp and top dressing with organic inputs for the worms to digest. Fresh chopped Coriander, chopped celery, chopped Kale, chopped broccoli, red guano 1-17-1, dried poultry manure.

Regards - Azeo

Attachments

• IMG_9888.jpeg
    IMG_9888.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 38
  • IMG_9880.jpeg
    IMG_9880.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 35
  • IMG_9879.jpeg
    IMG_9879.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_9872.jpeg
    IMG_9872.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 35
  • IMG_9875.jpeg
    IMG_9875.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 35
  • IMG_9883.jpeg
    IMG_9883.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 33

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi @Azeotrope LEC gives stronger light than HPS. With overall 600w where 520 are from LEC, you can iluminate for cultivation 1.2 m2 or a bit more. Just make sure the LEC light is not too close the plants to burn their tops. Lateral lights indoors are very convenient for big sized plants, sativas and also broad leaf indicas that don't allow proper vertical light penetration.

They are looking great in early flowering. Beside top dressing, do you use liquid fertilzers ?

Azeotrope

Veteran
Hi @Azeotrope LEC gives stronger light than HPS. With overall 600w where 520 are from LEC, you can iluminate for cultivation 1.2 m2 or a bit more. Just make sure the LEC light is not too close the plants to burn their tops. Lateral lights indoors are very convenient for big sized plants, sativas and also broad leaf indicas that don't allow proper vertical light penetration.

They are looking great in early flowering. Beside top dressing, do you use liquid fertilzers ?
Hello dubi - Yes LEC is a much more efficient light source in my experience. I used to grow on a much larger scale and adopted LEC the first month that Philips made their first release of the Retro-White bulbs (meant for commercial lighting and not designed for growing) in 2009 as I had access to early sample shipments. Vertical/Lateral lights are a favourite of mine even as I have shrunk down the scale of my growing to just my personal hobby plants.

Thank you for the thoughts on plant health. I used to use coco drain to waste and DWC for my larger formats but my personal/hobby plants are always in living soil and minimal till organics with large root volumes of soil/media. I will occasionally make an organic tea for them or feed them with some organic fermented fish and corn steep liquor. With a healthy, mature, and diverse living soil I find it to be less beneficial and at times a little risky. So for right now, I am inclined to just let the worms work it out with the additions of materials through top dressing. It is about time for a little Langbeinite which is a mined mineral that is essentially sulphur/magnesium/potassium at 0-0-22. Just a top dress of it which is water soluble and should help with resin production.

Latest posts

Latest posts